X570 motherboards will be expensive

EU prices for some X570 motherboards have been released and X570 looks to be pricey. Conversion from EUR to USD, not 100% accurate perhaps due to VAT and other factors but a good indication that X570 will be far more expensive than previous X370/X470 boards.

Straight conversion from EUR to USD via XE.com:

>MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus = 219 EUR ($245 USD)
>MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi = 239 EUR ($267 USD)
>MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi = 299 EUR ($334 USD)
>MSI MEG X570 Ace = 429 EUR ($479 USD)
>Gigabyte AORUS Extreme = 500 EUR ($558 USD)
>MSI Prestige X570 Creation = 539 EUR ($602 USD)
>MSI MEG X570 Godlike = 777 EUR ($878 USD)

Also all X570 will now include a small fan on the motherboard, due to PCIe4 power requirements.

Thoughts?

Attached: x570.png (620x322, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qn3rd6N9vGM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Thoughts?

What about ASUS? MSI can go and suck a dick.

Haven't found prices for ASUS yet.

and the cheapest itx one is? or no info yet?
help a brother out

Fuck gigabyte, msi and asus altogether. I still remember the bootloops from the formers and the asus with the linux problems.
... yeah yeah, that was a shitload years ago, but I've had an asrock since 2014 with zero problems.
they are going to cash out on ryzen's success.
I'd rather buy a biostar, which was the only company who went all in with their amd motherboards.

As far as I can tell these are the only known prices so far.

But all x570 boards will be fairly expensive.

There is speculation that PCB requirements are much higher and sever grade quality is needed. I'm sure there is a healthy markup as well.

Either way X570 will be very expensive.

No reliable information if you can really get away with 370/470 boards for overclocking, especially on 3900X, maybe you can. But we won't know until after benchmarks/release.

It's the more expensive chipset, thick VRMs and PCIe 4.0.
I still wouldn't pay more than 220-240€ for a board when the CPU is about 400€ (3800x). I wouldn't wanna pay for a huge power delivery for 16cores just to run 8c either.
B550+3700x should be incredible though - we'll see.

So what B450 or X470 board do I buy then for a 3600X? I'm really not looking to spend fucking $250+.

>speculation that PCB requirements
that's the new pcie standard, as the higher speeds come with even more constraints on the layout of the buses.
>thick VRMs
that's not true. the power delivery for those 105 Watt TDP CPUs can be the same from the x470 motherboards.

my concern is that many of those "top notch" cpus won't be able to drive my xeon phi with its 8GB BAR.

>B550+3700x
u could run that on a b450 without probs if u dont need the features of x570 and possibliy with less mem oc capabilities

>Thoughts?
looks expensive and older board+new cpu will be a dank budget compromise

b450 tomahawk + bios update

those are not gonna stretch the vrms of the motherboard.
get some x470 at ~$150 or 20-30 less, as you can find plenty, keep it round to 6phase vrm and check the compatibility with the new cpus, plus if it can drive the new pci-e at least on the top one pcie x16.

Sad that those board cooling fans are back, i was hoping to never see them again

Why the fuck is Asus being so secretive about their pricing? Just give it to me straight you whores. I currently have an Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 board. It's power phases are more than enough to handle the R9-3900X, but I still want X570. Newer standards and all that.

gigabyte has a mb with passive cooling , the most expensive one has it . but i think everyone will adopt a system where the fan doesn t spin unless you are in raid 0 .

honestly user I highly doubt the fan is going to spinning often. Not only that, but if you have any sort of even mediocre case air flow, it'll cool it even further.

Wait until Intel puts them on for PCIe 5. With even bigger power requirements. And needing to add high-end pcie retimers and signal amplifiers.

800 dollars. Ready to drop in a 125w TDP 16 core 32 thread monster hitting 5 Ghz all cores.

Satisfied?

honestly that sort of pricing wouldn't surprise me. idk. Might just flash the BIOS on my X370 and drop the 3900X in and wait for a price drop. I get buying new tech, but if $800 is anywhere near realistic for their higher end board, they're nuts.

