Who /trackball/ here?

Started using an MX Ergo about a month ago
Really like it

Would like to try a finger-ball sometime, anyone have experience with those?

Attached: ergo.jpg (1280x640, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00BIFNTMC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_S4F7Cb6NFP4PN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i rarely use mine, and when i do my wrist does feel comfy

Guess there aren't many trackballers on Jow Forums

i have the kensington orbit but I don't use it because it doesn't have mouse4/5 buttons

Attached: file.png (680x449, 118K)

I use a MX570 with my laptop.

i have one of these.
the ball is massive and hefty so you can throw it between monitors really quick.
it suck for games, but it's great for everything else.
i wish it had a platform to tilt it to get a more ergonomical angle, but that's my only gripe.
works great with linux after you map the key the way you want with xmodmap.

Attached: trackball.jpg (300x300, 8K)

That's a shame
How's the scroll ring?

is it good for gaming?

Aye, I use this thing. I get RSI mad easy nowadays. Almost got the hang of it in first-person vidya as well. MY FUCKING RIGHT WRIST IS FLARING UP RN ACTUALLY ASS IM TYPING THIS

Attached: IMG_20190307_154010.jpg (2976x3968, 3.01M)

>
>That's a shame
>How's the scroll ring?
Awesome, have one for almost a decade now

> he actually came on it.
You're a fucking sub-human user.

Nice - tempted to get one myself (probably the Expert or Slimblade) just to experience the sensation of scrolling.

I havent tried a trackball but ive been using a vertical mouse and I love it.

Is a trackball better, worse, comparable? I am even using this cheap wireless vert mouse for games.

A thumb-ball works very well for games in the first and third person perspective. It works almost exactly like a thumbstick except more precise. They don't work very well for games with a lot of menus but you could get by if you used hotkeys instead.

>It works almost exactly like a thumbstick
But thumbsticks are shit for first person games.

Whats a mouse with track ball AND regular tracking??

A gimmick.

I started with a Logitech Trackman but recently upgraded to one of these, I used them for Photoshop, Illustrator, and 3D modeling in blender, easily 100x better than a track pad and can easily be used on the couch.

I want both tho; regular track when I dont feel like it, and balling track when I do.

Stick w vert. Excessive ball use can lead to de quervains

I can't explain it a different way, it works like you're using a thumbstick but a very precise one. As you get used to using a ball mouse you get more accurate.

With a regular mouse you're pointing at where you want the cursor to go with a trackball you're moving the cursor where you want to go. A mouse is faster for quick movements but not quite as accurate in theory. A trackball can be moved in very precise ways but it tends to require more effort.

I dont know what that is without searching but I suppose it does look sort of strenuous. I might try a wired vert mouse just for something different. Although for the 7 dollars I paid this wireless mouse is absolutely fantastic.

>I can't explain it a different way, it works like you're using a thumbstick

That just means it's shitty garbage-trash.
The precision of the thumbstick is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is you're swinging a stick from 100 to -100 along a given axis instead of moving the camera directly.
Compare any game footage of a console port to PC gameplay, the console player always moves lie he's trying to push a wet noodle from behind.

Been using a Kensington Orbit Optical for over a decade. The only thing I don't like about it is that there is no way to use it for page scrolling.

Attached: Orbit.jpg (551x674, 44K)

Used a thumb ball for a few months but my thumb started to twitch so I replaced it with a more conventional trackball.

You do realize you can have two pointing devices plugged in, right? Why go for some godawful hybrid thing when you can have both a good trackball and a good mouse?

Vert is perfect ergonomics. The radius and ulna can lie parallel and not cross when your hand is in a vertical position. You've offloaded pressure on your carpal tunnel.

Spend that $7 on a pizza or some shit not another mouse

Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse amazon.com/dp/B00BIFNTMC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_S4F7Cb6NFP4PN

This is the shape of my mouse although it is no anker. This Is good?