(Future, not current build) Dropped support for Android 5.0 and below. Only ~9% of devices use this anymore

>(Future, not current build) Dropped support for Android 5.0 and below. Only ~9% of devices use this anymore.

fuck you adamantcheese, you were supposed to be the good guy, why are you setting me up like this after I've shilled your fork so much
what am I supposed to buy a new phone now just to have a decent Jow Forums client?
fuck you, you ruined my day, I've waited so much for this new build and you shattered my dreams

Attached: images.jpg (192x192, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/679
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I would like to personally thank the maintainer for fucking OP over.
OP deserved it. He is a faggot.

Get rekt, OP.

Also, ADAMANTCHEEESE! where's the update?!?!?!

The best part? The new build doesn't even make use of features beyond 5.0; a completely arbitrary API level bump in the manifest to clear out the riff raff. Based cheese.

>dropping 5
Could you not, please?
Also does this count if I have 5.0.2? thats technically above 5.

Its a shame though, I like my phone and there was never a reason to upgrade. Now Ill have to find some third party xda firmware that probably works like shit...

Attached: despair.jpg (583x611, 36K)

what riff raff?

Official Adamancheese signed version WHEN

As in the scum, the filth, the trash: poor people.

>dropping support for 4.3
I don't use this app and don't care who does, but whoever the developer is needs to die a slow and painful death

what the fuck is this financial elitism? are you a moron? go buy an iphone

>Also does this count if I have 5.0.2?
Are you retarded?

Basically everyone not running Lollipop or later is considered "riff raff" by some nobody scumbag pretending to be somebody meaningful by developing an "app" a few dipshits use

upgrade then retard

>based floens dies
>new dev is a nazist pedophile
Fuck off dickcheese clover is not some advanced tech app, you literally send some post requests over an API and then display some text and images in a grid.
Imageboards technology hasn't changed either so there's no reason to cut old Android versions.
Are you planning to add Facebook integration?

t. Android 6 user, still mad

Get a new phone, poorfags

>Imagine unironically shilling botnetcheese when based floens just werks.

Install a custom ROM you fucking niggers. it's also a security risk.
>inb4 locked phone
>inb4 random chink trash without support
get fucked

>downgrade phones to get a better DAP
no

Well it said above 5

>fork of a niche app for a niche website cuts out chunk of its userbase for no reason
This fucking sucks.

Yea Ill have to dive into xda pajeetverse now, thanks a lot.

>buy new phone
>when old phone works perfectly unlill some chucklefuck decides that he wants to be the Microsoft of Jow Forums phoneposting apps and cut support
A fool and his money

>based floens just werks
Except it doesn't. Here, try clicking on this crossboard link:

yea what if there are no stable 6+ ROMs cause the last official one is 5?
samsung alpha btw

lol the poor people in this thread

lmao am I right
just, like, buy an iPhone already like ohmygoood

>implying willingness to waste money has a correlation with income
People making minimum wage buy lotto tickets on the regular

Now that there's a Clover thread, can anyone test if they get this bug, on Floens' or Adamantcheese's build:
github.com/Floens/Clover/issues/679

>still no (You) counter with voice notification using a hot Alexa voice such as "Honey, another user just fell for your shitpost on [$board] in the [$thread]* thread"
Fuck off useless nu-floens

*Thread subject or, if absent or retarded, computed from the OP with a high accuracy neural network

Wait what happened to floens???

user...

Lollipop came out in 2014, wtf are y'all doing on an Android version that's 5 years out of date??

BB10 no longer receives updates

>/gif/
No thanks.

1.phone works
2.does everything you want cause you modded it
2.?????
3.profit

>buy an iPhone
I did but now I can't find Clover in the app store???

plain text italic text plain text bold text plain text italic text plain text bold text plain text italic text plain text bold text plain text italic text plain text bold text
>sent from f-droid floens

lmao what a poorfag
buy better eyes

That's weird. What Android version you on and what keyboard you using? This is what I get:
plain textitalic textplain textbold textplain text

guess i have to learn how to fucking code for android now
fuck floens
fuck adamantcheese
and fuck niggers
see you in a fucking year

Holy shit this thread hahaha.

If he meant to drop API 21 then 5.0.2 is still API 21. 5.1 is API 22.

Why would the keyboard make any difference? You don't even need to have it opened in order to paste text.
Anyway, android 8.0 Motorola stock.

Attached: Came_to_suffer.png (236x213, 8K)

Well I can see why anyone would drop everything below Lollipop, but why drop Lollipop as well I don't get it.

oi vey only 9%
buy phone goy

cheese, dont be a nigger

the real problem is android not getting updates. use android, get rekt faggot. ios' updates are so much better

After looking at the Android distribution chart it looks like he is not going to drop API 21, but everything below it so KitKat and below.

i literally have no reason to buy a new phone other than faggots dropping support for android 5.0
my phone works just like it did 4 years ago, even the newest games work without lags, i can still browse sites without any lags, multitasking is not a problem

enjoy you are no updates and security holes poorfag

Wait what the FUCK happened to Floens?

who the fucks needs updates for a perfectly working device

1. phone is ancient piece of shit
2. is full of unfixed vulnerabilities and exploits
3. chink hackers steal you personal details and empty your bank account
4. NSA agent faps to your gf's nude pics

Use a web browser, nigger.

Despite being only 9 percent of the Android users...

There hasn't been a single phone that I would give out money for, and mine uses Android 4.2. I sometimes get a new battery, and it's still going strong, doing everything I need it to do.

>Why would the keyboard make any difference?
I dunno, it's just a guess since I don't know what else could be causing it.

