Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: owo.jpg (1404x1973, 252K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/leoncastro/js-us/blob/master/youtube.com/youtube-nsfw.user.js
imgur.com/a/ag3wqI7
amazon.com/Lenovo-Performance-Quad-core-A12-9720P-processor/dp/B07BJ9T8XC/
w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp
costco.com/HP-Envy-x360-15.6"-Touchscreen-2-in-1-Laptop---AMD-Ryzen-5---1080p---HP-Digital-Pen.product.100485157.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

On Android 9
Suddenly a number of apps no longer have audio notifications
They have the notification dot, they have the on screen when the notification happens and they have the app icon in the status bar. But they are completly audibly silent.
I have reset all notification settings and have manually gone in to the app and verified they have full notification rights and that none of their permissions are limited.
How can i diagnose this?

Help

Should my PC really be running this hot just running MSI Afterburner OC scanner?

Attached: Speccy64_0loHWCEH0r.png (835x708, 44K)

Anyone use backblaze/b2 for data storage?
How was your experience with it?

my 2080 started artifacting and crashing in pretty much every game I play, is 8mths old too late for me to RMA?? Its an Asus card.

How to view age-restricted youtube videos without logging?
>inb4 hooktube/invidio
Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner

Attached: Rukysama-Twitter-Sultry-Photos-16.jpg (768x1024, 78K)

>youtube.com/v/

>is 8mths old too late for me to RMA
no

most GPUs come with 2+ year warranty

Guys please help me fix this weird time issue.
see ->
^^^
Is anyone else experiencing this? Maybe it is a bug in the latest version of Jow Forums X?

Attached: 1556700722150.jpg (543x499, 15K)

Why is one of these so much more fucking expensive than the other? I can't even begin to wrap my head around it.

Attached: blue.png (1382x1288, 532K)

Yeah about that, the userscript I'm using for that no longer works for some reason
github.com/leoncastro/js-us/blob/master/youtube.com/youtube-nsfw.user.js
Any script that do that?

How do I figure out what's an appropriate programming book to start with?
I'm looking at:
The C Programming Language by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie
O'Reilly - Practical C Programming

and not really sure how I'm supposed to make these books work when they're 20/30 years old

>my first language, the methods they propose aren't working by default.
>maybe I'm overthinking it.

What IDE would you guys recommend? I have codeblocks and racket rn.

Both drives are TLC (planar vs 3D). There may be slight differences in performance, but their specs are practically identical.

The more expensive one is older stock that didn't get a price update (because WD are stubborn jews). And has a 3-year warranty.
The newer one uses a different manufacturing process that makes them cheaper to produce, and has a 5-year warranty.

mpv + youtube-dl

Now each one that you create a new account on Facebook you have to give your phone number?

The C Programming Language is very good despite its age. Read it to learn the basics, then move on to a book that covers modern C practices.

as in read it front to back and then I can learn modern practices?

I'd like something fairly accessible as this will be my first programming language, do you think that would fit the bill?

Afaik you always had to do that.
Faceberg is botnet don't use it

I bought a Surface Pro 5th gen from Best Buy 2 years ago. Didn't get a warranty. I want to get rid of it for as much as possible. What's the best plan of action? Can I somehow get a replacement and sell it as new?

I've got a second monitor connected to my motherboard's hdmi port. After my shit crashed a few weeks ago, the second monitor stopped displaying. I changed the integrated graphics as the primary boot method (IGD), that worked for a while, but eventually the monitor wouldn't turn on again. I found from there, shutting down and removing the power cable from my computer and replacing it would let it turn on for that session, but now that's not working either anymore.
Any suggestions?

I had a Facebook account back in the past and I don't remember that you had to do that. You could add your phone number to have another way to get back your account or things like that but not just since the moment that you create the account you have to give your phone number or you can't have the account.

And I know that Facebook is botnet and evil and all of that but I want to communicate with some old friends and Facebook is the only way to send them a message.

It's well structured and especially well written for a programming book. They advance through the material at a steady but reasonable pace. Unless you have trouble understanding basic elements like loops, it should be perfect.

What software can I use for windows that does this:
1. When I make a file/folder on one hard drive, the software automatically copies it to another hard drive
2. When I delete a file/folder on the first hard drive, the software either does NOT delete it on the second hard drive or moves it to a Recycle Bin folder on the second hard drive

How serious is the performance downgrade for intel chips after the fixes?

So there's basically zero incentive to buy the expensive one?

Pretty much. If you go and download the spec sheets from WD there's almost no difference, besides the fact there's a 2TB model for the newer version.

What is the best light/fast loading picture viewer program? No editing.

sxiv for Linux (Viewnior if it's too barebones for you), JPEGView for Windows.

Huh, I'm surprised the answer was so straightforward. Thanks!

Attached: thumbs-up.gif (320x240, 1.05M)

Searx.me has been shit lately. Is there another solid option for a search engine? Maybe Qwant?

Just used JPEGView for the first time. thanks.

