100 months old

>100 months old

Has there ever been a processor this viable for this long? I paid $276.99 for this nearly eight years ago and it still runs decent.

Attached: i7-2600k.jpg (425x535, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2500K-vs-AMD-FX-8350/619vs1489
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

With all the patches applied it should show it's age. Buying Ryzen now should have an even greater lifetime

>Installing crippling patches
Ya no bro, I haven't had an issue in 8 years, it won't suddenly be an issue.
>Ryzen
That's the same argument fags made about bulldozer. About how programs would be optimised for 8 cores ex ex. Yet FX is even worse in 2019 than at launch.
Sure Zen is better by miles, but the same arguments worry me.

It's ok my Semitic brother, you can go quietly into the night now

>75+ high risk security exploits
>Viable

>it won't suddenly be an issue
>initially discovered over the past year

Attached: images.jpg (293x172, 16K)

I can't hear you over my 2600k at 5.1ghz 1.55v.
So glad I didn't fall for the FX meme.

These exploits have been around for years and years
Yet there is not a single real world example of someone actually using them.
My Corolla is vulnerable to RPG and small arms fire, that doesn't mean I'm going to armor plate my Corolla.

In this case it costs literally $0 to armor your Corolla.

What I always wondered is why Intel stopped soldering the heat spreader onto the die after Sandy Bridge. No one talked about delidding Sandy Bridge i5/i7s, it was only in Ivy Bridge that delidding became a necessity.

It costs you speed, which is what he doesn't want to lose.

It costs 1000lbs and a reduction of 40% fuel economy for no benefit
Those Intel exploits are only an issue for data centers ex and not normal users.
Prove me wrong,
pro tip
You can't

FX is still pretty damn decent, sure better than 4c4t i5s at the time and especially now.

I'm honestly surprised by how long I've been able to use mine. I came from G0 Q6600 and thought the 4 years I used that was long, but holy shit I never thought I would be using this OC 2600k build for 8+ years. I just upgraded to a used 1070 and I honestly see no need to bother with any further upgrades for a while (I game at 1440p).

Not sure about programs, but with next gen consoles using Zen 2, you can bet your ass devs will start utilizing the extra cores.

Fx is better than sandy fag.

I got a budget AMD processor precisely eight years ago. Worked fine then, works fine now. Not spectacular, but runs what I ask it to, provided the graphics are on low. Okay by me, I like older games anyway.

I think that generation was generally fairly durable.

I run an i5 750 which bottlenecks my card.
Got the rig for cheap second hand.
I don't want to go big, so should I just get an i7 of the same generation or should I replace motherboard and CPU?

replace mobo and cpu you cheap jew bastard. its about time anyways

core 2 is still usable

i too like to boot my pc and have it get to windows by tomorrow

Ryzen 5 3600 when it comes out, the $199 one

>i too like to boot my pc and have it get to windows by tomorrow
Sounds like someone has never touched a core 2 system
With Windows 10 and an SSD, a core 2 quad or even core 2 duo is still plenty usable for your standard computer tasks

Lmfao

no.

imagine actually believing this. fx also overclocks like shit and is hot and power hungry.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2500K-vs-AMD-FX-8350/619vs1489

wtf i love intel now

Those who prefer speed over security deserves neither
- Bill Gates

>i7-2600k
>Not W3680

$300 for that PoS?!?!

I paid half for my AMD.

Keep throwing your money away to shitty companies that want to rip you off blind , charge you double, for the same performance compared to its competition.

Stupid consumers like you are why we have billion dollar CEO's, instead of stellar affordable products.

Attached: amd.png (1070x385, 123K)

>viable
So long as you're not a gamer manchild, you could make due with a fucking pentium 4 or even a pentium m running present day linux if you're masochistic enough.
Disable javascript in your browser and you could go even further back.
I'm sure there's a hard limit to where you wouldn't be able to post here even if you used a pass and w3m, but it's certainly not any CPU made in the last 20 years.

You don't have to sacrifice either with AMD.

>That biased ass cpubenchmark site
How can the 2500K be 29% better when it gets it's ass whooped on multicore?

