ProtonMail BTFO

ProtonMail BTFO
>Protonmail complies with authorities and scans emails.

Pasta from restore privacy.
Huge News! ProtonMail has admitted to VOLUNTARY surveillance and cooperation with law enforcement. They are not even compelled to do this, but voluntarily will target and log users, and then provide this information to authorities without a court order! They have done this as recently as April 2019. Sven, you should cover this.
A lawyer in Switzerland recently covered this topic on his website and also pointed out that ProtonMail is lying to their users about privacy protections. It’s all marketing and lies.
steigerlegal.ch/2019/05/23/protonmail-echtzeit-ueberwachung/
And here is the English translation, archived:archive.is/2wJVx

Attached: SmartSelect_20190528-093839_Kiwi Browser.jpg (425x121, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S69830214#p69831770
reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/bs4n21/german_protonmail_bietet_freiwillig_hand_für/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=ProtonMail&utm_content=t1_ep4159s
reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/biusm7/transparency_report_update_questions/em5u71i/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=ProtonMail&utm_content=t1_ep40z4e
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>
324/5000
Prosecutor Walder from the Cybercrime Competence Center contacted me because he was misquoted. He did not say at the mentioned event that ProtonMail would voluntarily publish real-time data. He referred to ProtonMail merely as a potential provider of Inbound Communication Services (AAKD).
fuck off.

There is no privacy on any network connected device. Only a fool would assume otherwise.

I use ProtonMail because it has a nice UI desu

Attached: 367373467.jpg (477x477, 41K)

Interesting stuff, but I'd be skeptical of anything restoreprivacy says. Reminder that they intentionally spread FUD about TOR as a means of shilling for VPN companies for profit.
warosu.org/g/thread/S69830214#p69831770
start at this post and go down through the reply chain.

Does Protonmail somehow encrypt every email or something so it is troublesome to open it? I once sent an email from my protonmail account to my professor and he said he "doesnt open such emails" lmao, to this i dont know what he meant

He’s probably just retarded

supplement

Prosecutor Walder from the Cybercrime Competence Center contacted me because he was misquoted. He did not say at the mentioned event that ProtonMail would voluntarily publish real-time data. He referred to ProtonMail merely as a potential provider of Inbound Communication Services (AAKD).

I broadcast the mentioned event live, including the instructive lecture by prosecutor Walder. The statement that ProtonMail was a (potential) AAKD would have been too commonplace to be mentioned. The note, however, that ProtonMail voluntarily offer hand for real-time monitoring, was spectacular and was sprinted by me accordingly. As mentioned, ProtonMail refers to at least one real-time monitoring in the transparency report.

/thread

no, only from proton to proton.

anyways, the whole article is bait. TLDR is that of course swiss authorities can touch protonmail users and protonmail is obliged to gain access to everything they know about said user if they court order them to. the main selling point of protonmail is "no data mining" and "privacy since we encrypt your mailbox", not "we rather die in a shootout with the swiss police than giving up your username".

If you send an encrypted mail from Protonmail to any external recipient, they only get a link to a Protonmail page where they can enter the key you agreed upon earlier and read your message. Unencrypted mails work like expected, but if you've had prior experience with Protonmail you might confuse both.
Using your self-generated PGP key for sending encrypted mails outside of Protonmail is still not supported, you can only export your public key in PGP format.

based
thank you
OP is a faggot

OP BTFO

reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/bs4n21/german_protonmail_bietet_freiwillig_hand_für/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=ProtonMail&utm_content=t1_ep4159s

reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/biusm7/transparency_report_update_questions/em5u71i/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=ProtonMail&utm_content=t1_ep40z4e

If you actually read you would see that was a footnote change at best. It doesnt change the fact that protonmail voluntarily engaged real time monitoring of their user, as they admitted that they did in their own transparency report.
Cope harder protard.

Thank GNU I use cock.li

yeah, they admitted to it and they had no other choice. so, since i don't engage in criminal activity i still benefit from given perks over other email providers.

Yeah who gives a dimmadamn about this, all emails are potentially monitored, nothing is safe, at least protonmail is incredibly user-friendly and good looking, both the site and the mobile app

The main reason why I don't use Protonmail is because they ask something like 1,50 per extra custom domain. Which is ridiculous if you would already pay for their service.

>Law-abiding company goes through the motions of cooperating with valid law enforcement activities
>Doesn't have the ability to actually read emails stored on the service with encryption keys you manage
Welp, looks like everybody should just go back to the "free" email service provided by a literal digital surveillance company.

Anyone who is using protonmail after they've banned people for their political views is retarded. It's worse than gmail.

perfectly illustrates the idiocy of

he's right though

>worse than gmail
>right

I would also voluntarily give authorities useless encrypted data about my customers if I had the chance, only to troll them.
>here's the data you wanted officer
>>this is just gibberish, what is this?
>it's encrypted. Not even we have access to it. Anyway good luck, officer! Trollface.bmp

When has gmail banned someone for expressions of wrongthink that didn't even take place on google services? This garbage is pure placebo.

You're right for most part. Even John McAfee recommends gmail, because he considers it the most safe. And of course encrypt your messages yourself.

Ever heard about encryption?

I'm not saying you should actually use gmail, just that protonmail is worse in the way that might actually effect you. Encryption of your own mailbox doesn't really matter since most people you talk to are going to have unencrypted copies stored on gmail or whatever anyway. Encrypting messages yourself is the only real solution.

proton messages are all encrypted

that is internal proton message*

There is nothing magical or special about protonmail as an email provider. And never was.
/thread

>implying I don't always send encrypted emails by using the link to decrypt it if I have to

The idiocy runs the other way.

Anyone showing up itt should read: OP is a lying faggot.

So what's the safest email, bros (out of the major companies)?