Just started a new job and they are giving me pic related. not allowed to bring my own laptop

just started a new job and they are giving me pic related. not allowed to bring my own laptop

any recommendations for making the thing usable? can i put loonix on it?

Attached: mbp15touch-space-select-201807.jpg (892x820, 76K)

>any recommendations for making the thing usable?
You can start by learning how to fucking use a computer.

Install homebrew and get a minimalist anime wallpaper.

An external keyboard since the built-in one is unusable.

Attached: 1549196309740.jpg (2600x1733, 562K)

>can i put loonix on it?
No.

Attached: 1535714974921.png (1378x1591, 711K)

OP BTFO

Attached: 1522304129983.gif (498x278, 1.06M)

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1537058992498.gif (520x293, 2.52M)

>can i put loonix on it?
No.
There are no ways to make it usable, see above.

eat next to the keyboard, you'll fuck the keyboard in a few weeks, then ask the IT cuck to replace it
rinse and repeat until they switch to actual laptops

Based sonshi style, from the RMS himself.

Rocking an hhkb2 with my t420 and 2014 macbook pro.

This. Take it home for "work" and give the little bitch a good pounding to accelerate the keys falling off too since that usually takes 1-2 years to happen.

Attached: 1552450538333.png (791x1195, 542K)

Install Homebrew.
Install all subsequent '''''apps''''' via Homebrew.
Install iTerm.
Only use the terminal.
My werk makes me use one of these fucking faggot abominations too.

This, preferably toast. Eat directly over the keyboard.

>consuming bread

yikes

What the fuck kind of meme is this? Also
>that spacing

stop larping u poo faggot. holly shit, u dont even get free rice working for an indian data center much less a 3000$ laptop

Got one of these pieces of shit at my new job three months ago. I took it home and immediately wiped all dust off all surfaces in my home, and immediately rubbed it into the keyboard. I'm on my 3rd replacement now for a defective keyboard. I waited until the 2nd replacement to "innocently" complain to IT to give me a real laptop. Once this 4th one breaks I'm going to take it up with my manager. Best part is I can fuck around and blame my lack of productivity on having to constantly review and re-review my code because the keyboard skipped keystrokes and fucked my code. I've written like 5 days worth of code since I got here, literally being paid to bitch about Apple to IT.

Attached: 1530994261672.jpg (2600x1736, 754K)

>You gotta cut out the carbs man! I've just started this great new low carb diet that...

Learn to use it. It is your work computer, not your home rice cooker. Do not ever bring personal devices to work, it is them that should provide what you need to do your job.

Well he needs a computer to do his job, and his work clearly isn't providing one.

quit

holy shit

Attached: 1262129833069.jpg (1200x797, 99K)

Simple answer no (installing on the Mac, either whole or dual boot) if it is 2018 or 2019 model.
Could work if it is 2016/2017 model.

Could use a VM software on Mac to use Loonix (not sure if that will work properly though).

This.

Would you bring your own grille to your job as a burger flipper? Work computers are work computers. Just use what they provide.

Well if you get hired to flip burgers and your employer gives you an EZ-Bake Oven, yes, you would probably need to bring my own grill to do the job.

Use the EZ-Bake Oven, or find a new job. Never bring your own tools. Why should your employer make money on you using and wearing out tools you bought with your own money?

In this case, op is mostly being horribly autistic. Those computers are not comfortable, but they'll get the job done.

1) Checked!
2) Don't get caught. You probably will because higher failure rate will bring attention.

Nothing. Just learn to use it for your work. I hope you're not stupid enough to actually use it for normal use.

Well, I have doubts they will allow you to install Linux on it. Plus, it is not possible.
But you can always run it in VM.

At least you don't own this piece of shit. I'd definitely get a USB keyboard for this, because keyboard there is awful.

Nah, my coworker got a defective keyboard right out of the box and even warned me to tell IT if my machine gives me any problems. It's the main reason I immediately tried to kill it instead of waiting.

Do this

Attached: 1556686878870.webm (960x558, 1.97M)

Attached: 1538314426902.gif (720x404, 1.49M)

I was offered a macbook at my new job too, I said that I would rather have a Thinkpad instead. They agreed after I said I've tried it and feel less productive on MacOS (it's really true, multitasking is a pain in the ass, compared to KDE or some other DE)

Meanwhile everyone else is getting along fine, you will be fired soon lmao

i want to nakadashi belle-chan

BASED

Running on VM works fine with virtualbox and using either debian or ubuntu (as those have the best support for the guest additions, in my experience). I've been using xubuntu under vbox as my main OS when out of work and it's good enough for me.

This, too. The trackpad is actually quite decent still so you don't really need a mouse if you don't want to, but a good keyboard is a must, and makes the mac experience not too bad.