So since Chrome has finally decided to jew its users in exchange for being able to use adblocking software...

So since Chrome has finally decided to jew its users in exchange for being able to use adblocking software, it's time to make the long overdue switch.
What's the best browser to transition to from Chrome?

Attached: icon.jpg (580x463, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/umatrix/
9to5google.com/2019/05/29/chrome-ad-blocking-enterprise-manifest-v3/
groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/m/#!topic/chromium-extensions/WcZ42Iqon_M
archive.vn/mN0tq
bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=896897#c23
groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/m/#!topic/chromium-extensions/veJy9uAwS00/discussion
blog.mozilla.org/addons/2018/10/26/firefox-chrome-and-the-future-of-trustworthy-extensions/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1519197
github.com/greasemonkey/greasemonkey/issues/2574
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sjwfox

ungoogled chromium / iridium
waterfox if you're feeling lucky

This. Either use that or a fork of it.

>ungoogled chromium / iridium
Those browsers, being based on Chromium, are also getting fucked by Google's adblock changes.

So no.

Do firefox forks support uBlock?

WHERE MAH FIREFOX NIGHTLY GANG AT

what browser should i use on a chromebook?

almost every browser in existence supports uBlock.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

Also, bonus addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/umatrix/

Firefox or a fork thereof is your only choice. Literally everything else is Chromium.

nah fuck that noise, ESR.

>pre-alpha
no

Attached: fx.png (321x98, 8K)

>Chrome has finally decided to jew its users in exchange for being able to use adblocking software
When did this happen? I heard rumors I month or so ago, but I thought Google backed down

how can you refuse the better colours on the logo

Attached: firefox nightly logo.png (2001x2065, 417K)

9to5google.com/2019/05/29/chrome-ad-blocking-enterprise-manifest-v3/

FUCK I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO FIREFOX BUT GOD DAMN I NEED UBLOCK ORIGIN
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

How this will affect Bromite?

Oh my, that is fucking hilarious. You've made my day user

you didn't think they were actually just going to not do that, did you? That's how you ram something through, try to do it, then back down only part way when challenged on it. Then eventually you get to the point you wanted to be at anyway.

Which, in Google's case, is preventing the browser that 90% of the web uses from blocking the ads and spyware that make 90% of Google's revenue.

What sort of retard nigger still uses chrome/chrome-based browsers?

are you retarded?

extend lines/whatever on this image, Jow Forums
what are your predictions?

Attached: browser comparison.png (1024x700, 303K)

Are you?

Google has some convenient apps that work better on Chrome. I'm probably going to continue to use Chrome only for Google shit, and do everything else in Firefox

>using google shit

Attached: look at that fucking no brain nigger monkey.png (990x682, 308K)

Jow Forums - Google Chrome

Attached: chrome.png (720x351, 133K)

Not using Chrome used to be cope. Now it's just retarded

Attached: 1559174737060-15591747370601.png (1319x704, 381K)

Are you fucking kidding me ?
Enterprise paid versions?, is this the final kill for chromium also?

You're an idiot.

Use an android adblocker like dns66 or personaldnsfilter

>massive fall in marketshare
>not made up anywhere else
Are you retarded?

Yeah, why?

Edge could unironically capitalize on this with their fork.

>is this the final kill for chromium also?
Why wouldn't it be?

maybe a lot fewer people would be browsing the web in his future. which wouldn't be all that bad desu

What do you really use a browser for anyway? Most web services have apps or CLI tools, and you can use apps on a desktop machine easily enough.

Attached: notfunny2.webm (496x272, 1.79M)

Unbranded Firefox

Firefox + mitigation preferences in user.js or a fork of firefox (or seamonkey). Or otter browser. Or falkon. Nearly everything else is a chrome/chromium reskin botnet.

Guess you fags will have to learn how to block unwanted content by hijacking your own browser.
A fork of chromium could conceivably omit the newest faggodelics, the way palemoon did to FF.