>1. phone is ancient piece of shit
my 2014 phone has fucking 2gb ram, and an 8core processor
i dont even fucking need all that, if my old phone didnt break id be using it instead
>2. is full of unfixed vulnerabilities and exploits
never had a problem with it, use your fucking head
>3. chink hackers steal you personal details and empty your bank account
>implying i have any personal data on my phone, or that my bank somehow is accessible with just the data on my phone
>4. NSA agent faps to your gf's nude pics
the fuck would i use my phone to take pictures for? i have a fucking normal camera thats better than your iphones will ever get cause its still a fuckass tiny sensor and those 20 megapixels are not gonna do you jack shit
they are free to jerk off to my collection of hentai lewds any time they want though, i dont fucking mind

Install LineageOS

>doing everything I need it to do
Except for clover

Attached: 1555772265296.jpg (720x739, 63K)

>not being on Android 9

>buying a phone with no LineageOS support
What are you faggots even doing on this board?

op and most of the posters here are lazy cucks that cant install custom roms for shit

This.

>no official support for linage
>XDA has unofficial builds
>This ROM does not work with Exynos variant (SM-G850F)
t-thanks for advice

Attached: 1559001163548.jpg (1000x750, 616K)

you just got cucked you know?

Enjoy your cucksung.

did linageos exist in 2014?

>Samsung
You deserve it

Cyanogemod did.

still can't believe he's dead guys..

IM SORRY THAT I WAS BORN, MOM

Attached: i didnt ask for this.jpg (714x533, 37K)

Holy fuck nice.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-29-20-35-34-281_org.floens.chan.png (1080x2340, 684K)

got any proof or are you just repeating media's over reaction headlines that are made for clicks?

If your web browser is up to date and you dont go to ad/shady sites to install apps you are fine. Google play store apps cant get root but can data mine and track users even on latests android version. I would avoid advertised apps and apps that are not popular or trusted.

iOS has fingerprinting problem for older versions than iOS 12. Android 7 nougat .png vulnerability does not work if web browser has fixed it. Snapdragon soc need most of the time physical access to the device. Modem vulnerabilities, I havent seen any reports of abuses in the wild.

Wait where the fuck is this?

Attached: 0F034749653844189EB28061EB14B553.jpg (750x698, 551K)

wait, people are still using version 5 or lower?

after you've added an image to your post, tap on the image. only Adamantcheese build has that feature.

Ah I'm on the floens build. Did floens stop working on clover or is the adamantcheese build just a fork?

>wait, people are still using windows 7

He is dead.

You better be joking faggot

Attached: 82A4DCA819764E0FBC4230586AB65328.jpg (750x527, 309K)

>fuck you adamantcheese, you were supposed to be the good guy, why are you setting me up like this after I've shilled your fork so much
What do you expect from someone that looks like this?
Get his number from his resume and yell at him to change it back.

Attached: portrait_circ_quant.jpg (750x750, 76K)

Windows 10 can be installed on pretty much any computer that can run Windows 7 well
With Android you're at the mercy of official updates (which most companies don't bother with for more than one new version) or third-party ROMs which introduce new bugs and are at the mercy of hardware manufacturers releasing open source drivers

Unironically buy a Pixel 1. It has perfect LineageOS support and is really easy to install.

>buying a 300$ phone for 1 fork of phoneposting app

>what am I supposed to buy a new phone now just to have a decent Jow Forums client?
Probably not, you should just deploy some updated ROM.

Reality is just that it's not viable to indefinitely lug around all older versions of software API/ABI/... that were developed iteratively in relatively quick succession.

>i need an app to browse a fucking website
Smartphone morons in a goddamn nutshell. Stop using these broken piles of tracking device anti-privacy shit.

>300$ phone
You can get it for $100 off eBay

this is the first app that i cant run on my lollipop device
updates are only xda pajeetware

Happened to me a bunch of times already.

Besides, it sounds like you might have had the issue with a pre-lollipop device.

> updates are only xda pajeetware
Well, if nobody else made an update then that's what you deploy, I guess. Or you make a better ROM or a fork of the app for older phones yourself.

use custom ROMs imbecile

>$300
I got a 128GB XL for $150 that still has a good battery. Learn to actually look and not just pull numbers out of your ass.

Attached: Screenshot_20190529-061445.png (1440x2560, 913K)

>Besides, it sounds like you might have had the issue with a pre-lollipop device.
the only issue i had is that it died

>Learn to actually look and not just pull numbers out of your ass.
i literally googled and the first result on a local shop was 300$.
also what makes you think id pay even 50$ for a Jow Forums shitposting pocket machine? id rather learn how to code and fork clover myself than waste my money on a brick

Make keyboard pop up instantly when you click search icon. Thank you.

It already does that

Attached: Screenrecorder-2019-05-29-14-53-27-373(0).webm (540x1123, 281K)

so? whats the problem? just don't update then. i got both new and old clover. still using V1.2.11 right now. works fine on android 8.x.x

Here are your options:

>[1]
It's open source, Make a fork, and make it work for android 5.
>implying you python script kids actually know how to code a real world application

>[2]
SHUT THE FUCK UP, stop crying, stop making garbage threads, stop whining, stop being so fucking entitled, and upgrade your fucking phone. IDIOT. UGH

>so dont use the fork for the reason youre using the fork
clover doesnt have basic functionality that is literally coming out in next cheese build
neither does any other chan app have that functionality

1 kill yourself
2 kill yourself more
if you suddenly decide to arbitrarily fuck over people who are using your app youre a dickhead

Dashchan is still a lot better, basically because of Clipboard and sharing support

Your assblasted butthurt is showing idiot kid. Perhaps stop masturbating so much.
Absolute garbage. You and your shitty thread.
Just dive in the sewer, where you belong.

Does it support 5.0? If so, I'll switch right now.