/hpg/ headphone general poorfag dominion edition

request purchase advice:
>location
>budget
>on ear/over ear
>open/closed
>sound signature (if unsure, what kind of music do you like best?)
>previous equipment
>bluetooth

Attached: HD330.jpg (3008x2000, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0
i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc
i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

buy stax

>That dirty earpad
Eeew

Its black velour retard

That's not the problem moron

Thats just how it looks. The whole room look dusty and black velour really likes dust. Not really filthy looking.

Redpill on STAX for newbies: STAX is an old Jap company with outdated tech that was considered high end back in the 1960s and 1970s but sounds like ass by today's standards, so they went nearly bankrupt.

They were purchased by a Chinese company for just a million dollars who decided to market STAX to the audiophool "more expensive is better" demographic who buys those crappy $3000 vinyl players, they shill heavily on HeadFi and here on /hpg/. They also leveraged STAX's prior Japanese identity to market it to weebs, using Youtubers like Zeos.

>In December 2011, Chinese loudspeaker manufacturer Edifier announced the acquisition of 100% equity in Stax

Oratory has measured the highest end STAX, the SR-009S.

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0

It's worse than the HD600. HD600 scored 92 and SR-009S scored 76.

Recently Rtings rated STAX across various dimension, it's worse in terms of sound than mid-priced offerings from Hifiman and Audeze, and only got a 7.7 rating.

i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png

In a separate study:

>The very highest end STAX ($4000 SR-009) was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

Download the PDF of the study at: mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA

To add insult to overpriced injury, they have shitty plastic build quality that you would expect on cheap chinkshit headphones:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc

Oratory (respected sound engineer) on the build:

i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png

Even best Stax headphones sound objectively worse than mid-fi. This is why they don't demo them in store, they rely on the internet to create a sense of mystique around STAX and shill it as the endgame because its expensive, Asian, rare and obscure. In reality its no bass sounding garbage, Made in China snakeoil for the audiophool.

Attached: Stax vs Beats LMFAO.jpg (1876x1440, 403K)

Would it be a good idea to throw earpads into the washing mashing from time to time to wash them?

Unironically kill yourself. I'm sick of you shitposters fucking up my general. Jump on the fucking rails already.

>Washing mashing
Lul I'm dumb

Checked, it doesn't. My mobo is a Z97X-Gayman 5 (realtek ALC1150). No volume issues, they run about the same volume as my HD215's at the same pc settings. I also tested another PC with the same ALC1150 and got the same muffled sound. Guess this is a power problem? Anyone else have similar issues or did I get a fucked up headphone?

No it wouldn't. That will definitely destroy the padding and severely damage the velour. The proper way to care for them is to use a slightly damp toothbrush (soft bristles) with a drop of detergent (no softener). When it gets too bad to salvage replace the pads.

Never tried an ALC1150 but afaik the HD580 series is notoriously bassy. Try checking them out with an amp if you really want to.

>nostaxer spreading misinformation due to jealousy

>proper way to care for them is to use a slightly damp toothbrush (soft bristles) with a drop of detergent (no softener)
How do I get the detergent off without water? Or is water fine to just get the detergent off. Also, what would be a good alternative for velour?

Don't buy an amp. If they sound the same on both channels it's likely how they are meant to sound. EQ them.

Its a 58x. The only thing it has in common with the 500 series is the name.

He meant trying it out with a proper separate source to make sure the soundcard is not adding bass.

>If they sound the same on both channels it's likely how they are meant to sound
Not necessarily tho. The bass on my K712 sounds way better with an Atom than with the STX II's opamps.

Just boot into a liveusb?

That may or may not be possible, but just in case, buy stax.

this doesnt work, I tried with hd650 pads and it distorted them so much they didn't fit inside anymore

>Oratory
>HD600
>Hifiman
>Audeze
>Rtings
It's like this spammer is a stax shill struggling to prove than nostaxers are subhuman trash.

Attached: 02.gif (316x280, 1.17M)

You wait for it to dry slightly and then you brush them again outwards with only water. I also advise drying them quickly and brushing them while doing so to stop the hairs from sticking together.

Have Stax

DO NOT respond to spammers.

no. I mean gaming or talking (podcasts or youtube etc..)

I wanna buy stax L700 mk2

nostaxers are dumb.

Attached: my feet smell.jpg (1296x1812, 856K)

Need some earbuds for my phone for music. Location is US and budget is 30 dollars.

Why would you throw them in the washer where you know it will be tossed around by ravaging waves of water and harsh soap? Don't tell me you put them in the dryer too.

Does anyone here uses a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s as his media player? I just bought one to listen my music but couldn't find opinions from audiophiles about the sound quality of it.

>>/iemg/

meant for

sniff my feet

>Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s
It doesn't have an headphone jack moron thats why you couldn't get any opinions.

Post them first

disappointing. smells like IPS panels.

First for SUMMIT FI

Attached: CA019788-99A1-46C7-924A-6CA061F1A0C5.jpg (2719x2431, 1.6M)

>portable setup
>summit anything

The samefagging stax incel btfo

Based. This is the one that the stax shill hates the most because it's all sourced objective data, and they can't respond with reasonable arguments but only get angry at it for getting in the way of selling their snakeoil.

Samefagging stax shill on cue with the butthurt and damage control.

huh?

Attached: 9C125F7A-5DFE-497C-BC36-2B570563785A.jpg (3608x3001, 2.36M)

>Stax
>Summit anything

That guy is a shitposting spammer just like stax posters. Die in a fire.

