Popup Camera is not a meme

Why does Jow Forums hate popup cameras?

By using popup
>The botnet cannot monitor you
>Pretty sure Jow Forums doesn't care about selfies
>More screen space and notchless design

I understand it is a mechanical device with 20,000~ popup life or something but its more than enough.

Attached: 144600-phones-news-vivo-might-launch-its-apexa-phone-with-pop-up-camera-at-12-june-event-image1-spad (1200x800, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

android.com/enterprise/recommended/requirements/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like them a lot.

>moving parts
>having a front facing camera at all

>moving parts
It's not like the average Jow Forumsentooman will ever use it, so it won't ever break.

Agree. Never realized there were so many selfie taking estrogen laden people on Jow Forums.
If they don't have a front facing camera they can't put Android on it, Google requirements. This is the best best thing, just jam it and it's like you never had it in the first place.

*the next best

>More screen space and notchless design
>Shows phone with a huge bezel.

I prefer the magnet setup on the Mi Mix 3.

>selfie taking estrogen laden people on Jow Forums
Must suck to have no friends and be ugly.

This.
I wouldn't mind if the camera broke, i literally don't give a fuck i just want a notchless screen.

it's not a bezel retard, it's the picture on the screen.

I don't see the advantage of a second hidden camera compared to flipping the main camera around

We don't

Basically somewhere for the ingress of dust, sand, water, you name it and point of failure.

NSA damage controlling that they can't watch you anymore.

Attached: 1554543864962.jpg (680x813, 56K)

I literally don't give a fuck about the selfie camera whatsoever. As long as it's out of the way it's good whether it's hidden, broken or not there at all.

Imagine actually putting your personal information and photos on the internet.
I can't believe people actually do this.

>If they don't have a front facing camera they can't put Android on it, Google requirements. This is the best best thing, just jam it and it's like you never had it in the first place.

Attached: serveimage (11).jpg (263x192, 5K)

OP here, you have to sacrifice features for things you dont need. In my case I dont give a fuck if the popup gets dust sand etc
That was my whole point.

>Thinking that the phone isn't transmitting GPS, sensor and all other data regardless when using an android phone.

>Google Requirements
Wait, seriously? I remember having an Android phone without a front facing camera in the past. It was Android 2.3 tho.

I hated them but then I thought about it and
>means no screen notch
>need front cam for rare video calls with dumb work clients
>would never break mine because I'd -never- have it in use
>a custom ROM would simply mean the pop-up becomes disabled, no loss to incredibly ugly nerds
I do think that they should not use stepped motors and instead use a magnet and click system, also toothless magnet motor since high torque is not needed, such that opposing force doesn't break the motor or its teeth.
Moving parts are often complexity, hog space, waste resources in design and the end product... But the downsides are simply negligible.
Phones shouldn't cost more than half of your monthly take-home pay anyway - they're a mobile device inherently designed and prone to rare harm and this is considered when their prices are assigned, we shouldn't be terrified of breaking out phones - that's for apple slaves.
Give me gorilla glass 6, a rear fingerprint scanner, very slight splashproofing, OIS main cam and a full utilised snapdragon 730 and I'll happily take even the shittiest, blurriest, slowest, most-breakage prone popup selfie cam.

it looks goofy, just a random square sticking out of the top that doesn't look like it's part of the phone
also motorized parts = more things to break

Xiaomi K20 meets your needs.
The problem is when competition makes your popup camera open in 0.8sec.

Company X is required to make a popup camera that opens in 0.5sec so they rely on whatever bitch of a mechanical device is allowed to them.

just get the mi mix 3

My Nokia N95 didn't have this problem

To clarify this, you can put android on whatever the fuck you want, but Google won't let you have the play store unless you meet certain requirements.

This, sounds like it fits all of your needs and it's pretty cheap these days.

I just poked a hole on my op7pro pop up camera. It is utterly useless now. So I superglued the whole thing. My I have got a perfect notchless phone with no moving parts.

>Nokia N95
Your fucking Nokia N95 was spring loaded and had fucken huge rails which was still prone to getting shit gummed up in the lubricant in said rails.

Same fucking thing with the Sony T715 and W595 I went through a fucken ton of them working outdoors.

the entire brainlet meme escalated completely

How about no front facing camera?

>No notches
>No bezel
>NSA can't see you

I hope to never become this retarded. If so, I wish to be put down.

>Popup Camera is not a meme
Nobody said it's a meme.
>Why does Jow Forums hate popup cameras?
Nobody hates popup cameras.

Leave and never come back, attention whore.

Read
Its an Android API minimum requirement in 201X. Basically you can't have an android phone without front facing camera, the company that makes such non-front facing camera phones will probably have their android licenses revoked.

Fuck off nigger, check out the K20 thread and come back.

Isn't it also a requirement that you have to post your kernel source? Many companies aren't doing that and Google does fuck all about it.

>buy the phone
>make the front facing camera pop up
>rip the fucker out violently

Front facing cameras are solved

How about main camera then?

>not having a phone case that hides the camera

>mi mix 3
Nah, want UFS 3.0 and newer AI cores (855, 730). Besides, a full body shift seems kinda dramatic. At bigboi price range with overcomplicated moving cam, no 3.5mm, I'd go for the A80. Also MIUI -> no thanks.
Close, but want OIS and gorilla glass 6. True about arbitrary number comparing discarding reasoning and quality for muh numbers.

