When did you finally stop distro hopping?

When did you finally stop distro hopping?

Attached: stop distro hopping.jpg (480x360, 31K)

When I switched back to Windows 10

When I realized I was turning into a vinyl licking hipster and settled back to Windows.

when I installed gentoo. Now I just recompile my kernel

my "distro hopping" was switching desktops in Ubuntu/Mint, never used another distro
now I settled for Ubuntu with Cinnamon and I like it
don't like Windows 10, the last good Windows was Windows 7

>don't like Windows 10, the last good Windows was Windows 7

Attached: giga gigachad.png (1080x1331, 938K)

Stop stopping things

Attached: 1492022066442.png (819x686, 506K)

unironically when I installed gentoo back in 2006. I tried a couple of other distros since then, but I didn't see any real benefits.

Never. Currently I'm working on creating my own distro to finally fit my needs ideally.

When I installed Fedora

when i installed arch six years ago. but few months ago i switched to windows 10 with WSL

Manjaro nearly 3 years ago. Previously never spent more than 2 months on a distro.

This. *tips Fedora*

Attached: thatfeelwhenusingfedora.png (442x293, 66K)

About 18 months ago when I moved to Slackware. I've had a very brief stint with Devuan since but it pissed me off so I put Slackware on that machine as well.

Attached: wp1878753-90s-wallpapers.jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

When I switched to arch

When I found Her

Attached: 1458224497549.png (2133x1200, 1.01M)

>outdated packages by default or broken packages plus delays because of SJW faggotry
no

when i bought a mac

fpbp

Found Debian

Manjaro. It just works.

This. It's a shame that I got hold back by its stupid name and the RH beta memes for so long.
For my servers I still use deb oldstable though.

Attached: 680E22A0F9FD44E9B13B2160EB730ECC.jpg (1528x2048, 378K)

When I realized that a distro is not defined by it's DE and I can just install whatever I like in Ubuntu.

When I installed pop_os.

fpbp

Installed Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB with OldNewExplorer and sagorpirbd's Aero Glass 10 theme alongside Debian Stable.

When I got what I wanted: ability to install network security packages + earlier updates,

it's Archlinux with BlackArch repos.

this lmao

when I realized one day I've been running manjaro for 2 years and it's been mostly pain free.

unironically void linux. Super comfy, zero bloat.

when I wanted something that just werks

Attached: 1024px-Kubuntu_logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 62K)

Same. I'm also a hackerman. The BlackArch repos creep me out though, the current BlackArch people aren't well known (well atleast to me).

When I was no longer an angsty teenager 13 years ago.

Red Hat-based stuff is perfectly good for everything from data center to workstation to desktop to mobile.

When my T420 fried but I wasn't distro hopping. I used Manjaro all the time.

When I discovered Fedora. Now I only DE-hop, I go from KDE-Xfce-Awesome and back randomly.

non ironically when I installed gentoo

Used everything under the sun and finally settled on Ubuntu because everything works out of the box and that's all I care about these days

>SSH access by default on workstations
Yikes

using arch for six month and its good, favorite feature arch does not fucking enable systemd services on its own - that’s respectful

Convince me to switch from arch to fedora, guys.

You can more easily break into a Fedora machine because it has SSHD on by default.

intelesting

I must have went through at least 8-10 distros in 3 months. Ubuntu (and about 3 different versions), Fedora, Mint, Puppy (lol), Parrot, Backbox, etc... Settled on PopOS!

I don't like Gnome but it just seems to work with my MSI laptop, and I had to just decide to quit fucking around and do work. No distro is perfect - ever. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.

when i wanted to get actual work done, distro hopping is fun but they all slightly suck in their own way and the ones that work fine (ubuntu), yall echo chamber some non-reason to not use it (bloat or systemd)

fpbp

fpbp

When I installed Solus

Attached: solus.png (512x512, 32K)

When I realized all I really use the computer for is games, sound, artwork, and the occasional mobile app development all which is done with commercial software on win10 for a seamless hassle-free experience. I'm not coding natural language processing or reverse engineering AI, or even solving "real world problems" like youtube-dl lol so why should I use Linux anyhow. All it's really good for to me is as a server in a work environment.....