PCIe4/5 isn't going to be cheap.

just looked around a bit and here's one of Asus's Boards. Turns out Asus is bringing their WS line of motherboards to AMD. Fuck yea. Even though this is one of the motherboards towards the bottom of Asus's line up, I kind of want it just for how plain it is.

Attached: pro-ws-2d.jpg (696x841, 161K)

Looks good unlike those ugly gay fuck faceplate RGB muh gaymer bullshit

I've always loved Asus's WS line. Their workstation boards are no bullshit and from what I hear, usually very stable and reliable. From what I was reading, the WS will also support ECC officially. So If you want to build a Ryzen based server with true ECC support, here you go.

EU has like 25% VAT tax but it's still cheaper than intel platform

Attached: 1558117483367.gif (352x240, 613K)

why U.2 instead of 4-8 more sata ports? What can I connect to the U.2 port?

mu2dot ssd

The prices are pulled from a german source, we are not 100% if it includes VAT but it has been mentioned. Anyways the VAT would be 19%, plus stuff is a bit more expensive.

If we are lucky the prices would be 25% cheaper in US. But even with that, it is still very expensive. X570 will be expensive motherboards.

>MSI MEG X570 Godlike
> 800 euros without vat
> 4 memory slots

high end got very high end, same tier boards as from prev gen cost the same

>Conversion from EUR to USD, not 100% accurate
Of course. Something that costs like $70 usually ends up like 100 EUR.

This is a direct result of of AM4 being a long-lasting sockets. If the board makers get to sell less boards, they need to make them more expensive to make do.

That is fucking pants on head retarded logic. From being able to buy core components at larger quantities, from not having to retool assembly lines also being able to crank out boards at over quantity knowing that they will be able to sell 3+ years down the line as new old stock at the near the same price as launch.

If it does not implement Ryzen Pro support properly, it still belongs to the .

Speculation by buildzoid, most b450/x470 are good, some x370 are also good for Ryzen 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qn3rd6N9vGM

So if you don't care about PCIe 4, might be able to get away with a cheaper older board in some cases. Most 6/12 stuff should run well on everything, including b350s.

the thing is, youll get pcie 4.0 even on older boards. mainly only on the top slot tho. but still.

>he thing is, youll get pcie 4.0 even on older boards
only if the manufacturers don't go full jew, which I heavily doubt they won't

Aren't US price usually lower (or at worst equal) than EU prices?
t. Frog

>Aren't US price usually lower (or at worst equal) than EU prices?
Not for healthcare

Attached: Smile.jpg (600x600, 94K)

Asus is always more expensive. I'm worried they're becoming the Apple of motherboards. Less innovation and quality, more riding on brand name.

Uneducated here, no idea about motherboard/cpu combos but if one of the only major benefits of these new motherboards is the PCIe 4 capability (which is only relevant to SSDs for the time being from what I'm reading), is there much of a point in getting one? Getting a 3900X and the Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe but need a new motherboard and there's no practical use for PCIe 4 speeds right? Seems like the speeds would only count in heavy workloads, or am I missing something?

AMD isn't playing the "budget" option anymore. They're going to up prices because they're in the lead. We had our chance.

>amd makes the motherboards
what did he mean by this?

>US import tarrifs have knock on effect
>Decent VRM's and power features are more expensive to produce and they have more phases than previous boards.
Of course they were going to be more expensive.

burgers btfo

Depends if you want to OC a new 3000 series ryzen. We don't know if the board matters.

I'm to wait a few weeks after Ryzen 3000 comes out until people have figured out what the best combinations are and if any issues arise.

This is what you "too good to be true" fags deserve, overly expensive CPUs and ripoff motherboards.

Personally I'm just going to checkout off this hobby.

There isn't a huge reason for most people to buy these boards. I would bet that 80-90% of people will be just fine on B450, X470, or even one of the older boards. X570's selling point is mostly the PCIE 4.0 which isn't useful for most people. Even when talking about NVMe the throughput isn't useful for people who are just gaming. That's why they figure they can get away with making the X570 boards start at $200+ and top out at over $1000. These are not boards geared towards gamers.

