/pcbg/ - PC Building General - Zen 2 Announcement Edition

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - (cheaper) Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>Wait for R7 3700X or 3600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>Wait for R7 3800X - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>Wait for R9 3900X/Threadripper - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: chrome_cTatb22ma5.jpg (2322x885, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wXehgm7t39k
youtube.com/watch?v=UviqqBZj2Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=K-15FmuuyuY&t=0s
pcpartpicker.com/user/posttoastfost/saved/gwZJbv
pcpartpicker.com/list/8k2c9J
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

x posted
Decided on either the ASUS MG279Q or the ASUS PG279Q. Thanks for the assistance.

I missed the point of showing pubg side by side. There aren't any stats or anything.
I'm jerking it right now. Hopefully someone helps you out

Any experience on Amazon Warehouse graphic cards? They have 1060s in a good price.
But with all this mining meme im too pussy. Should i avoid it

Attached: 155409080646.jpg (640x640, 76K)

Which computer router do I buy Jow Forums?

Attached: firefox_nJSK55rOCk.png (1920x1080, 736K)

Alright, getting a 3700X. If I intend to overclock the CPU a bit, should I go DDR4 3000Mhz C15, or 3200Mhz C16? Any other combination would be too pricey

Attached: 1559027191577.jpg (700x1000, 168K)

Looking for an SSD for my next build. How is the Corsair MP510 960GB?
It's only slightly more expensive than 2.5" SSDs yet performance and endurance looks really good on paper. Where's the catch?

Asking again.

I'm running a Ryzen 5 2600 system with a GTX1060 and GT710 with 7 monitors on Linux but getting massive lag when running more than one video-intensive application. What is my limiting factor here? Can I upgrade the 710 to another 1060 to get better performance or is the CPU throttling the total framebuffer?

This PC is for multitasking, not performance. I am not considering anything more powerful than 1060.

Attached: slayers9.jpg (1200x1031, 106K)

pubg is notorious for being an unoptimised shitfest that only favours intel. This benchmark is basically ayymd dunking on kiketel in their own backyard.

>Should i avoid it
Yes.

Hold off on buying ram until reviews

It's either a barely used bargain or broken/covered in shit/a bag of gravel

I've been looking to buy some cheap CAD computers (the software being SOLIDWORKS)
I looked at some benchmarks from Puget Systems and it seems the per-core performance is what matters so i'm looking at the 3600x because it has a similar frequency to the higher end chips for a lower price
Ram needs to be minimum 12 cuz SOLIDWORKS
And for the GPU i'm thinking about the quadro p1000
Do you guys know if there are better parts for this?

Amazon Employee here, used could mean a scuff on the box to almost completely destroyed. When it comes to a graphics card I would never buy used because of mining in general, but the only way to find out is to order it, but I don't know the return policy of Warehouse deals items off the top of my head. Only time I've used warehouse deals was to grab a pair of Sennheiser headphones for nearly half off, but that's because there were loads of them that were unopened but because the box was scuffed it had to be damaged out.

At least I know which motherboard I'll be looking at.
>Says "no mATX"
>Literally stands in front of one
Steve pls.

Attached: firefox_2019-05-28_18-29-13.png (437x278, 149K)

get it if it fails amazon will replace with a brand new one

Can I use the windows key of my current desktop (found in powershell) to put it on my new one and it'll activate?

>Can I use the windows key of my current desktop (found in powershell) to put it on my new one and it'll activate?
depends, is it OEM

I'd carefully recommend not going with such a weak card. I'm currently seaching for a definite answer for a rendering rig and the RTX 4000 so far seems to be surprisingly good value. Under $1k and only half as fas as the GV100 (which costs more than ten times as much) in the Solidworks own benchmark.

It claims to be "Like new". But yeah, i probably wouldnt get one.. Thanks.

>will replace with a brand new one
where does it say that?

>getting a used 1060
why? Even the 4gb 570 performs better than the 6gb 1060

this pissed me off so much that's the fucking board I want to get in July, fucking reeeeee

Because it has better quality

>reccomending hardware that isn't even out yet
Maximum amd shill.

>not only the trademark nvidia washed out visuals but less frametime+fps
>better quality
ahahaahahahahahaahha

>where does it say that?
Amazon whorehouse deals have 1y warranty

>>not only the trademark nvidia washed out visuals
proof?
>but less frametime+fps
proof?
Genuine question.

it really really doesn't

No clue, I got this pc off a friend who needed rent money for really cheap, but then I remembered I still have my laptop that I bought oem, is that one usable?