Waterfox

thats why I chose it desu

Out of the loopfag here, what happened?

Nothing you'll notice, or ever connect to the consequences.

>Nothing you'll notice
good goy

Nice try Shekelstein

what version of chrome will they implement this?

Ok. Never used Firefox before but it looks like I'll have to switch. Does it let me sync all my shit with a gmail account?

>firefox still has no stylebot equivalent extension
i'll be using google chrome forever

Attached: 1544855563109.jpg (320x320, 23K)

Stylebot is open source and forkable you botnet embracer.
Also:
>what is Stylus.

Great well Stylebot has millions of users and not a single person has forked it. And you think I will? lol
>what is Stylus
exactly. It's nothing like Stylebot whatsoever. I like stylebot because I can instantly point/click changes and instantly edit down to the code level. Can't do that simultaneously with Stylus.

Can you quantify that claim?

So when is this garbage going into effect

He's referring to the slashdot article which uses the term chromium. No one has confirmed whether this will be a chrome or chromium specific change, and even if it is a chromium change, forks will come. There is no way in hell they can prevent a chromium fork from supporting the old feature.

continued.
Not to mention the fact that it won't happen for awhile. There is no reason to jump ship until it does. Chromium still has a performance and stability advantage over Firefox on desktop.
But yeah, guys, use whatever browser you want.

No ETA so far, so possibly later this year.

I don't think anyone can right now it would be just speculation but I wouldn't put it past google to make it so using the add blocking functionality on non enterprise would be illegal thus preventing any major chromium based browsers from having proper ad blocking. That would mean you'd have to use some shady fork from dubious sources and there'd always be a looming threat of take downs over its distribution. Eventually things will become so borked that no one bothers trying to put proper ad blocking back in. That's how google works they make you do the things the way they want and break the fuck out of everything that doesn't fall in line. Google is the modern day internet exploder.

Jow Forums x runs like shit in Firefox

Google is removing the API that lets adblockers like uBlock Origin function, unless you pay for an enterprise license.

Lol I haven't updated Google in like over a year

What happened?

groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/m/#!topic/chromium-extensions/WcZ42Iqon_M
They aren't killing adblockers, just changing how they behave, and aren't releasing the new API until it has matured enough to facilitate content blockers.

Wow look at that, slashdot, OP, and a billion other spam journalism sites being sensationalist. Who would've thought?

>Additional Actions and Conditions: We plan to add support for matching based on more conditions, such as resource size, and will provide actions to modify parts of a request instead of just blocking it, such as stripping cookies. We are also investigating other conditions and actions that may make sense to add, such as matching based on top-level domain
>we are committed to supporting extensions in Chrome. We will continue to work with developers. We won’t launch Manifest V3 until it is ready, and there will be a migration period in which we can continue to address feedback and issues. We will not remove support for Manifest V2 until we are confident in the platform.
>Please continue sharing your feedback with us (preferably in specific threads, to make tracking easier). We are especially interested in hearing about specific capabilities and use cases that are not possible with the latest Manifest V3 design proposal.

Yup end of the world alright.

Attached: received_629831444148959.jpg (664x750, 62K)

Jesus, this. I don't know how all these anons can stand it.

How much is jewgle paying you, rajesh?

>we're gonna do it
>but we're gonna have things that are worse than the old style people used to use, but we still get to waste your time
I can tell a women is in charge of the project.

10k global entry limit for all rules based "blocking" with the new system. My router alone has over 70k entries for blocking. Suck google's cock harder you shill.

Attached: go_block_yourself.png (534x110, 6K)

Archive link for the JS-disabled:
archive.vn/mN0tq

Unless they make core features dependant on these extension api changes, MS, Brave, Vivaldi, etc, can just keep their forks without disabling that functionality.

right?