Attached: 4.5GHz 1866 bench.png (418x720, 50K)

This is the 8350 at stock and it beats a 2600K on multicore, this is a $195 chip in 2012 people, very underrated.

Attached: R15.png (394x722, 60K)

That's a hard no.
FX is even further behind any 4c Intel chip since Sandy.

>He thinks R15 is useful.
Meanwhile, in real world tests, the 2600k stomps on FX.
RyZen exists, you don't have to defend your FX purchase.
Just admit it, you purchased a shit CPU.
Move on, and have sex.

Eh, I think it's alright.

Attached: windows xp x79.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

>RyZen exists
It does, but my 8350 slightly outperforms a 2200G on multicore, I am definetly getting that 65w 8 core part that btfo intel, were getting to the point where the 3300G has my overclock with fast DDR3 beaten pretty severely.

Is that running natively? that's kinda crazy, is the driver support okay? you've got graphics at least.

I have mostly 2012 hardware, but speccy crashes XP
P9X79 Deluxe, GTX 960, Sammy 830 Evo SSD boot drive, it's very stable and I am trying to get XP, 7, and 10 to multiboot but I have to use MBR instead of GPT. Also have to install AHCI drivers at install but after that it works fine.
Also Snappy Driver Installer really helps with updating old af drivers.

>Maxwell GPU and it works on XP
That's pretty crazy, I keep my AM3+ stuff with the 7970 around because it will make an excellent retro gaming rig in the future due to it's XP driver support.

Speccy run from backup 60GB drive, doing backup of SSD just incase XP breaks a hip.

Attached: Speccy.png (908x554, 49K)

GTX 960 was the last officially supported Nvidia GPU with drivers. You could get 980TIs running but you have to fuck with drivers and I couldn't be bothered. Also it makes a great dedicated physx card for 7 and 10.

>DDR3-2400
Weew that's a mean X79 rig right there boi, and I thought getting 16GB of DDR3 2000MHz stable on 1.5v was fast.

Got my AMD Phenom II x6 since 2011 never had a problem with it either. Still runs everything I throw at it

I'd say that Phenom Thubans (Phenom II x6) were pretty long lasting, until the lack of modern instruction set became an issue.

is this a new intel tactic?

>exploits known by three letter agencies are being around for years
>suddenly they go public
>i didnt had any problem the last 7 years that nobody knew about them and i wont have now that everybody knows them

intel pr lvl 101

> break ins have been happening for years and years, no reason to install locks in my house though wont happen to me
Stage 1 of Intel ownership: Denial

You seem to be missing some of your image

Attached: 41percentlol.png (1101x503, 120K)

Still rocking free gen 3 i5-3570 3.4 ghz cpus. Upgrading soon? Nope. It does the job required for 4 different desktops. Gaming, linux, media box to tv (dvd player as well) and game host on DMZ.

I have a Ryzen 7 2700 that i want to use for at least 3-4 years. Maybe longer.

and yet here we are in 2019 fx is still more relevant..

> Has there ever been a processor this viable for this long?
Yea, actually you were late by a few years.

The real deal was the i7 920 a few years earlier. The i7 2600k is when the average consumer and gamers eventually realized these are nice some years later.

920 was obsolete in 2011 bro. you picked the absolute worst year to upgrade

Phenom 2 955

kill yourself, AMDrone. don't you have dogs to boil and eat, chong?

And yet not a single real world example of these exploits being used has surfaced. They're also not exactly trivial to exploit either. I'm not defending anything, just being fair.

i7-6700k here, have never updated the microcode or installed intel's patches (thank fuck). never had a need to overclock it. it's excellent. much power.

I have unironically never locked my home and nothing has ever happened

>Sure Zen is better by miles
the price is better, the performance is catching up with intel, finally, after THREE SOLID DECADES of failures and garbage.
>you can bet your ass devs will start utilizing the extra cores
woooaahhhh programmers.. using extra cores?! amazing in depth knowledge you have there. what's next captain obvious? the sky is blue? water is wet? you're a dense faggot?

>tfw 2500K is only 465 on cinebench