Are these island chinks trustworthy?

Are these island chinks trustworthy?
They have some of the best price per gb for SSDs

Attached: 2560px-ADATA_logo.svg.png (2560x1395, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/AData/SX8200_Pro_1_TB/15.html
techpowerup.com/reviews/AData/SX_8200_480_GB/15.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nein.

i got a 1tb adata su9000 ssd with devuan on it in my thinkpad a485 for about 5 months now and its been good so far. also i still have two 4gb ddr3 ram sticks from adata back in 2011 and they're still running without any problems to this day.

I think a lot of them lack any DRAM cache, so don't expect stunning performance. Well, stunning performance by SSD standards, they'll still be an improvement over an HDD.

If you just want something cheap to boot from though they're fine

lol no

My current SSD is XPG which is adata's gaming subbrand, it's fine.

I don't even know how people can care about performance when anything past 150MB/sec throughput is unnoticeable.

>535MB/s

>paid $65 for 256GB adata ssd not even a year ago
>it's $34 now

what happened to make prices drop so fast?

And why is that?

>Jow Forums buys loads of no name flash memory off gearbest, ali, ect

>worried if a actual name brand that has sold sdcards since like android gingerbread is trustworthy
>also has a real warranty and actual thermal sensors inside instead of faked thermal readings

You faggots crack me up sometimes

I've had two SU800 the last 3 years, no problems.

>Jow Forums is one person
Also it all comes from the same fucking place, you're paying for the warranty, which is not a bad trade-off desu.

bought a 512 sx8200 for $80 last week

To answer honestly, It's on a case by case basis. You need to specifically research the drive you are buying, because they've been known to launch some incredibly poor drives in the past. Try to look for actual model numbers and benchmarks. Not much else really matters when it comes to an SSD, as I've found longevity never is really an issue.

They make the best ssd's

even worse than Seagate

You get what you pay for. The cheaper stuff has cheaper controllers, less fast cache or less TBW. Look up reviews of the models you're considering, maybe you don't need the advantages of the better ssds, maybe you do. But (at least some of) the more expensive ssds cost more for good reason.

shit flash nands.. shit controllers.

Says who

You know fuck, fuck you and buy them. You asked us a simple question, we gave you a straight answer. You want us to do your research? Get the fuck off and do it yourself.

My SU650 works fine, albeit with stalls during mixed read/writes. Make sure you get a model with DRAM for your OS.

techpowerup.com/reviews/AData/SX8200_Pro_1_TB/15.html

techpowerup.com/reviews/AData/SX_8200_480_GB/15.html

Fuck off, they have the best controllers, stop live in 2014

Yes

Attached: perfrel (1).png (500x690, 32K)

>dat grammar
lmfao Chinese shill detected

It's not the speed that makes a good controller you fucking moron.

>Silicon Motion controller
LMFAO, literally the WORST controllers in the game. Five minutes of googling will tell you that.

I bought a Su630 just today. Not even installed yet. No problems so far.

Attached: 0e9.jpg (499x499, 52K)

multiple vendors (not just Samsung anymore) have high-yielding 3D NAND production

I've had ADATA RAM before and it failed in a year, so I'd say not to risk it.

BRO WHY ARE YOU RECOMMENDING ANYONE BUY A MODEL OF SSD THAT IS BOTH NOT SAMSUNG AND NOT SATA.

DON'T YOU KNOW NON SAMSUNG SSDs EXPLODE THE MOMENT YOU TAKE OFF THE PACKAGING. GUYS BACK ME UP ON THIS THE BUBBLE ISN'T HOLDING.

Attached: 1443659995106.jpg (811x834, 100K)

They aren't for SD cards. The pieces of shit become write protected out of nothing

top models like 8200 are good
cheap ones (SATA especially) are total garbage to avoid

>It's not the speed that makes a good controller you fucking moron.
It's what?

Now they are the faster and the cheaper ssd so why not?

Yes they're great

>It's not the speed that makes a good controller you fucking moron

?

Attached: 1555803538829.webm (750x750, 929K)

USB sticks and SD cards as well. They're as cheap as chips.

I'm gonna sing the same song I've been playing since I got my 830 back in 2012.
Call me when 4TB and higher SSDs exist and they're cheaper than HDDs. The only thing that's going to get me to buy a new on is if this one fails, and it's been so long I've had 128 gig SSDs given to me by people & businesses that were going to throw them out and replace them.

No, I had to RMA their product because the SSD failed after two years. Thankfully it only held unimportant data.

bro its ok to be sad about losing your loli collection but don't blame adata for not having a back up.

>losing your loli collection
>oh no

Are Samsung's new QLC drives still better than a good HDD? They're only about 5-20% slower than the EVOs.

So what are the recommended chink brands?

I have one for 2 years and no problems yet
it was a good price / good buy
it has the same shit as micron, just costs less, somehow

Hmm, so this is the power of Kapitalismus

I thought my 128GB ADATA XPG died but it seems to work after I re-formatted it. Very strange.

None
Getting PC shit from Ali or some other chink site is a waste of time imo, they are not worth the whopping $5 savings over a brand that sells officially in the west

A large majority of chink brands sell on Amazon too.

the drives are slow but they do work. think of it as more of a low power replacement for a 10k rpm drive rather than a good ssd.

adata has been making dram chips for years and for a while was some of the best on the market

I wouldn't really consider them chink brands if they sell at US/Euro retailers and have a legitimate presence in the region your buying from

They are like, 20 bucks.

Adata hasn't let me down yet.