If my LG Fuel phone can get away without a camera using Android, I'm sure other phones can too.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (415x470, 39K)

>Why does Jow Forums hate popup cameras?
We don't, what the fuck are you talking about?

fag

>Must suck to have no friends and be ugly.

Friends are for children and manchildren.

I've always been more concerned with botnet monitoring microphone

Cannot be helped if you use your phone for calls etc.

However you can go hardware level and rip out the microphone if you use your phone for X purpose.

moving parts break easily
>but you don't use them
not a fucking excuse

Lol loser

Must suck to be an insecure moron, why would my friends want to see pictures of me?

Talking about groupies, loser.

just think. the reason we can't have true edge to edge displays is because women won't buy a phone that can't take selfies. the entire market is being held BACK because of the eternal woman amd her narssisism.

OP here. You cant blame women because sexist Google fucks built into their API and basic android features to have a front facing camera. The issue can be pinpointed to a woman regardless but thats how it is.

>you need to be a woman in order to send pictures of you to your loved ones.
I pity your mom, user.
Unless you see her everyday because you still live in her basement. Oh wait. I still feel sorry for her in that case.

>popup meme camera
>with lots of complicated connections and parts
>that break easily
>and are expensive
vs
>a common mechanical switch

who would win?

family is a bourgeoisie construct. im capitalism today it's all but irrelevant. it used to serve as a means of wealth transfer. coat of arms and all that. but now its a dog eat dog world. I'll bet if you really found yourselves in a time of financial ruin your precious "family" wouldn't even loan you $100 for groceries.

>slows down face recognition
>goofy as fuck, wouldn't ever dare use it in public

Just give me bezels ffs

if you care that much about other people judging you based on your phone then just buy an iphone
>i mean like how can i take a guy seriously when he has green bubbles lmao

My mother passed away a few years back user, please apologize.

spoken like an only child from a single mother

Why would you send pictures of yourself to your loved ones, they know what you look like

>slows down face recognition
This is the main concern for me as well. That's all I really use my front-facing camera for.

>groupies
>roasties
>"""friends"""

Moving parts = points of failure

>20,000~ popup life
Is this in a clean room with a robot that pokes at it from a fixed angle and pressure, or in the real world with moisture, dirt, food, snot, skin oils, etc

Attached: 772A6E4F-F954-464C-A611-AC649739019D.jpg (1600x900, 126K)

In an ideal condition you brainlet.

The same test is done in a IKEA chair considering you have been to one where the chair is mechanically tested in a glass case.

Attached: whatthefuck.jpg (641x530, 41K)

Literally the least secure unlocking method right now.

I think it's a nice design.

1. modular instead of soldered and could allow possible upgradability down the road or even removed for privacy
2. youll know if a app tries to access you camera (put a slide over the back camera)
3.notchless

I'd even like to see a cheap variant where it's just a manual pop up sled with a tiny stub to grip at the top.

This post and all replies are wrong.

It's under "highly suggested" but if you look below that requirement it says that things classified as tablets, smartwatches, and tvs are subjected.
It's also more flexible in the sence that you cann make a cerfied android device fablet with sim capability without a camera.

android.com/enterprise/recommended/requirements/

t. android dev fag that has worked with their API spec for 7 years

Stop spreading FUD

You can't make creepshots with it.

the OP7 literally works underwater with the camera extended, you absolute mongoloid

I don't care about minimizing bezels.

Also the lens is protected from scratches most of the times.

>Must suck to have no friends and be ugly.
At least my parents love me. That is all it takes.
mfw
>Thought about getting help on dating
>Went to a dating adviser/coach
>She saw this was a ... demanding case
>Just happy she didn't puke over my shoes
>Clearly fearing I would be the equivalent of an unshiftable wreck that a second hand car salesman would never get off his parking lot
>Real short meeting
>So she followed up with "helpful" email
>Suggested Thai post order brides
>... to my Gmail account
>Google ad system took notice
>Forever since spammed with ads for Thai and East European mail order brides

>thread about phones
>b-but TV's don't need it!

Never thought about it this way. I've just been lazy to buy a new phone but yeah all those seem like pros to me. How costly are they?

Think. Post.

inb4 b8

Why do you care if it break if you'll never use it?

Jow Forums doesnt hate popup cameras, have you seen the k20 shilling in /spg/?
only problem I have with it is lack of auto-brightness, as I couldn't give 2 shits about the selfiecam breaking

>If they don't have a front facing camera they can't put Android on it, Google requirements
They can. Android is free software.
Now, the Botnet Play Store must be another story.

Watching Jow Forums get butthurt every time front cameras are discussed is so amusing. You guys really don't have anyone in your life to send selfies to and you think the rest of the market should cater to this.

Attached: 1555471302274.jpg (586x580, 75K)

>taking homosexual photos of oneself
I dont get how you arent too embarrassed to send those to people

did you miss the part where you can make a phone and call it a phablet and technically be playing by the rules

The "people" who think front cameras are for selfies are retarded eceleb-wannabe valley girls. Front cameras are for video calling.

>Front cameras are for video calling
you mean the one on your laptop?

Which always has internet and can be conveniently held infront of your face while at an airport, to talk to your important client or child-with-chicken-pox