Green Eggs and Ham General

Ham shit
Discuss

Attached: yaesuuuuuu.jpg (900x1200, 134K)

Ham is experiencing a sudden surge in popularity among zoomer females

Attached: hams.jpg (700x469, 88K)

see:

Damn user, ruin my party but thanks for lookin out.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Peel off that shit off your FT-70 you pleb

I sure hope no hamzoomers are near my kazynski kabin in alaska. I've been talking with genuine boomers for the last year, and don't need some prissy chick giving me what my girlfriend already does

Attached: Ham-messy.jpg (2602x1608, 979K)

autistic men used to get married and lead mostly normal lives. what happened?

Attached: lifeonhf_perfectlife.jpg (500x488, 67K)

r8 my antenna

Attached: q3wtqwe - Copy.jpg (493x658, 46K)

is that supposed to be impressive

They built the bomb and the internet.
The rest of society got exponentially dumber and more hedonistic, decided they didn't need autists any more and fucked them over by making education and the rest of society serve the lowest common denominator instead of allowing driven intelligent people to prove their merit.
Most autists are stuck wage slaving with the rest of the cattle which caps their ability. They have to put that energy somewhere so they do in their free time.
A wife or gf gets in the way of that.

its shit
below the roof of the vehicle
and 2m/70cm isn't real amateur radio anyway... just faggit repeater stations

gas yourself

Anything that gets a female more attention they are all for.

it's a (shitty) 10m antenna retard

Fusion and D-star are proprietary shit
DMR is free but fucking hell what a mess DMR Marc made of it all. I gave up because its a shit show.
And jesus h christ digital voice codecs/vocoders sound like you're talking to goddamn philipinos the way it fucks up the tone of your voice.

And as a late GenXer (what you faggits call a boomer), I was 30 years younger than just about everyone at the last HAM meet I went to.

psk31 might be the only interesting thing going on in HAM

>it's a (shitty) 10m antenna retard
bullshit.
thats a balun for a 70cm/2m antenna.
zoom out and show the whole fucking antenna if you want to prove me wrong.
faggit

>psk31
my bad, im thinking of js8call or whatever the flavor is now. im not keeping up

Comfy thread name OP.

Attached: 900px-Car_ignition_system.svg.png (900x804, 161K)

i exaggerated since it's a shitty quad band but I hit 10m repeaters so it works. 10m 6m FM is nonexistent though since I'm too lazy to get a SSB radio

Attached: quad.jpg (3120x4160, 551K)

>that mast
jesus christ
I'm going back to 11m to hang out with the niggers and mexicans

QT lil setup you got there.

I'm trying to get into HAM but I got some SDR experience.

I'm pondering how I can setup a cheapo repeater for the area.

How could I interface two HT's to a linux PC for instance?
Do any of the baofengs have serial access for instance?
If I can access it in software I could set one up as a dedicated reciever with a omni antenna and the other as a directional transmitter for isolation.

Attached: 1988-suzuki-samurai.jpg (1066x800, 159K)

>I'm pondering how I can setup a cheapo repeater for the area.
they make these cables that hook 2 baofengs together with the kenwood plugs.
I'm sure you could splice in a raspberry pi to do additional shit like send DTMF or even listen if you're good with some programming.
Hacking into the radios to do shit like change frequency remotely might be a challenge as I don't know if there are serial control ports available or exposed on the baofengs.

>fusion n dstar are proprietary
What should a foss purist use?

>What should a foss purist use?
Roll your own DMR.
Fuck DMR Marc
Last I heard they are talking about some sort of larger scale replacement to DMR Marc anyway. But the whole 'register your callsign and only 2 DMR IDs per callsign' bullshit is gay AF. It was a system designed for failure and sure enough they did that.

I also think there is a 2nd generation of DMR radio becoming available... again I'm a little out of the loop on the current goings on.

DMR could be kind of cool, but they fucked up the ID space, and nobody is using all the channels (color codes or whatever the fuck you want to call it), and then there is the repeater bullshit that is brandmeister and motorola.

I'll come back to it in a couple years. Maybe then they will have come up with a more robust implementation for amateur use.

Thanks man.
If need be I'll just reroute the and mic and speakers analog style.

my DMR radio is a damn fine 70cm only radio.
1100 stations to plug in to listen to analog repeater faggits

also, with 1100 stations, you can have all the permutations of GMRS/FRS including PL and some of the color dot/star frequencies.

I'm sticking to my Kenwood TH-D74s, they have D-star but I've never used it.