No they are killing ad blockers.
You can read the ublock origin/umatrix author's comment on it here.
bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=896897#c23

groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/m/#!topic/chromium-extensions/veJy9uAwS00/discussion
30k but still not better and in all the time since that post, an active thread shows they're still not expressing any interest in increasing it, and have 0 interest in removing the pointless ass fucking limit.
Yup, the team hasnt been listening to feedback at all, I'll admit I was wrong and retarded. I'm not above that.
Mozilla is still for trannies and niggers tho and I'll never use it regardless.
See pic related. Ungoogled-chromium will still go on and will adapt to the situation as it develops. However it will likely not be as simple as keeping the old API. Development of these highly valuable extensions may stop. Functionality they offer may be integrated into ungoogled-chromium as it evolves and gets rebrands as well for legal reasons, like Bromite has it baked in.

Attached: Screenshot_20190529-224240_Bromite.jpg (1440x2960, 971K)

Fucking hell I literally just switched from another browser too. I really don't want to have to start using WWW browser or Arachne in a virtual machine to browse the internet.

See
Ungoogled-chromium is already making plans to work around the manifest V3 and exclude it from future builds, replacing it with other components. The future is uncertain but it is not manifest v3 and broken adblocking. That much is certain.

brave

Brave or ungoogled-chromium which will still be built to block ads even if it means adopting Braves adblocking engine components.

sorry for being a slave of chink mining but. will opera be affected by this too?

iridium

Attached: dancing.gif (300x385, 3.92M)

>he thinks Firefox is safe
blog.mozilla.org/addons/2018/10/26/firefox-chrome-and-the-future-of-trustworthy-extensions/
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1519197
This and Firefox has already sucked on Google's cock for years (in fact their biggest revenue come from the contract for using Google as the default search engine)

Neck yourself, disgusting pedo degenerate.

>projecting
You must really hate yourself

Attached: pidgeon.jpg (960x942, 40K)

>ungoogled chromium
No such thing

Use Adnauseaum

user are you alright? addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

Doubtful. The serious forks like Brave and ungoogled and Opera will not implement manifest v3 and already are planning around it.
Quantifiably false. Suck more tranny dick, Mozillan.

Safari + 1Blocker doesn't have this problem.

I really want to believe that normalfags would go against this but what's most likely to happen is that they'll just eat this shit up and pay the monthly 10 dollar fee to avoid changing a few settings here and there.

They'll either use the neutered adblockers, firefox, or brave. Something easier than paying for enterprise.

If only Brave was not a botnet and supported custom lists

Linux mode, use Firefox or Icecat

ublock is a shady fork of ublock origin. only use ublock origin

Just wait. Eventually ungoogled-chromium and Bromite will implement such features baked into the browser. The only reason they don't yet is because they are not forced to yet, and in the case of Bromite, they are still overcoming some of the technical issues involved.

brave is a shitty sellout. not better than chrome

>implying Mozilla is a moral corporation and won't just copy Google after 12 months and make excuses about how they need to in order to standardize the web etc.
Forget Mozilla already, shit. They are not good people. Find something else. Brave, ungoogled, icecat, any other project that has some autonomy from Mozilla and Google, literally the apple and Microsoft of web browsers.

We were speculating about normies and what they will do, not what is recommended...

probably why I said Icecat retard

the problem is that Brave's adblocking feature is deeply integrated with their own code, it will require a ton of time to backport it

There is still time to work out a solution. Bromite has developed built in adblocking, and is working on adding whitelist and custom filters next. They work closely with ungoogled as well. Time will tell.

How the fuck do I get noscript captcha working on firefox with 4chanx through tampermonkey?

It never works.

Is there a single browser that supports following add-ons or has a feature-complete alternative for them:
1. uBlock Origin
2. uMatrix
3. Vimium

And is not Firefox or Chromium forks.

Attached: 1559202667255.jpg (1040x780, 121K)

idk about tampermonkey, but regular greasemonkey is broke
github.com/greasemonkey/greasemonkey/issues/2574
violentmonkey works fine here

Attached: Screenshot_20190530_030938.png (667x634, 187K)