Attached: 1526799897351.jpg (540x393, 23K)

Never distro-hopped to begin with.

When I started WM-hopping.

this. I installed it on my thinkpad, loved it. I'll install it on my desktop when I have time.

When I installed FreeBSD

>Never heard of LTSB or NTLite

When I got my new macbook :^)

When I installed Gentoo

Attached: FlICmGnj.jpg (1395x1395, 137K)

I haven't really stopped. I feel like I'll only really stop when I create my own distro.
The reason being that I have this idea that any distro will eventually just crumble away from various market forces.
I might just end up creating my own personal POSIX compliant system.

When I installed Solus

in 2012 when i installed arch

when I installed gentoo. sunk cost fallacy is pretty wild

fpbp

when I installed arch
been using arch since 2016

When I realised Windows 7 is the only way.

arcolinux

>The reason being that I have this idea that any distro will eventually just crumble away from various market forces.
>I might just end up creating my own personal POSIX compliant system.

Attached: 363749ed5627b69fd9f20b56146ef9c8.jpg (720x540, 51K)

I used linux for 6 years and now i just use windows
I liked linux but it's still shit.

When I started actually using the pc for work. Now I have a windows workstation, a ThinkPad and a MBP as a daily driver

gentoo

>windows
>work
that's a funny way to spell "video games"

>muh gentoo meme

You can recompile the kernel of any distro, stupid.

Yeah, I wish. Bought metro last light on g2a 3 months ago, played 3/4 hours and forgot about it, no time or will to play.
When I was a kid trying crysis on a athlon x2 and an Nvidia GT something, playing in full slideshow mode I wish I had something like the workstation I'm using now, but I mostly use it for blender

Attached: IMG-20190528-WA0054.jpg (960x540, 136K)

Redpill me on opensuse
I'm planning to learn sysadmin/web dev shit and something about it's stability and simplicity (yast, one click installs, no ppa shit, just "zypper in/up" ) feels appealing. The kde compatibility is just a bonus

this, but unironically

Arch

It literally does not.

>implying that's the only reason
Take a look at Portage

started with fedora over a decade ago and used it as a main distro since then, tried a few other distros on the side like slackware/gentoo and some others that aren't notable enough to mention, switched to nixos as a main distro a few months ago
wouldn't mind switching back to slackware/gentoo tbqh

instead of breaking every 6 months because it's a rolling release distro it'll break every 6-8 months when you distupgrade

this except i never tried linux on anything other than oracle vbox

i'm still hopping...
:'(

based and redpilled

Ubuntu -> xubuntu -> Lubuntu -> gentoo -> windows 10

based maybe but how the fuck is submitting to microsoft telemetry not the complete opposite of redpilled?

Attached: you keep using that word.jpg (700x468, 72K)

Fpbp

S(he) looks like Ralphy from a Christmas story..

Unironically when I installed Arch

this
switched to slackware like a year ago, never looked back

Last summer, I finally went back to my first distro - openSUSE.

It's comfy as fuck to have a rolling distro that actually works (Tumbleweed).

Attached: denied.gif (150x150, 97K)

Unity is fucking garbage you utter plebian

literally this. me too, user

What's the deal with BlackArch anyhow? I know what it's for, but I haven't heard a lot about it from at least people who use it.

When I realized MacOS was the best Unix distro.

Attached: 1538812139390.jpg (5120x2880, 1.99M)

When I hopped from xp to win7

When I went back to Windows

Just Werks™

When I found bedrock linux which allows me to use multiple distros at the same time.

Solus

this
you probably didn't configure and compile your packages and kernel, did you?

nixos
YES

.. and installed a debian subsystem.

When I installed gentoo it slowed down. Everything was manageable, I learned how the system worked more. I was there for years before switching finally to Slackware because Gentoo's overeager package manager fucked me. It's been some more years and everything has been peachy.

>No distro is perfect - ever. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.
bullshit, you have a niche neet use case. Over half of them or all wouldn't work for an actual company because of upgrades

When I installed Devuan