Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio
people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SOME

linux defaults to no audio.
like if you guys get it...

this

Attached: alsa pulse.png (716x750, 219K)

No, seriously check your /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
Go down to the bitrate and frequency, remove the semicolons and put 24 or 32 bits and 96khz. Reboot. Notice the fucking diffeence holy fucking shit.

No Pulseaudio defaults to 16/44 on Linux...and Mac...and Windows.
Use a straight ALSA pass through like a Chad or shut the fuck up!

But I need an equalizer and I can't find one for pure alsa. Also how do I set the bit depth and frequency on alsa?

>pulseaudio

how do i do this on Windows 10™?

>not using jack like a real chad.

Are you on pulseaudio on windows 10? Find the config file. If not, just look up your current output device, right click, properties and look for that shit there. Don't go beyond 96khz.

Settings
Sound
Click on Sound Control Panel on the upper right
Right click on yout device
Click on Advanced
Kill yourself

holy fucking placebo

BODY

>But I need an equalizer and I can't find one for pure alsa. Also how do I set the bit depth and frequency on alsa?
ALSA will output the bit rate/depth of the original file, no transcoding, no bullshit. For EQ you would have to output to an actual pre-amp or receiver.

So? It's a sensible default.

Also needs to be updated. Shitty default resample quality makes the audio quality sound like it was from the 20's radio.

> No such file or directory
My alsa.conf does use 192/24 though.

Attached: 2019-05-28-23:44:08-screenshot.png (614x69, 9K)

>linux
>audio

PNU/Linux is console OS like DOS, you don't need sound on console

>Follow seemingly helpful hacking guide.
>Create mustard gas.

what and W H Y should I change?
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio

post your ~/.config/pulse/daemon.conf

Attached: pulse.gif (500x303, 986K)

pulseaudio --dump-conf
>tells me what conf file it's reading from

Read the posst above.
>why
Higher quality. From a $2 realtek to $200 xonar, you should use your harware to the max.

so this is the power of linux. having to dig up some obscure text file to do even the most trivial things.

IDK man it's way easier this way, literally
sudo nano -w /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
Better than digging through windows's current flavor of the month edition of settings menu.

yep the whole reason i wont use linux is soundcard support
even tho my card is supported shit never works right

What's your SC?

sudo -e /etc/pulse/daemon.conf

Attached: 1511488704757.jpg (600x451, 25K)

My nigger here is legit.

Changing lives one shitpost at a time.

For real I thought it would delete my file system or some shit like it's sudo --erase

i went past 96khz and accidentally the whole thing, is this bad?

16-bit 44.1KHz is CD-quality audio.
48KHz is the standard for high-quality audio with video.
Either value is acceptable.

If you actually knew anything about audio, you'd realise that this is already effectively "perfect" audio, and that anything above that is literally pure placebo. In fact, going above that can actually hurt audio quality.
people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Attached: 1390443984160.png (600x541, 299K)

IS THERE ANY FUCKING LINUX PLAYER OR SETTING THAT ALLOWS ME TO PLAY DSD NATIVELY FFS?!!!!

Attached: 1445714529723.jpg (700x700, 63K)

>pulseaudio --dump-conf
I don't think I actually have it.

Attached: 2019-05-29-10:01:31-screenshot.png (322x95, 6K)

>post your ~/.config/pulse/daemon.conf
; exit-idle-time = -1
; default-fragments = 8
; default-fragment-size-msec = 2000

only three things I can remember changing.
>exit-idle-time
there used to be some noise every time pulse started to I just keep it on all the time, don't see a reason not to
>default-fragments
>default-fragment-size-msec
used to have some shit where pulse would start having small "skippy" audio when running for too long, or coming out of sleep. I think this fixed it, or maybe poettering fixed it, haven't tried defaults in a long time.

Absolute retard. Music is either 44.1 or 48khz, both of those are already perfect up to 20khz, which is limit of most audio devices and outside of your hearing range. Setting anything over that only makes sense with bitperfect, and its essentially audio autism, you gain nothing from it.

ONCE

Come on, if you wanted your computer to actually function as expected you should have gotten a Mac you normal faggot iToddler.

ok this is epic
look at this placebo basedboy retard

Attached: aq.png (1044x522, 744K)

OSS and Boomer basically just work
problem is, Boomer isn't quite OSS compatible so stuff like virtualbox can't properly route audio with it, and the only other thing here is pulseaudio and the native/legacy sound system

>16 bit
>44.1 Kc
sounds normal to me
>pulseaudio
>Windoiws
you wut

avoid-resample = true
You're welcome

>>pulseaudio
>>Windoiws
>you wut

>Microsoft Windows was previously supported via the MinGW toolchain (implementation of the GNU toolchain, which includes various tools such as GCC and binutils). The Windows port has not been updated since 2011, however

yeah i'm aware
i'm surprised *because* the pulse win32 stuff is for Windows 2000/XP, doesn't play well with the modern audio stack

>what is Nyquist rate and human hearing range

I get it. Linux is a kernel.

sudo touch /usr/bin/pulseaudio

1. it doesn't, if you're using pulseaudio it will adapt to the source you feed it
2. >implying you can hear hires audio

what did I expect from Jow Forums
why did I even reply
pearls before swine...

>you still have to edit some config file and reboot for shit to just work on Linux

HAHAHA

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

No, most at least decent level DACs can do 192KHz

Unless you're using stereo (nightmare for multichannel) with a pre/end AMP, you're going to use software volume control. Unless you have a decent sound card that changes volume in the opamps, you're going to use the DAC for volume control.
Running a 24-bit capable DAC in 16-bit mode is going to reduce the quality when lowering the volume, while running it in 24-bit mode while listening to 16-bit content, you can go as low as 1% volume control and not lose quality.

I imagine restarting pulseaudio would be good enough.

TOLD

i know default-sample-rate but whats the line for bitrate?

But I thought SALSA was embedded into the kernel.

or log out/in again.