What are these called and why are they only in Asia?

What are these called and why are they only in Asia?

Attached: 15591705010243579987020528580669.jpg (3120x4160, 2.38M)

what is it? it looks like hotel card

it's your electricity card and it's directly tied to your social score. don't fuck up, OP

I live in Thailand not China. My power is out on the card system but my fridge system is still working, ypu reckon i blew a fuse or the card part of the circuit stopped working?
In asia, you have a card you put in the wall socket to complete the circuit and have electricity. It really saves your power bill.

>It really saves your power bill.
hmm, does it cut off everything? because some things you don't want cut off, like fridge or computer. I do cut off electricity to most my stuff when I leave though, just using the button on something like this

Attached: 1558231731803.png (600x315, 116K)

They have separate circuits for the fridge so you can set up a power strip to that plug.

>In asia
I live here and I've only seen those in hotels. Don't know why you refer to your area in your country as asia

This is the single cheapest, stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

They exist in many south east Asian countries' apartments.
Y tho
It saves money

They're not just in Asia.
Source: my (relatively) upscale hotel in Texas had one
The place was fucking hipster bait though, I regret letting a coworker pick the hotel

>What are these called
Hotel card switch.
>why are they only in Asia?
I don't know. I have never been to asia.
But it is used all around the world in hotels, and russians were notorious for putting like discount cards in it, so AC keep working, while they are swimming and what not.

Reality is that this is pennies. 90% of your electricity bill are not SMPS drawing power in stand-by, but heaters, stoves, air conditioners, etc.

>In asia, you have a card you put in the wall socket to complete the circuit and have electricity. It really saves your power bill.

SEA here. We have proper circuit breakers and RCDs, not this type of dubious "keycard" "isolators" that "breaks" electricity.

Also, wouldn't it be a better idea if the circuit opens when a card is shoved in instead, as it actually increases the creepage and clearance instead of presumably leaving a short clearance which may potentially allow an arc when there is a surge/spike?

It saves money
...or just turn off the switch on the socket itself?

>Reality is that this is pennies. 90% of your electricity bill are not SMPS drawing power in stand-by, but heaters, stoves, air conditioners, etc.
This.

>only in Asia
nope
I first encountered one of these in Brentwood CA
(just up the streeet from where OJ didn't commit any crimes)
this is one of the most affluent areas in southern California and it was a nice motel.

basically, this is the electric jew
protip, get 2 room keys and leave one in the power thingy while you go out
you can jew them back and keep the air conditioner running while you are out.

Don't know in what kind of cheap shithole you live.
I live in Bangkok, never saw those outside of hotels

Eh my dorm when I used to study in Japan used them.

You're rich or something because I live in Thailand and have seen these a bunch.

It's a kappa repealer.
If you remove this, a kappa will come out of the toilet and steal your shirikodama.

because electricity costs in Asia are enormous you fucking degenerate, especially if you are running an AC

In civilized countries, we have an electrical panel with a bunch of switches for each room in the home. We also run refrigerators and air conditioners 24/7, so why the fuck would we ever turn off the main power feed?

And before someone has a fucking conniption, it's cheaper to run the AC at all times because you don't need it to work overtime lowering your temperature after you had it off the whole day while you were at work or some bullshit. By having it always set to a certain temp, the overall run time is reduced.

>it's cheaper to run the AC at all times
I'm pretty sure that's not true.

>And before someone has a fucking conniption, it's cheaper to run the AC at all times because you don't need it to work overtime lowering your temperature after you had it off the whole day while you were at work or some bullshit. By having it always set to a certain temp, the overall run time is reduced.
...or you know, just use a fan

>use a fan
>it's 38F at 90+% humidity
lel, you better feel lucky you live somewhere that isn't hell

I live in a totally normal condo in Ekkamai area. Travel quite a bit and never see it.
You guys live in total dumps I guess

>Also, wouldn't it be a better idea if the circuit opens when a card is shoved in instead, as it actually increases the creepage and clearance instead of presumably leaving a short clearance which may potentially allow an arc when there is a surge/spike?
What?

>38F
Why would anyone use a fan in that case?

Just don't be poor.

Fuck your right why didn't I think of that?

Those are electricity cards used in hotels.
Generally they do but some hotels use A/C, fridges and some power sockets separated from it.

what do you do in thailand?

im thinking about living there and working remotely if i can find a remote employer that wont try to cuck me.