Attached: Your-mom-will-die-in-her-sleep-if-you-dont-reply.png (690x634, 58K)

come again?

Attached: 406048A4-D64D-45B4-BBAF-58113B157789.jpg (4032x3024, 2.5M)

Still portable

yes

Attached: F9DB324E-1D51-43F9-9789-E0BEA4B1D879.jpg (3152x2653, 1.9M)

>Stax shill still editing HTML with code inspector

We already know your tricks. It's like you're running a fucking script.

What’s listening to this afternoon, user?

Attached: 5BAD4A25-F678-4EDB-9EAE-FA66D66CC136.jpg (4032x3024, 2.11M)

buy stax

I have no words. You would rather believe that I did HTML editing to shill a brand I don't like rather than assume that was simply a different person? Get help seriously.
I stand behind what I said nostaxer is still a spammer.

Me? Stax, of course.

Attached: 67E98E34-720B-4B5C-A4C5-F19CCF57723D.jpg (3966x2970, 2.17M)

Thanks, guess I'll hit up bestbuy tomorrow because they have the only non-jew return policies on dac/amps in my area (canuck) and just grab a fiio or something to see if it's a power issue. I'm positive it isn't a bass problem because even the bass is muffled. If that doesn't solve it I'll probably have to get jewed by shipping to send them back to massdrop.

I think I'll just get leather earpads. Or whatever the K401 earpads are made of.

Reminder the nostax incel is solely responsible for shitting up /hpg/.

Attached: shitpost_faggot.png (1794x885, 420K)

/hpg/ help me. WHAT IS THE BEST CLOSED BACK HEADPHONE IN TERMS OF BUILD QUALITY? IDC ABOUT SOUND.

I HAVE TINNITUS

>Literally 2 minutes after "buy Stax"
lmfao

You didn't even change the cropping style. You're the worst Stax shill ever. Instead of being subtle you now have non-stop resistance and a copy pasta that will be continually be posted, completely and objectively invalidating your marketing narrative.

Neumann NDH 20?

That guy fucked off. It got too shitty even for him.

Mate, 90% they're fine and you just need to get used to them or EQ them. I've heard them and while they're not bright, it's not of the sort you return them for. Get stax if you have actual expectations.

You are absolutely fucking insane holy shit

Buy Stax.

It sure got all summer in here,

>t. nostax incel desperately damage controlling

I don't know about the best but the DT770 are breddy good and reasonably priced.

what does that even have to do with stax ? are you ?
Blow off some steam or jack off idk because you're fucking rabid

What do you expect from the samefagging nostax incel. He is behind 90% of the stax shitposting in /hpg/

don't reply to me faggot.

>tfw soon /hpg/ will just be that one full time Stax marketinf chink pretending to be different people and praising Stax to himself

Attached: bobi.jpg (1002x1024, 102K)

Buy Stax

Need a good pair of closed backs. I want good bass but also good midrange resolution. I don't like treble so nothing too bright up top.

>samefagging nostax incel desperately trying to save face after getting outed as being behind 90% of the shitposting on /hpg/

There's always ATH-M50x

>chink stax shill get blowback from the regular for constantly spamming his stax marketing shit when no one wants it
>everyone tells him to GTFO
>b.b.b.but its all one person
>b.b.b.but I outed someone or smth
>b.b.b.but stop making fun of my precious little incel headphone, I need to sell this shit for my kid to eat rice this week

KYS

Attached: stax incel 9.jpg (1080x1080, 86K)

Heard them and they suck. Anything better?

Just stop replying holy shit

buy stax

>samefagging chinkfiman nostax incel still desperately still trying to damage control
It's not working chang

Attached: smugkyouko04.jpg (320x343, 74K)

This kills the stax incel

Attached: MMA BTFO.webm (1280x720, 2.45M)

thank you

I was considering getting stax srs-3100 system for ~$700. I figured the entry level would be better than the mid level of other companies. Thanks to this post I now know stax is bullshit

>dap > chord mojo > stax amp > stax iems
Is it even possible to shove all of them in your pocket?

Attached: 1536595880990.png (766x1000, 240K)

based

>And then I posted another anime waifu pic and told them "samefagging chinkfiman nostax incel still desperately still trying to damage control "
>d.d.did I do good boss? Please don't fire me. I'm trying.

Attached: Stax incel lmfao.jpg (800x535, 49K)

where should I buy stax from canada? also what driver do you guys recommend these days? I'm willing to spend around $1000 usd on the driver

Holy shit the samefagging nostax incel is so mad he's samefagging from multiple devices, omegakek

Attached: smugsatania2.jpg (257x320, 29K)

it's all so tiresome

Stop talking to yourself Stax incel. No one is buying Stax. Your company sells under 200 units a year and will soon go bankrupt again and be sold to an even more discount Chinese headphone maker.

Attached: Stax Incel 3.jpg (1536x2048, 254K)

No difference between 252S and 717 driving 007 at 105 dB, so no issue getting 252s.

The irony.

Stop samefagging

inb4 another code inspector screenshot with the same shitty cropping.

don't worry the seething samefagging 500lb nostax yottacel will eventually get a heart attack and die and /hpg/ will return to its glory days

353x is probably the best right now

fucking based, and quick rundown pilled

maybe with cargo pockets..the amp get very hot though

Attached: B3382557-25E2-4E08-A535-0589277BFC6C.jpg (4032x3024, 2.06M)

nice stax

>return to its glory days
It’s /esg/ days?!

the /esg/ days were great I agree