Jow Forums clone

If you were to write a Jow Forums clone, what tech stack would you use?

Attached: 11-Top-Programming-Trends-To-Look-For-In-20172.jpg (734x394, 232K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cloud.google.com/apis/design/
Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reddit

Trannyscript

Attached: 1557544513487.png (1788x1224, 1.58M)

HTML and vanilla JS. No disgusting CSS shit nor nigger JS frameworks

django postgres html CSS and probably some serverless aws bullshit

Rust :3

assembly

I already made one using Mongo/Express/React/Nodejs
It's way better than Jow Forums

I'm not a web dev code monkey so idk. Can't you do something like Jow Forums with just html5?

This.

Really the only stack you need.

Did one using dot net core with sqlite and angular 7.

Whatever it worked.

you need some server scripting at the very least, you don't need client side JS though

Some Http library and #include

BCHS, of course.

Attached: antinatalist luke.png (559x397, 33K)

He'd steal Jow Forums's code the same way moot did with futaba.

Clean room C

I'd make it so that the server emulates the entire electronics of a computer I virtually build myself and run a self-made OS with the backend on it.

postgresql
Go with a well-defined, versioned protobuf API served through gRPC and http1.1/JSON
vue.js

cloud.google.com/apis/design/ is the bible of API design

React, MySQL, spring

Nodejs, mongodb, react, bootstrap, aws.

Attached: 1484322770510.png (399x322, 42K)

classic microsoft ASP running on mono running on a bunch of thinkpads running gentoo running qemu running cluster knoppix. all rendering would be done by server side functions that subprocess call to cmd.exe to use powershell to string concatenate the html back to the client.

data backend would be with ms access running on a windows xp vm hosted on a raspberry pi connected to a usb zip drive for extended volume storage. the backend database will contain only a single table, with a manually managed primary key and a data column. a perl script will be used to write a custom ADO.net adapter for returning the data to a microservices that converts the data to json for the custom ORM written in Go called by the ASP backend using IPC and COM interop (the go binary runs in a C# exe via STAthread subprocess in mono).

all web pages would run directly from source, with the source code stored directly on the server. version control would be done with copies of the entire site directory rsynced from the latest folder. older versions would be zipped up and tar'd to floppy disk.

multi-site cloud scale replication would be implemented using sql server replication with the entire website served from a sql clr query that a single cgi script uses.

an nginx load balancing proxy would be placed on a cluster of ps3's in gamestops with wireless internet connected to the nearest mcdonalds. dns would be handled using dynamic dns. each nginx instance would be running a vpn back to the cloud scale cluster knoppix cluster.

a hudson pipeline would be configured to perform updates by emailing attachments of the latest code to a web server that has a cron job to scrape updates from the mailbox and scp them to the latest folder that gets rsyncd.

acceptance testing will be done with a deep convolution neural network that checks the bitmap rendering of the production site gathered via selenium and then run against a training set of the known working site.

Flutter

shy is best

This is the only correct answer, although i can be persuaded away from mongodb

Attached: 150-extra-engineers.jpg (1600x2054, 705K)

OK, fuck it. An ssh server where people make posts by editing a text file.

That's literally a thing

Here's your modern Jow Forums clone.

Attached: 1533297656493.png (800x1381, 1.91M)

gud god

>that butthurt intcel at the bottom
based

Python 3 in CGI, and HTML 3.

>basta vergara, anda a dormir que tenes escuelita

Didn't YouTube just replace JavaScript with some other shit that is like 20x faster? Saw some article about it but didn't really pay attention. Use whatever the fuck that is.

hasta aca llegaste vergara?
>hide

this and this

JAJAJA vergara hijo de puta, piensa que sabe ingles

who's vergara?

just steal the code, that's how Jow Forums was made by a 15 year old

Congratulations, you made a site that looks worse than Jow Forums back when frames were a thing. Unless you're going to either style every element individually or do some stupid ass JS solution.

WebAssembly is about the only thing they could replace it with and even with the disturbingly large market share that Google has over the browser market it would probably be a major disaster to port over everything to it until long after everyone stops caring about shit like IE

you are vergara

frames still are a thing on Jow Forums.

Jow Forums.org/frames

Go stdlib

/thread

Idiots. idiots everywhere

run old youtube and be surprised how fast this shit is without angular bs

Erlang or Go with nginx+unit

I like the way threads are rendered. The original post is in a column to the left and the replies are on the right that you can scroll through while the left column stays still. The front page is too slow and I prefer the use of white space used in catalog mode on Jow Forums.

Is there any tutorials on how to get lynxchan running? Ive had a bit of trouble and lots of confusion.

Linux
Apache
Mariadb
C
html/css and vanilla js for frontend

>stack
But then I'd have to read the most recent post first. I'd use a stack for the threads but a queue for the actual posts. A stack of queues!

26 instances of the same python script from an always-on thinkpad in my garage through four stolen wifi connections

>no CSS
Yikes

memescript

Jow Forums is such a simple concept that'd it'd be pretty comfy to write it in C.

Rust or Phoenix Framework, probably the latter

Did he lose a bet?