Built my first pc 2 months ago and everything has been great so far. Been playing all my games through steam without a hitch but for the last couple of days steam has been displaying 'We've come up empty, try clearing your search' etc. Whenever I click anywhere on the window it freezes and says not responding. Anyone know why? This is infuriating.

doesn’t really matter if it’s old or not. The data structures and algorithms and what does what and why it does that is what you are trying to learn

How slow would Calibre be on a 2TB 2.5" HDD? Around 500-600 thousand e-books.
Or is there something else I can use that has a similarly powerful search function? I only really need a (powerful) search tool to check if I have the book I'm looking for.
I like that in Calibre you can type any word and it will bring back anything that has that exact string of letters + anything that's even remotely similar.

>500-600 thousand e-books.
What are you reading user? If those are tech books, could you do the needful?

once i saw someone here saying that they torrent through tor. but i thought tor was just a browser?

>If those are tech books, could you do the needful?
Literally all of it is fiction.

Shill me some good amazon iem with free shipping.
>inb4 go to iemg
no
Budget up to 20 bucks, not sure if I want bluetooth or not, is the quality of those still shit compared to wired? I saw some MuveAcoustics, don't know if they're good, there's also some fire bluetooth ones.

anyone has that Win 10 installation chart that has a list of good software for win and windows versions without cortana, store etc.

this is probably a really stupid question but is it possible to change the cell tower that your phone is connecting to for a stronger/closer one?

Go to the general dedicated for this, faggot

Turn airplane mode on and off or restart device and hope it connects to best tower.

hey fellas. just looking for a decent cheap second hand laptop that is comfortable to use in bed, for general use. so light and not too big not been following tech like this since my gaming pc stolen few years back.

just looking for any general tips/suggestions.

cheers

Chromebooks are nice for light use, or go to /tpg/

help?

So will my 1070ti(8-pin) even switch on if use a 6 pin connector?
I'm getting a new PSU but I wanna test this card out quick. Not actually use it.
P

Does the Google home mini have a private audio recording function?

Attached: 636473694962054822-YDR-PMK-112617-home-mini-3.jpg (3200x1680, 432K)

ah fuck that sucks

damn. cause I looked up my tower and it's so far away from my current location even though there are towers closer

Is there a good notepad app for Android? I like using the notes on my Galaxy phone but it doesn't save as .txt so I can't open them up with a PC.

keep

So, I'm a shitty frontend developer and I'm trying to use javascript to connect to a golang server and do things like account login.

I've tried
>NGINX websocket proxy
>Gorilla websockets
>native golang websockets

Can't figure out why this is so hard, or if I'm just fucking dumb.

How do i set Sublime text 3 as default text editor instead of gedit in ubuntu 19.04?

My GPU is randomly throttling itself to less usage for split seconds at a time causing frame drops in video games. It seems to do this in every game regardless of how taxing it is on the system. Likely causes? My best guesses are a faulty NVIDIA driver or a failing PSU.

Attached: 20130909.png (648x762, 104K)

I found a BenQ FP731 monitor in a trash can.
It works, but can't see signal cable.
How to repair it(I am poor as fuck, so can't go to any service)?

>Uses up to 16 CPU cores (16 hardware threads)
Does this mean cores or threads? Compare to this chart here

How are the temps?

what equals pcie lanes bandwidth ?

Attached: pci-e-1x-slot-3d-model-max-obj-mtl-fbx-stl-sldprt-sldasm-slddrw-stp.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

I would like to learn a programming language that could allow me to deal with cryptocurrency exchanges APIs, to make some little trading bots for myself, because I don't trust other people. I need the easiest programming language available so I can learn it as fast as possible, I don't care about effinciency, because spending money for a better hardware capable of handling my unoptimized shitty code is not an issue for me

By Google? Do the notes save to a local folder that I can drag over to a PC. Not looking for cloud syncing

i cannot fucking delete .git directory on windows. im losing my fucking shit. nothing people say helps, everything gives a fucking error.

Normal for a 980 Ti. Liimits to around 83C for demanding games. 50-60 for non demanding games. Just to be sure, I underclocked it and have the fans running at max through Afterburner. The frame drops still happen regardless of how demanding the game is. I havent monitored the voltage while gaming yet but I do have some graphs of CPU, memory and GPU usage while idling if it helps.

imgur.com/a/ag3wqI7

What's your question?

hey guys
i got a 400$ amazon credit and was told to buy a laptop with it
what do i buy?
ive only ever had cheap thinkpads before and desktops

Is it happening in every game? How about GPU benchmarks?

Just discovered that my games wont launch properly outside of steam either. Games getting stuck on loading screens etc. I haven't had a reason to play these games outside of steam yet. Any ideas? :(

What will the laptop be used for? If simple web browsing just get a Chromebook

I have a chromebook now and it being so limited drives me crazy
I want to be able to use my windows programs. im gonna be using it for school though, but also just using it in bed at night
amazon.com/Lenovo-Performance-Quad-core-A12-9720P-processor/dp/B07BJ9T8XC/

Does this look bad?

