Come home from programming job mentally exhausted

>come home from programming job mentally exhausted
>want to work on fun personal projects at home but have no energy
>literally have to take a vacation from work programming for recreational programming to not completely lose interest in the field

it's all so tiresome. i just want to write a damn ARM (dis)assembler

Attached: eda hvat.jpg (734x729, 91K)

>finish tasks early at the job
>work on personal project WHILE on the job

easy

we work in a semi-open office "scrum space" so i have my autistic brown-nosing co-workers watching everything i do. unfortunately not an option

You poor bastard.

>change companies
>choose company that lets you work at home
>find a remote job
>...

ah yes, the old "change companies/just get another job, bro" meme strikes again

you can't just up and move jobs willy nilly like faggots on ribbit like to imply. people have mortgages or leases and sign-on bonuses golden handcuffing them to their current position for n many years.

same here, currently targeting $300k savings then keep job only for survival and trade time for moneys, halfway there

Take adderall so you're not mentally tired after work

Wake up early and go to the gym before work every day. Your energy level will skyrocket with regular exercise. Also eat healthier when you can.

That’s a good way for your shitty company to own the code for your personal project dumbfuck

>telling them that you worked on it at work

committing crimes. cool.

>living a shit life in a desperate attempt to follow stupid laws that shouldn't exist

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

I work on a soul-crushing scrum team too, so I get around this by doing all my personal fun stuff in vim so it looks more official
My teammates look at it and assume im on one of our servers debugging a properties file or something

stop right there, outlaw nigger. im the sheriff 'round these parts.

Attached: cowboy.jpg (1148x746, 147K)

>you can't just up and move jobs willy nilly
I do that.
>people have mortgages or leases
Well obviously don't buy property and tie yourself down like that if you don't intend to stay in the area for very long. I usually just get places with 6-month leases and switch jobs after a year or a year and a half. Most people generally go at least a little longer than that though.
>sign-on bonuses
Again, this is not a thing you agree to if you aren't sure you want to stay there for a while.

Maybe you're just gay. I released 3 projects this year and have made some major breakthroughs at my research job, plus have made tons of open source contributions and programmed my own music.

>pretend to do work stuff.
>Actually work on personal project.

Attached: 1551013661798.jpg (640x640, 63K)

Maybe YOU can't, I have no problem doing this. My resume is littered with 1-2 year gigs and I'll have enough to retire soon so I must be doing something right.

no, you're just a sad goy who got their mind brainwashed by the government

Sounds like you might be heading for burnout. I am currently on health insurance NEET bucks for burnout. Your situation sounds similar to mine. Make sure it doesn't happen to you. Take time off and see an occupational burnout therapist.

>come home from work
>relax for 15-30 minutes
>workout
>you now have the energy to work on your personal projects

Isn't that how ID Software made Commander Keen?

Attached: Terrypizza.jpg (717x719, 89K)

how will OP be able to do exercise if he arrives exhausted? Doesn't that waste energy?

>believeing in the burnout meme
It's called being a pussy

It works for mental exhaustion, but not physical exhaustion.

>not channeling your frustration with your boss and pajeet coworker into gainz

No, eat right and lift weights u sad loser

>come home
>take stims
>code

Why are you trying to do the same thing you do at work when you're not working? Its very one dimensional of you, non-computer hobbies.

Don’t let them see your commit history

Attached: abigail.jpg (356x436, 17K)