Press power button on computer

>press power button on computer
>can instantly log in to os
HDD boomers will never know this feel

Attached: 20-147-467-07.jpg (640x480, 17K)

why the hell are you cold-booting all the time? Suspend-to-RAM is even faster and works well.

>instantly
No such thing.
There will always be a certain amount of delay.

i have a 970 and my bios is so fucking slow i hardly notice the "upgrade" from my sata ssd

jokes on you, I have an HTPC with no GPU using this bad boy, I press the power button, count to 3 and windows is loaded.

sorry you're retarded and can't configure fast boot

sorry it's on ultra fast boot

Attached: autism-asshole-disease.jpg (600x750, 45K)

that is not the only setting you need to have, tismo

NVMe drives actually tend to take slightly longer since PCIe boot devices need to be initialized separately from SATA during the POST process.

So if you just have a SATA SSD it'll actually likely boot faster.

I can deal with 2 extra seconds on cold boot if it means no overheating issues.

Attached: sandisk-x110-128-gb_1[1].jpg (2400x2000, 225K)

i cant imagine what was going through your mind while making this post

Attached: Iron_Ingot.png (160x160, 320)

When I press the power button on my computer it turns off regardless of my storage. You must be doing it wrong op

But why? turning on a desktop means you'll be there for a good while, from 30 minutes to 12 hours. If you need something RIGHT FUCKING NOW use your phone; to access shit fast (and for the net to track all your moves and dessert thoughts) is why it's on all the time.

what configs should I have?

Yeah new chipsets with fans, yuck.

I have an NVME drive in one of those external cases that plug in via usb and its finicky as fuck

good for loading my picture folder though

I'm sure you can figure it out if you try, I mean you knew right away that instantaneous logins couldn't be real.

>suspend to RAM
>A FUCKING STORM STRIKES
>BAM! LIGHTNING!
>POWER DOWN!
>CAN'T BOOT ANYMORE!
stupid frogposter

>put a backup os on your ssd
Heh

How the fuck would a failed resume prevent booting, both of you are fucking throwbacks.

why would you shut down your computer

You sound like a neet who doesn't pay for his own power

This. Are you so poor you do it for your power bill?

do not respond to namefags

Even if your computer is left on 24/7 and we assume a retarded high average powerdraw of like 250w, that's MAYBE $15-20 a month total.

And that's an insane assumption, my computer idles at like 70-100w when all the monitors and shit is turned off.

Poorfag hahaha.

>image is 320 bytes, thumbnail is 2119 bytes

I would prevent your mom booting!

>cant afford the powerdraw of a lightbulb

i want to reply to you in a sarcastic and hurtful way beause of how badly you handle replies, hell you even thought i was that other user even though my grammar cant be any more different, but i appreciate your posts on the thinkpad generals, so im not gonna

>implying my Amiga 500 didn't boot from rom instantly back in the day

M2s are absolutely horrible. They are tend to short out and overheat at a much higher rate than anything else. I'll stick any other non-idiotic SSD.

this doesn't work for me because i have multiple operating systems installed so the boot loader pauses for a second to let me select if i want. also the network boot option shows up but i never use that so i should disable it

I'm only booting once per day. who cares.

Windows update was fucking up my HDD and making my computer basically freeze up. Maybe this was just because the government hacking tools got leaked. But I upgraded to nvme ssd and it works now. I don't think microsoft even supports HDD as anything other than a media drive anymore.

You were too stupid to think of something clever basically.

I'm always doing something else when I turn it on out of habit from dealing with computers for a long time. I'll stick with my boomer tech and comfy clicks for a little while longer.

why bother? just leave you system running 24/7 dummy

are you trying to make your original autism related post even more ironic on purpose?

Not at all.

I just find it offensive that some queer has a hardon for me and pretends hes "not going to diss me even tho he really wants to".

lmfao'ing at how much of a beta faggot autist this kid must be atm.

Win10 is such a shit experience with an HDD
I had an SSD in my desktop even before I went to Windows 10 so I never thought nothing of it as everything was just fine and dandy like Win7 was but then I had the displeasure of having a Windows 10 laptop with an HDD
Whats funny was that even Linux was a bit of a shit show, Updating packages from a fresh install with SSD? a minute or two
Updating packages from the same distro but using an HDD? Fucking 45 min

if this is your way of projecting or coping, so be it, then

If someone argues that instant isn't real and ignores context and implication in favor of his own literal interpretation to the detriment of literally any non-autistic person, he forfeits any conceivable amount of respect from literally anyone and is fair game for straight up trash talking.

Bottom of the rung shit, genius bait or literal autist.

You lost, autist.

It wasn't a contest.

I always just put the PC to sleep.

Unless somethings fucks up and I have to restart, or if there's a storm.

I've had my windows installation fucked pretty hard by a storm, PC went out out during sleep mode and ntfs.sys ceased to exist.

this

i just dont turn my computer off...

Who cares lmao
What you're really getting from SSDs is lean and slick responsiveness, something HDDs will never do due to how accessing works.

PNG was a mistage, its currently the worst format to exist I believe.

It is always a contest when you're talking to dumb attention whoring tripfag.

LMAO. No, it's not. Also, suspend can often lead to corruption of data. Your newfag is showing.

Nice trip you fucking worthless faggot