FEDORA YES!!!

>update yesterday
180 MiB Noto fonts
>update today
194 MiB Noto fonts

FUCKING COOL!! I'M SO GLAD I HAVE THE 2 GLYPHS ADDED SINCE YESTERDAY! HOW THE FUCK DOES ANYONE MANAGE WITHOUT THOSE 2 AMAZING GLYPHS???? BLEEDING EDGE IS FUCKING GREAT FAGGOTS STAY ON DEBIAN!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-28_16-33-41.png (733x419, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_fonts#Version_2.00.0_or_above
ibm.com/plex/
ibm.com/plex/specs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What packages depend on those fonts?

user... You don't have to update everyday...

I don't know they just came with the Xfce release I think. I just deleted them entirely because I don't visit Coptic or Thai web sites. I've had Fedora for 2 weeks and every single day is like this. It is the least sane distro I've ever used.

Yes, the Noto font collection is huge. Includes a lot of Mongolian characters too.

>Wahhh wahhh WAAAAH
dnf upgrade --security
dnf upgrade-minimal
read your tools manual subhuman

what for? He's got you, fag.

>what for
read the manual retard
not your tech support, get your blogpost somewhere else summerfaggot

imagine having Noto bloat installed on your system

>every day 200MB updates
Don't exaggerate. Updates can become big (especially if you wait a week or more between them), but hundreds of MB aren't the norm.
Plus you can tell dnf to only look for certain updates (e.g. only important security patches). Never did it myself, but that should be able to cut down the amount of updates considerably.

>read the manual
I'm a new Linux user. I was told it was the year of the Linux desktop so I wanted to get ahead of the curve. It seems I fell for a meme, this desktop isn't user friendly at all.

maybe if you weren't a retard none of this would be a problem, including being a new user
only a fucking idiot disregards the manual and starts crying when he doesn't know how to fucking use a computer and doesn't know anything at all in general

Just use Ubuntu. You're obviously not in a position where you need the RH tools.

>wow I'm superpissed I'm a newfag nigger so much I NEED to make a thread about it and bitch for help
kys, use a search engine faggot. the point is in linux you choose the upgrades, you literally can download the piece of upgrade you want and install it manually without dependencies. in windows you'd be just forced to upgrade, just upgrade every few months for security upgrades like a normal person and fuck off

repoquery --requires --resolve google-noto-cjk-fonts-common

You are a beta tester for Red Hat, what the fuck do you expect?
Just install Ubuntu LTS.

Noto fonts are nice but I don't want to use them since they're made by Google. What's a good set of fonts as an alternative to get as much Unicode support as possible?

>YES GOY INSTALL UBUNTU
>How would you know what to buy if it weren't for terminal ads?

they're under a libre license.

Oh, fuck off. If you were a legitimate new user you wouldn't use a spin. You'd use the default GNOME version and fall for the travesty that is GNOME Software.
Also we all know that only shitposters keep on shouting that it's the year of the Linux desktop. Nobody with half a brain believes them or even switches to Linux because of it.

special: the snowflake

Didn't fedora have some delta update mechanism

you have to not clean the old packages, so it makes the new one with diff

I got some (You)s out of it.
Liberation 2 fonts are based on the ChromeOS fonts which were based on the original Liberation fonts.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_fonts#Version_2.00.0_or_above
There's also the SIL fonts like Sophia (Helvetica clone) and Charis (Charter clone). I'm not a fan of Helvetica but Charis/Charter is an excellent serif font. The new IBM Plex family is very cool and I believe the coverage is pretty good, but I could be mistaken.
>ibm.com/plex/

It would seem to cover quite a lot of glyphs.
>ibm.com/plex/specs/

kek they are 2338536 KiB on Gentoo does Gentoo compile fonts from source or what the fuck is going on?

i thought dnf and delta rpms were supposed to fix things but rpm and packagekit are more bloated than ever, updates are always huge and slow

Learn how to use delta rpms and those font updates would likely be tiny.

Actually if those are from google repositories, they usually don't provide delta rpms. I also checked and it looks like deltarpm being on is the default. Sorry about that.

imagine making a whole thread just because you're butthurt about 200MB.