The answer to your systemd bullshit.

Attached: index.jpg (186x186, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/OpenRC/openrc
files.catbox.moe/0eyewm.zip
github.com/itszn/Image-To-Braille
cafepress.com/volkerdi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Slackware is a Linux distribution created by Patrick Volkerding in 1993. Originally based on Softlanding Linux System, Slackware has been the basis for many other Linux distributions, most notably the first versions of SUSE Linux distributions, and is the oldest distribution that is still maintained.

Slackware aims for design stability and simplicity and to be the most "Unix-like" Linux distribution. It makes as few modifications as possible to software packages from upstream and tries not to anticipate use cases or preclude user decisions. In contrast to most modern Linux distributions, Slackware provides no graphical installation procedure and no automatic dependency resolution of software packages. It uses plain text files and only a small set of shell scripts for configuration and administration. Without further modification it boots into a command-line interface environment. Because of its many conservative and simplistic features, Slackware is often considered to be most suitable for advanced and technically inclined Linux users.

heck yeah!!! Slackware is the granddaddy of them all!!

i love Slackware

Attached: screenFetch-2019-05-29_10-44-37.png (1920x1080, 2.38M)

>grandaddy.
More like a dinosaur.
Doesn't even systemd.

Not good for a desktop though.

install gentoo

I made the switch from Debian Sid to Slack64-current last year.

I like Slack's simplicity (init, scripts, etc), but I'm still figuring out how I best use the package managers: I'm using slackpkg and sbotools.

Check out slackpkgplus. It extends slackpkg and works really well.

I've been running slackware for many years as my daily driver. All hail Volkerding!

boomerware linux

talk me out of this

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-29 10-52-18.png (1600x900, 204K)

>manually dependency
>2019

That's the point.

This user is upset. Please comfort him by donating your (you)s. Every (you) helps guard against his suicide. Thank you.

>installing someone else's binaries from a package

Devs with an immense amount more technical know-how than I'll ever have. And they work perfectly. Yes, I'm fine with that.

buildqueues, dumbass

it werks

Attached: 2019-05-27-211251.png (1440x900, 638K)

>that cope
Kek

If you use Slackware, don't be a douchebag! Donate to Patrick or buy some merch from his store.

>missing the point of slackware
what a fucking meme, faglord.

Attached: d29.jpg (326x294, 18K)

>Implying an init system can be replaced by an operating system
Mate...

github.com/OpenRC/openrc
Ftfy

porteus is the best portable linux distro in the world, and it's entirely based on slackware, so i'll give this thread a bump. slapt-get makes dependencies a bit easier to deal with too.

I found a better answer.

Attached: gentoo-signet.png (533x533, 107K)

>missing the point
Nobody has missed the point, fucktard. Slackware is a shit for these days. Simple!

awww, my first distro
Slackware is gr8, the installer was probably the best I've used in any distro. Haven't used it in years but glad it's still around and it should be everyone's first. Then they can choose Arch or Debian

t.xoomer

Get a load of this projection

Eh. Gentoo is good but compiling everything isn't something I love. I just don't care about USE flags enough to warrant it.
Slackware gives you the binary base and then the community has Slackbuilds for everything else.
I think it you don't mind the compiling and want USE flags then obviously Gentoo is the better fit though.

hello frens

Attached: screen-1.png (1280x1024, 42K)

Fair point, user.

Is Pat still running the whole thing by himself? Can still remember when he almost died and users where figuring out what to do. Glad he's still fine and Slack lives on

arch of 1990s

No he has people that help him put it together but he's still the BDFL.

YO user can you give a nigger that mega cute Lum ASCII art?

Here you go files.catbox.moe/0eyewm.zip
For some reason it displays wrong when uploading as txt, also used this to make it github.com/itszn/Image-To-Braille

stop shilling this distro you dumb faggot. soon the plebbit fags will catch on and ruin the last bastion of the s-o-y free white mans operating system

Attached: delet.jpg (600x781, 66K)

you are such a fucking faggot. I guarantee that if I looked around your reddit bugman site I would find this picture.

his store is down

cafepress.com/volkerdi

thank you

>only 6 month older than debian