If you have a lower end $120 B450 board with like 6 CPU VRM phases you will be just fine with a 3800X with a fair amount of overclocking. If you plan on getting a 3900X it's questionable. For one I have doubts about the 3900X's performance in gaming because of latency between chiplets. I wouldn't be surprised if it had a "gaming mode" which turned off a chiplet. If you do rendering then yes you're probably going to want to spend the money on X570.

Honestly they all look way overbuilt.
These thing look designed to push 200A through the CPU, which should be totally unnecessary.
Unless they know something we don't.

ES 16c overclock 1.35V @4.5ghz all cores. 4.8ghz possible.

Attached: ES1000000010.jpg (980x1128, 275K)

Yeah, but I'd bet you cooling becomes an issue way before that happens.
We'll see, I guess.
Can't wait for retards blowing up their b350 with this shit.

500 quid for the cpu and it sounds like 250 at least for a decent board. getting jewed by amd wasn't part of the plan. i have 2700x already but wan't more gaming perf. will see if the 9700k gets dropped to something more reasonable before deciding what to buy.

>will see if the 9700k gets dropped to something more reasonable before deciding what to buy.
> Intel
> price drops

Attached: bender you're serious let me laugh even harder.jpg (479x361, 55K)

Don't the VRMs induce throttling when they overheat? More likely scenario: people won't be achieving decent overclocks with the 12C or 16C and they'll blame the CPU.

As a rule, Intel doesn't drop prices on current or past gen CPUs. Best case scenario is their next gen will have lower prices than expected.

Why all of them only got 4 sata ports?

well yeah, most x570s are being designed with the 16c in mind, if you're buying anything below the 3800x you should probably just stick to x470, given that the TDP of those parts is actually lower than the current gen chips

i've seen intel cpus get price reductions before, whether that was intel or the retailer i don't know. sticking to x470 isn't appealing because i'm retarded and usually rip out the cpu when removing a large hsf. fucking pga.

MSI sucks. Asus x570 avg ~8x sata and 3x m2

There's like one or two X570 models so far that don't have a fan. Also it's likely that B550 chipsets won't develop as much heat. Also you can just use a X470 board unless you're crazy for PCIe 4.0 or moar laens. Maybe Ryzen 3000 overclocking will be more limited on X470 but the future will show.

Sauce?

From 300 to 400 the automatic boost features were limited, but not the manual overclocking

Gonna get x470 mobo.

I don't play games except TF2 and minecraft so I dont need pcie4.

It's basically a hedt board. Those extra vrm aren't free.

wasnt it 4.1ghz @ 1.35v and 4.25ghz @ 1.52v?

>not going budget
>still literally half the price of their competitor for similar/superior performance

Which x470 board has quality VRMs for the upcoming 8c zen2 chips?

Attached: 7n48gewun0p21.png (1069x1833, 212K)

>AMD isn't playing the "budget" option anymore
>faster 12c CPU than their competitor for literally less than half the price

>For one I have doubts about the 3900X's performance in gaming because of latency between chiplets.
I'm personally wondering if AMD has worked with Microsoft to get the scheduler to be CCX aware and place related threads on next to each other.

This. All I wanted a year ago was a fairly priced quadcore processor. My expectations were freakin low. But fuckers stil managed to piss me off by asking for almost or more than 200 EUR for a 2-3 year old quadcore. F* em! I had to wait more than a year to get a second hand i5-6600 for it's worth on ebay, but at least I didn't hand it to them.

>250-800$ motherboards
>muh gen 4 pci-e
>runs hotter, shitty loud fans and draws more power
>completely useless tech for the average consumer

Nice... This is exactly the innovation we needed.

Will there be B550 boards?

4.25ghz @ 1.5v A0 Silicon. December 2018 sample.