Is there any usenet provider offering servers for free?

Haven't tried any benchmarks, but yeah, it seems pretty consistent in every game, and in HTML5 videos that are hardware accelerated.

Attached: 1495762522592.png (554x935, 159K)

What's the lightest torrent client for windows? I have tons of torrents (and by tons I mean around 70k) to download.

Attached: rinko thinking.gif (480x360, 1.3M)

will rtorrent run in cygwin or msys2?

What software is running on that laptop?

Also I have a new apartment and I wanna plan and decorate it gee style so what software should I use for designing interior it should also be easy mode so I dont have to design the whole block down to smallest componet,

Forgot pic

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-29-19-19-44.png (2560x1600, 1.83M)

If you still have warranty for it, just get a replacement. Otherwise, if you have a different PC (or spare GPU) try swapping GPUs and see if problem persists in either. Reinstall drivers, etc. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help.

So I can make a gif/webm in Photoshop.
I want it to convert it to HTML5 Video
How do I do this? Use any online convertor?

Attached: download.png (425x118, 5K)

unreal engine editor.

Did you ask this once already? I remember that question.

Which one is better?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 4.28.28 am.png (268x224, 15K)

Ffmpeg

No I literally saw the vid just now

>If either of both inputs are 0, then the output will also be Y
Should be "the output will also be 0", no?

the faster one

I have a 2.8mb webm that's a minute long. Took it to two separate online webm editors to cut the time down 20 seconds to get the filesize lower. The first one increased the size to 12mb and the second to 6mb.

What is it I'm missing?

I have a computer with Mac and Linux installed on a hard drive and Windows installed on an SSD. The hard drive had a Clover bootloader that boots all 3 and I want to just install Linux on the hard drive over the existing installs and replace the bootloader so it just boots into Windows and Linux. Can I do this without fucking up the Windows install on the SSD? It's the only thing that's important to keep

>online convertors
the fuck are you doing, user?
f
f
m
p
e
g

the codec they used and the parameters they passed to it

Check the current bitrate, when converting specify a new bitrate 0.5-0.75x of the original

Say, I just found out there are ways to mirror link your android to a PC and control it from there. Currently using ApowerMirror. Is there a better free/opensores alternative out there?
Not that I'm having issues, so far so good, just wondering.

got a call from some robot telling me that my SSN was compromised, I decided to press on with the call to fuck with the people, as soon as some bitch answered she hung up. Did I just fuck up somehow? What information could they strip from me staying on the line?

your voice
the fact that it's an active line so they can sell your number to other telemarketers/scammers

Adding "nsfw" before "youtube.com" has worked in the past. Maybe give that a shot?
OC scanner? Wasn't aware that was a thing in MSI afterburner. If it was a stress tester, it would be reasonable. I don't know beyond that.
Bumping for you, user. I too would want to know something like this.
Anywhere from negligible to supposed 15% or so, depending on usage.
For just gaymen, it's fuck all.
Your best bet would be >>>/tpg/
>(16 hardware threads)
Presumably it means threads specifically, 8 cores.
Not sure on lightEST, but Deluge has been smooth sailing for me.
>70k torrents
Nice one, user!
M.2 is just the standard, there are both NVMe & SATA based M.2 SSD's. Crucial make both a 2.5" MX500 & M.2 MX500, both are SATA.
If the M.2 is NVMe, though, then that would likely be the faster option.
Obviously it depends on what the actual drives in question are.

Well I really don't want to replace the GPU. I'm also not convinced that there's anything inherently wrong with the GPU, because otherwise I would be getting artifacting. And that's not my issue, the issue is that randomly the GPU just gives up and goes from 98% usage in a demanding game to 50% usage. I will probably post about this later but until then I will monitor my GPU voltage using Afterburner and dtletermine if there's anything wrong with the power the GPU is getting. If there isn't, I'll assume it's a driver issue until I get more advice otherwise.

Attached: 1558649345135.png (447x489, 224K)

linustechtips showed off this on one of their servers, it's a video about their whole video making process from start to finish, can't remember the exact words in the title though

can i get a few darkweb addys? selling this laptop set up with linux to a gangster and i want to have something to charge him extra for cause i know he will fucking bite

i allready have avengers, but i'd like something more up to date

>your voice
I altered it slightly so I'm good there
>the fact that it's an active line
fuck

I think you don't quite understand what HTML5 video means.
w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp

An easy and fast to learn programming language?

I "need" a laptop for college, so I want something light but with battery life and not a chromebook and not sounding like a jet engine. I was looking at
costco.com/HP-Envy-x360-15.6"-Touchscreen-2-in-1-Laptop---AMD-Ryzen-5---1080p---HP-Digital-Pen.product.100485157.html
since it's on sale, but I'm horrible at buying stuff for myself since I cheap out.
Parent's are paying half of it, so I'd prefer not top go over like $700

c