Why do people still use Gimp when Krita does its job better AND it's a painting program on top?

Why do people still use Gimp when Krita does its job better AND it's a painting program on top?

Attached: kiki_s_plastic_model___front_view_by_tysontan-dbi236c.jpg (1600x1065, 131K)

holy shit is that official?

I'm used to Gimp.

I want to nakadashi kiki.

gimp can do photo manipulation
u draw in krita

came here to post this

>why use gimp for photo manipulation when krita can do that too as well as paint?
I don't need a painting application and I'm not going to install qt5 just for a single program I'm only occasionally going to use.

Except GIMP is so terrible and unintuitive that Krita actually competes with it.

This. I prefer Paint.NET to Gimp, so I guess I would like Krita more than Gimp also. If there was an equivalent program using gtk I would uninstall gimp immediately.
>inb4 pinta
it's dead and miles behind pdn in functionality.

I want to hotglue kiki.

Attached: kiki_s_plastic_model___low_angle_rear_view_by_tysontan-dbi250r.jpg (1600x1065, 178K)

Oh my god

Obligatory "I want to fuck kiki" post

Post them hentais already

/ic/ here
I tried using krita years ago and I hated it, it's clunky, cumbersome and hard to use, it's just plain anti people and freetards just can't overcome that on anything they do.

Attached: 1552343446246.jpg (660x680, 41K)

Kiki a Qt

Krita was barely functional years ago. It started improving and gaining attention only like a year or two ago.

Attached: kiki.png (1000x750, 478K)

it can't even open the hubble deep field image bro

no. some guy made it for tyson as a gift. i want it too.

gimp's text tool is still better.
and... thats almost all.

blame devs hating sai and everything it represents.

They wasted Libreoffice's mascot desu

Krita is a drawing program, i've tried it and when used for photo manipulation and it can't compete at all. Then again what would you expect from a program made for drawing. This thread would have been better as a Photoshop v.s. GIMP thread.

Also programs that requires DE's like LXQt or GNOME are retarded and sometimes aren't even good. GIMP doesn't do that.

>/ic/ here
>freetards
Do you think we are this stupid?

Attached: doggo.jpg (800x600, 221K)

>gimp's text tool is still better.
>text becomes massively blurry when you rotate its layer

Attached: 1336901366681.jpg (300x297, 48K)

>implying

Attached: 1557863278167.webm (854x480, 2.36M)

>text tool
stop making a text layer into raster and rotate it with bilinear or a worse filter you dork

Krita saves some shit onto my c drive SSD, how do I change this? (Gimp doesn't)

This is why people hate GIMP.