Not surprised in the slightest. I was expecting most of these to fall in the 500€ region give or take 50€.
Mainly because these boards really look like they'd fit in the Threadripper lineup.
TR had problems with some boards not delivering enough juice to the CPU and failing due to the heat when overclocking.
Looks like the manufacturers don't want to encounter problems like that again with the Ryzens and decided to go all out with the hardware.
Also we don't even know if there's something more powerful coming to the Ryzen lineup than 3900x and we have no idea how much power they draw under OC. These beefy boards might damn well be a requirement to getting these reasonably past the boost clocks.

For those silly prices they should have put some minor effort in a heatsink so we don't need that crappy fan that is going to die in a year. 11watt should be super easy to cool with a cheap heatsink, yet they rather use plastic and a tiny fan...

>X570 will now include a small fan on the motherboard
what a bunch of horseshit

been under a rock for the past few days?

he is right regardless, adding the fan is bullshit. 11watt can easily be done with a cheap heatsink. But no, they rather add a horrible fan and a bunch of useless plastic "because it looks better"

Remember that the aorus x570 Extreme doesn't have a fan and uses a fin heatsink to cool the chipset. It'll be 500€ but compared to other super high end boards it's easily the best. Crosshair VIII formula is a bit of a let down because its integrated waterblock doesn't cover the chipset. The best contender to the gigabyte board is asrock aqua but that is going to be 1000€.

>having an opinion on a motherboard with looking at the PCB and doing a basic circuit analysis

Back to your containment board

PCIe x4.0 will be available down to X370.

>MSI MEG X570 Godlike = 777 EUR

MSI was the only company at Computex that didn't want to reveal prices. Now we know why.

Hoooleeeee sheeeeeeet. What are you niggers smoking?

I don't need circuit analysis to tell if a board does or does not have a fan cooling the chipset. It still looks like the best board for its price.

So the high prices are likely a combination of different factors. Tarrifs on China might be in play, cost of chipset, 40 pcie 4 lanes, standard gouging etc. I also think that these boards are meant to handle the rumored 16 core monster. I just don't see why we'd get HEDT quality boards with these crazy VRMs if we weren't getting CPUs that required them.

Just don't buy the expensive shit if you don't need it, I'm sure any lower end x570 and higher end B550 will deal with 8-12 cores OCed just fine.

So i guess anything from the top tier row would be good enough for zen2 8core cpu?

If i don't plan to overclock a 3700x should I just buy a B450 and X470 instead?

Attached: Screenshot_20190525-220549_mpv.jpg (2560x1440, 679K)

This is straight from the movie Idiocracy.

You should kill yourself anime watching lincuck

asrock b450 pro will easily handle the 8 core zen 2 parts, don't waste your money on the x570 jew shit unless you're going for the 12 core

If the board allows PCIe 4.0 via an update sure.

>tfw 3600 should run nicely on my b450 tomahawk
feels good bros

The 2700x is 105W

The 3700x is 65W

So yes, a good b450 will easily handle the 3700x. These x570 boards are a tax on stupid people AMD trying to make a quick buck by only releasing the expensive mobos

If AMD wanted a quick buck they wouldn't allow backcompat, and if anyone's trying to make a quick buck it's the mobo manufacturers, they made a lot off of Intel always going for a new chipset a day.

>PCIe 4.0

Worthless feature

t. Gaymercuck

I really doubt I'll even use the PCIe4.0. I dont even plan to use the nvme ssd. I'm not even sure what's the point of pcie4.0 beside the ssd.

Attached: blob.jpg (982x1196, 720K)

>muh extremely niche feature that only 0.5% of people will actually take advantage of

This is why the entire x570 lineup is retarded and a complete waste of money. For literally 99% of people a b450 with good VRM is all they need.

>linux problems
Can you please elaborate? I wanna build a new computer within this year and wanted to go to linux instead of windows 10 and this is probably something I need to know? I got asus in the past but yeah any elaboration greatly appreciated.

time to flip x470 boards lmao

consumer PCs are hitting peak retard