I still haven't locked down an internship for the summer

> I still haven't locked down an internship for the summer

Am I as fucked as people go on about if I graduate college without an internship or are they exaggerating

Attached: oof.jpg (720x712, 96K)

Internship lmao. Yeah love that slave labour program.

>internship
Do americans really do this lmao? It thought it was just in the movies

Attached: hahaha.gif (500x491, 376K)

Depends on the degree

Join the Peace Corp, and build some huts in Cambodia.

Join GNU, there are currently a couple open projects to maintajn

I'm a double major in Computer Science and Economics

I did have a Business Systems Analyst Internship last summer too but I swear everyone else in class has an actual software engineering internship and I keep reading posts about the programmers who spend months after graduation jobless cuz of competition now a days

If you don't get paid it wasn't an internship you got scammed.

Everybody does that you mongoloid.
I don't know if you're a college dropout, in a shit college or you didn't go at all but in the UK, France, Germany and I guess any college in western Europe you have at the bare minimum 6 months of mandatory intership.

>granted you're actually studying something that matters in a decent college

You're fine, work on your interview skills. Internships are just signalling and a conversation topic if you haven't done anything else.

You literally need to book a summer internship by October tard ass, of last year.

6 months mandatory internship at school time, not in summer
>UK, France, Germany
However... I see these countries bootlicking in summer, so you could get a nice job. And send postcards to your family and friends still living in Middle East.

It's a strong signal if you're straight out of college. I'm worried about it too.

>got a co-op position
>Pays well
>It's in manufacturing
>I'm a fuckin physicist
Fucking reeeeee

>posts weebshit
>has no life experience

Typical.

If you're going into compsci, your college work is worthless without experience. Take a paid internship or temp work.

Internships are a joke. No one counts that as actual experience.

Not true at all.
This - if it comes down to a college student with or without experience as an intern employers will choose the one with experience. Use every potential advantage you can to land your first job, after that things aren't so bad. Don't be afraid to apply to jobs that require more experience than what you have, I've gotten a decent amount of jobs even though I didn't exactly fit the application criterion.

I didn't do any internship garbage.
I just contributed to open source.

Attached: 1558318472609.png (1500x1500, 829K)

yes

>does it for free

>wastes summer on intership instead of enjoying the last moments of your free time
I wish i havent spend it in front of the computer though, 3 years later and I have nothing but regrets to think about while I serve my 9 hours

Attached: 0989B42CFCCB478C8ED208355325FF04.jpg (750x790, 37K)

>be college senior
>last semester is this fall
>no internship yet
>ever

there are listings online still up... is it worth it to bother at this point?

Do it dude, it's better than sitting on your ass. Plus you get paid and you have some shit to put on your resume. If your trying to do graduate school though make sure whatever you're applying to is research related.

in the uk internships are payed, i dont think they are allowed to make you do it for free

Attached: 0352d61e756c4a0ba402811538f8d874.jpg (600x800, 304K)