Any idea how well PCIe 3.0 risers will work with PCIe 4.0?
I know long risers won't work for it.

Inb4 "3.0 is enough"

What's the best monitor for the price.
I want to take the jump to 240htz and 27"

youtube.com/watch?v=wXehgm7t39k
youtube.com/watch?v=UviqqBZj2Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=K-15FmuuyuY&t=0s
inb4
>updates don't matter
>6ms lag doesn't matter
>only inconsistent fps spikes matter
lel. Go buy your pozzed gtx and turn aliasing to the max. Who cares about moar resolution and greater render scale, amiright?

Rate
pcpartpicker.com/user/posttoastfost/saved/gwZJbv
Graphix card is the vega 56 and cpu is gonna be the 3600x

Attached: 1551306546615.jpg (1002x666, 32K)

which card can push over 240fps in recent AAA games at ultra user?

open up your first video and what do I see.
Whats your point?

Attached: whats your point.jpg (1695x893, 646K)

List is private

>ASRock B350M-HDV
>R3 1200
>16GB RAM
>128 GB NvME Bootdrive
>500GB HDD
>RX 460

Will be upgrading this shit to the R5 3600. Will this work?

Thank you for confirming my statement. It was brave enough of you to try though. Why didn't you just tell him to get the RX580? Would have saved you that embarassment.

I don't understand, this was supposed to be proof that 570 is better than 1060, right? Then the fuck is this?

Attached: 2nd game.jpg (1694x889, 340K)

I want to run super meat boy at a glorious 240fps.
I also do a bit of animation in my spare time so I'd like a larger workspace

Exact reason I don't care about high refresh rates.

Saw what was meant to be a monitor ad in a store comparing 30, 60, and 144hz side-by-side. Made me realize it isn't worth buying a housefire to break 60.

but don't you see how much BETTER the RX 570 looks and feels?

pcpartpicker.com/list/8k2c9J

I don't understand, how is this proof that 570 is faster than 1060?

Attached: 3rd game.jpg (1694x889, 373K)

No card can do over 180 on ultra. 2080ti is like 140fps

I guess? The 460 isn't exactly a powerhouse if the goal is gaming

this is just for VM work. I also have a 900p screen, so it's okay. Will be upgrading to Navi or a 16 series Geforce after.

It's clearly not, don't fall for sarcasm. I'd guess that it keeps up in Forza 4 and that one other AMD title (was it Dirt 4?) but that's it. Also the 1060 has better lows and temps etc. so no competition.

>no card can do over 180 on ultra
Then, what's the point?

GPU?

vega 56

Do you really want mass Intel suicides or what?

Attached: 205af7691b98b54bac4c566fa9a13f146f820541c77ca7976c44988bc3f54d2f.png (800x618, 937K)

Is there a point to the 3800x, when it's just an overlocked 3700x. They're pretty much the same

Reminder, AMD will announce Athlon 5000 with 16-core 5 Ghz in a month.

hows vega 56, vega 64 and 2060, 2070 compare?

Dank, just get a higher wattage PSU. 650 or 700.

>yfw single Chiplet R3s exist and they're 6-core 6 thread

1650 is very poor value. If you're going cheap get an RX 570, either 4 or 8GB. The R5 2600/X is a better option than the i5 9400F, especially considering the upgrade path on AM4

He already has a 4GB 580, retard. Read my lips, it's great for its price and VRAM buffer + overall performance combination. If you have to Ultra every setting an add useless texture packs to feel good, that's your problem

When can we expect use rbenchmarks for the 3600x?

did my first ever build in december and didn't know much about ram speed and amd CPUs, how much of a differnce is there between 2666mhz and 3200mhz? Is it worth spending money on upgrading?

Well you could overclock the 3800x and come out ahead? Nobody will know until we actually get reviews. Not too excited about the prices though, 7nm doesn't come cheap.

true

Attached: 1559041522191.jpg (1388x1351, 284K)

you fucked up

7/7

It is true but human eye can not see over 120fps, you wish to reach placebo. I m 4013 elo in cs go ( top 200) and top 0.02% in reaction time test and i see no difference my ingame name is Dr.Clown

that doesn't tell me anything.

Yes it does. It tells you that you fucked up.

>but then I remembered I still have my laptop that I bought oem, is that one usable?
no, the opposite

Lol. Upgrade if you can recoup your cash. But you basically handicapped your CPU this entire time

Why?

