Can it be stopped?

Can it be stopped?

Attached: 34364634.png (512x512, 12K)

raise SystemExit

thx

exit()

Tardware is always doomed to succeed for the same reason that trashy novels are more popular than difficult ones; RnB is more popular than classical; etc. etc. Most people are fucking stupid and proglangs that cater to fucking stupid people will win out no matter the pound of flesh you have to sacrifice.

I wish
So many programs use it for their plugin API despite its garbage performance

Based

Python is for the type of niggers who get pissy about zero-based arrays.

Daily reminder developer time is more valuable than server time.

Python is zero-based, retard.

Hardware times is godly. Dev time is worthless.

Inb4 me.
Damn you!

You're retarded and you don't even know it.

Not in real life too.

> developer time is more valuable
What a perfect excuse for advocating the further deskilling of your profession. Too bad that this platitude is belied by the astronomically low level of source-code reuse ( or any use ).
Any given group of 10 lines in a Python program probably took about a minute to writer and maybe ten to test and debug. Any group of 10 lines in a moderately complex C program takes about an hour to write and possibly days to test and debug to an acceptable degree. Yet absolutely /all/ the most-reused code in the world ( including Python itself ) is written in C and not in Python or some other bells-and-whistles HLL that ultimately asks you to buy into a phantom model of computation.

I didn’t say it wasn’t zero-based, it said it’s for the type of person who gets pissed that arrays are zero-based, now go back to being faggots and sucking each other’s dicks

Ctrl-D

Not when a tab or space is placed improperly. Debugging python is a nightmare

If you don't have your editor help you with that then it's more or less your own fault.

Need to write a script to send a http request or do some simple shit?
Me like Python.
Installing a decently big program written in C++ that needs Python for some shitty reason, that shits itself because you have 3.7 instead of 3.6?
Me no like Python.

vim grandpas have no one to blame but themselves

>http request
not the best example, considering the standard library authors tried THRICE to create a sane API before giving up and admitting that a third-party library (requests) did it better than they ever could

r u serious

Attached: lh5p4hmy7tn11.jpg (610x610, 29K)

I don't mind RnB

Your argument makes no sense.

Attached: 1554427401231.jpg (903x960, 52K)

Thinking about what to write takes much more time than actually writing your software so claiming developer efficiency is just an excuse for idiots who can't grok real languages and have to play with toy shit like Python. Not inly that but dynamic typing means as thr complexity increases, the time spent debugging will increase much faster than a statically typed language. Thirdly, if you hate verbosity just use Go. Python is a piece of shit with no purpose.

Yeah unless you're debugging someone else's code that fucked up their tabs with vim or something then it's your problem. Python is trash.
>Need to write a script to send a http request or do some simple shit?
Still better off with bash or powershell. Python has no purpose.
>r u serious
Yep, urllib is shit and a perfect example of Python's "dead" batteries.

Actually for the average Python developer, the Developer time argument is correct. Because the way they write code is to just change shit until it does what they want.

Damn, really wish MIT would stop dumbing down its CS curriculum with Python for all my tard classmates. Why can't they understand that real programmers use languages like C for everything?

I'll do it.
I'll kill python to stop the droves of shitty start ups.

Wish me luck...

>MIT
lol. "Elite" universities are a farce in 2019. Legacy admissions, athletics, "inclusion" saw to that. Formerly, if you couldn't get admitted on the strength of your academic acumen, you would have had little chance of succeeding there so there was no point in stuff like inclusiveness admissions but now that is a thing so even if you are a mediocre student you can succeed just fine at so-called elite universities. The curriculum has been dumbed down, grades have been inflated. The latest evidence of the college admission scandal where celebritys' dumbdumb kids were paying to get in proves it. If you're willing to pay bribes to grt in, it's only cuz you know you can succeed once you're there, I.e., academic rigor is a quaint footnote of history.
Which brings us to MIT, you, your idiot classmates, and Python.

cope: the post

Pic related the post

Attached: 37450.jpg (208x319, 8K)

people will leave when python 4 comes out and it wont run your python 3 scripts. once bitten twice shy after everyone got cucked in the move from 2 to 3.

there are enough quirks about the language that it could be supplanted by a better design

t.rejected_from_MIT
how does it feel to know that you will always slave away at a desk working for your ivy league overlords?

this

it used to be good. now there are million and half different ways to format a simpe string

Undergrad STEM in the US, be it MIT, Stanford, Cornell, or anywhere aside from CalTech is a fucking joke for every reason I listed above. The only reason and I mean ONLY reason higher education is taken seriously in the US is graduate programs where legacy, diversity, athletic, etc. admissions are essentially zero. That is where the prestige is. Undergrad is the laughing stock of the world and ivy league undergrad quality in the US is barely on par with middle-tier also ran instutions in the rest of the world. Boasting about getting admission to or graduating from MIT undergrad is pathetic and everybody knows it but you.

>it said it’s for the type of person who gets pissed that arrays are zero-based
but why would it be for the type of person who gets pissed that arrays are zero-based if it IS zero-based, you're talking like a retard

How much does a single developer in SV cost a year vs how much does a server farm cost?

Real talk whats so bad about using Python as your main language for a program and when heavy operations are needed just load up a Rust module? Its easy comfy and best of both worlds, if you can somehow prove this workflow isnt the best possible one right now please go ahead

Attached: 2352525.jpg (1125x1157, 194K)

>ITT we pretend declaring types and freeing allocs takes "skill"

Attached: k3zbizivwhz21.jpg (1598x1408, 220K)

I also like how people pretend types makes the code so much cleaner

>Const Number is a number

>WHAT THE FUCK HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS I THOUGHT IT WAS A BOOLEAN FUCK DYNAMIC TYPING