*Burns down your house*

*Burns down your house*

Attached: portable_space_heater.jpg (350x350, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/bestof/intel-z390-motherboards/
computerbase.de/2019-05/amd-x570-luefter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not so fast, Pajeet. I have one and my house isn't on fire.

Do you use an industrial chiller for it?

>when the processor generates enough heat to run a steam turbine to drive your custom loop's pump with
Very ingenious, I like it.

INFINITE ENERGY

So you sold you house to buy it

>have no house

Attached: amd-ryzen-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 31K)

Top kek

Attached: 1558946089649.png (801x1500, 1.05M)

Genuine question before I go buying a 9900K.

I'm going to be gaming, coding, hosting game servers possibly, and maybe rendering some shit on this. I have a new motherboard with a 1151 socket, a gift from a friend, so should I just get a 9900K? It's what I've been eyeing for a while. I'm not getting a different motherboard, so 1151 compatible CPU is mandatory.

Looking for actual feedback. I do expect memes also, make them worth reading at least.

Which motherboard? Not all boards have good enough VRMs to handle 9900k.

Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming

You're good to go for a 9900k with that.
Also, don't listen to AMDjeets telling you not to buy 9900k due security.

Glad to hear, thanks!

Honestly if I didn't already have this board i'dve gotten the best ryzen currently out.

>buying a 9900K
consider suicide

>Also, don't listen to AMDjeets telling you not to buy 9900k due security.
enjoy your vulnerabilities bro

a ryzen 7 3700x/3800x with a new motherboard is gonna be much cheaper than a new i9 9900k and the performance is better and you will also save on electricity since those 2 will use half the power

I call bullshit on this. You have no idea what the price of a decent motherboard will be. Also no proof that the i9 will be beaten by the cheaper processor.

jesus christ dude its an 8 core 16 thread cpu that uses half the energy of the i9 9900k, it doesnt need an expensive motherboard
it literally uses less power and energy than my 6 core ryzen 5 1600
and you already saw the 3800x matching and beating the i9 9900k
just because its cheaper it doesnt mean that its worse
amd uses a chiplet design for their cpus which makes them cheaper to manufacture and they also dont charge you up the ass for a high end chip

Come at me bro

>jesus christ dude its an 8 core 16 thread cpu that uses half the energy of the i9 9900k, it doesnt need an expensive motherboard
Yeah, that's why it will work with all the b350 and x370 motherboards, right? Fuck off with this bullshit.

Attached: inspectre.png (464x359, 18K)

your cpu is still vulnerable with zombieload
b450 and x470 have a higher build quality than b350 and x470 boards
b350 and x370 mobos with shit vrms wont be able to get support the full 3rd gen lineup but most should be compatible

>your cpu is still vulnerable with zombieload
Disabling Spectre and Meltdown also disable MDS/Zombieload.

>b350 and x370 mobos with shit vrms wont be able to get support the full 3rd gen lineup but most should be compatible
According to your logic, if it can run 2700x it can run even 3900x (same TDP) but of course that's false. Because TDP doesn't mean shit these days. Coming to your original point, 9900k doesn't need an expensive mobo as well. Even a cheap Gigabyte Z390 UD ($110) can run 9900k 5Ghz all core without VRM throttling.
techspot.com/bestof/intel-z390-motherboards/

the only way to get rid of zombieload is to disable hyperthreading

>According to your logic, if it can run 2700x it can run even 3900x (same TDP) but of course that's false. Because TDP doesn't mean shit these days. Coming to your original point, 9900k doesn't need an expensive mobo as well. Even a cheap Gigabyte Z390 UD ($110) can run 9900k 5Ghz all core without VRM throttling.
you call a 110 euro motherboard a cheap one?

Attached: 1558535113165.jpg (281x281, 35K)

Attached: 1558899455041_2.jpg (720x1348, 188K)

Can you even read, retard?

computerbase.de/2019-05/amd-x570-luefter/

>According to ASRock the PCH X570 gets hot in all operating states, even while idling. Due to that the fan will run continuously on all boards by ASRock. While the fan does trottle based on temperature, the manufacturer wasn't willing to give info on fan speed and noise level.

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES GARBAGE BURNING YOUR HOUSE DOWN WHEN THE TINY CHIPSET FAN FAILS

*crashes everything*

Attached: 1558975793824.png (1327x1222, 69K)

fucking kek

Get the 9600K and 9700K if you need to get a chip right now. Otherwise, wait until Ryzen 3xxx offically comes out. Prices will drop on existing Intel stock.

9900K is a meme-tier chip and HT on it has more security holes then swiss cheese.

TFW I have an i9 9900k air-cooled in a 2U server that doesn't go above 60C.

To be fair, use case scenario doesn't call for even 50% utilization. Although, if it did it'd likely be a neuclear reactor.

Forgot to mention I'm gay if it matters. Should I still get the 9900K?

Really, it just comes down to this:

First of all, if your board isn't compatible with the 9th gen, no. Check the manufacturers support page to see if there's a bios update out. If it's on the 270 chipsets, it won't work. 370, maybe.

What you need for game servers is a high-frequency high core chip. Maybe an overclocked 8700k would do you best. Depending on what game servers you plan on hosting, some (Space Engineers) requires a 5GHz clock speed to run in anything other than the "experimental mode."

Something like that would work for most of your list. I just recently purchased an i9 9900k for work, and I honestly can't recommend it. It's just an overclocked 8700k with a lower thermal threshold. Likely to thermal throttle in almost every configuration if you're using anything more than 60% utilization.

For rendering and game hosting, I 1000% recommend you do not purchase the 9900K as it's not multithreaded, and most video and 3d rendering codecs take advantage of multithreaded processors now. Game hosting, if you're using it as a dedicated server replacement and it's on 100% of the time, would be okay, and you could host many servers on it at once, but unless it's replacing a dedi, not worth it.

IMHO the whole "Greatest gaming chip in the world" is kind of bullshit. I'm getting to the point where I'm about to just switch to Ryzen, Intel is kind of piggybacking off of it's current sales, and are not innovating past their 14nm model any time soon. Once the new Ryzen chips drop in July, it's over for the next year. When you compare the new Ryzen 9 chip with the i9 9900k, it's a slaughter. New ryzen has a 7nm process, very similar clock speed but instead of 8 cores, it's 12 cores, and it's multithreaded, so you have access to 24 threads. And on top of it all, it actually runs cooler at a 60W TDP difference. You could legitimately compare the i9 to an overclocked i5 from this next line being dropped. In terms of performance, it's likely close.