You're probably using the same card to run more than one application. You need to select which card you want to use to render things on the render options of the applications.

What kind of application are you using?

ok. which one should I get?

2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16
OR
2x16GB 3200 MHz DDR4 CL18

Speaking from experience, the Vega is going to draw more than that PSU can handle at high loads.

Do I get the 3900x or do I wait for the 16 core? This is my greatest dilemma.

first of all dont listen to these morons
2666mhz vs 3200mhz even on ryzenpoo is like 5% difference even in gaymens

secondly obviously CL16

Well yeah but it's like 3 times the price and I won't be doing very large assemblies (a maximum of 1000 parts roughly) and I just need viewport performance anyways since I won't do any rendering or simulating
Also in the 2019 edition they have this beta feature which is said to increase viewport performance by up to 40 times so I might even go with just the p620

Chances are they're not a good price, at least unless they're ~180USD or less

>3200Mhz C16
That

Just judging by its size it's old and slow. You're looking for something that's 1TB, like the Crucial MX500 in m.2 format

You'll have to update BIOS before getting rid of your old R3, provided the B350 gets a BIOS update, which it most probably will. If you're gaming the bigger problem is the graphics card though

Get 3200CL16 RAM

>Is there a point to the 3800x, when it's just an overlocked 3700x. They're pretty much the same
Probably not, but we'll see. Maybe there are features like auto-overclocking specific to the higher priced model

>Is it worth spending money on upgrading?
Not if you already have the 2666 RAM. Just try to overclock it

If you're buying more RAM, definitely get the CL16

t. bought slow RAM

>obviously cl16
lmao
why the one with the greater latency?

Why are high refresh rate monitors only marketed towards gamers, when they are just so aesthetically pleasing for everyone?

Because in marketing, "gamer" means "buys stupid shit"

>omg you don't need 60 fps unless you are some E-sports athlete fag, 30 fps is perfectly fine and there is no difference between the two
People have seriously held this view point and defended it.
Same shit with 60hz and 144hz

>lmao
you can't follow thread replies can you? he asked cl18 vs cl16 3200mhz

moron
>why the one with the greater latency?
he's right too, ryzenshit responds more to freq than latency improvements, even if marginally so

The most obvious example of the issue is playing a fullscreen 1080p video while also playing a fullscreen 1080p game, but any combination of videos+games exceeding about 1440p total causes frame rate drops. All monitors on both cards share the same Xscreen. How can I prevent them from sharing resources while still sharing the same Xscreen?

Post yfw AMD finally took the iron throne.

amazon warehouse deals are generally dread with missing parts etc. That said, you can return it hassle free if you're not happy with it.

Similar setup here.
Ryzen 5 2600, RX470 + GT630, 6 monitors, Linux, multitask only.

Everything runs smooth here. Might want to check your video drivers. Strongly suggest you to pick an AMD GPU

More like we've got literally no choice, we can only pray that the VRM and cooling aren't shit for at least a 3700X. No interest in a 2600X with 200 more MHz.

Attached: disappointment-shirt-1.jpg (750x500, 107K)

haha just look at all this impotent incel rage
you can almost taste the seethe

what are you talking about schizo

go back to /v/ pls and stop polluting

I'd bet money that it has better OCing capability than the 3700X.

haha calm down faggot i'm sure there wont be any more crippling intlel vulnerabilities any time soon

Which programs should I download to know/test shit about my PC next to CPU-Z?

Any other useful ones?

binning, plain and simple.

3700Xes are all guaranteed to have some fault that doesn't allow them to reach 3800X freqs.

You got two different gpu makes working together? Same Xscreen?

HWmonitor is good for monitoring usage and temps

Crystal Disk Info is great for storage, GPU-Z is a given as well.

>Just judging by its size it's old and slow. You're looking for something that's 1TB, like the Crucial MX500 in m.2 format
It was released in October 2018.
>Read: 3480MB/s
>Write: 3000MB/s
>IOPS read/write: 610k/570k
The Crucial MX500 is SATA in M.2 format, i.e. limited to some 500MB/s, and it's only 15€ cheaper.

nigger, someone asked
>DDR4 3000Mhz C15, or 3200Mhz C16
Also, most 3200 ram don't even clock at the advertised speed. Most 3000 and 3200 clock at 2933. Even so, 200mghz won't do much while ram latency might actually be noticeable.

>HWmonitor is good
It's no better than speccy.
I'll assume you meant to say HWinfo

It's useless for everything else that isn't gaming. 4k monitors or multiple monitors are better for productivity work.