/spg/ - Smartphone General

Peak smartphone design -edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1537379463502.jpg (4625x2944, 1.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/xiaomi-k20-_gear/
banggood.com/search/k20/0-0-0-1-3-44-0-price-0-0_p-1.html
ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-LG-V20-H910-64GB-5-7-Unlocked-Smartphone-in-Sealed-Box/142727133143?epid=900249778&hash=item213b3337d7:m:mnvLrupqFf9l_3QpuQUHIEQ:sc:AU_OfficeworksMailman!3135!AU!-1&frcectupt=true
ebay.com.au/itm/Original-LG-V20-H910-H918-5-7-16MP-64GB-4G-Android-Smartphone-Unlocked/323791398598?
reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote9/comments/bgexuz/is_this_considered_normal_for_the_note_9_battery/
mobile.twitter.com/Slashleaks/status/1134000166007169026?s=19
gsmarena.com/meizu_16xs-9724.php
gsmarena.com/motorola_one_action_does_geekbench_with_exynos_9609_chipset-news-37306.php
bgr.com/2019/05/30/pixel-4-release-date-is-close-accessory-leak-teases-galaxy-s10-design/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is samsung s10 good phone? (classic version)

Old phone died which had Swype, turns out the jew cunts stopped working on it, so naturally they deleted any trace of it ever existing.

APKs don't have the good skins that show all the secondary characters + numbers, because the Swype store is down. What a fucking shitshow.

What is the best keyboard?

I like Swype because of the gestures:
>quick select a word and delete it
>quick select a word and capitalise it
>quick swipe for punctuation (swipe from key to spacebar inputs the secondary character)

How have no other virtual keyboards done this? Such wasted potential. Gboard is shit.

Attached: no_thanks.jpg (720x692, 42K)

It's okay.

Dunno, seems modestly useful. Submit patches to anysoft or whatever open sauce keyboard.

>Gearbest's and Bangood's prices for the K20
Fuck them. How long does it usually take for the chinese jews overlords to lower their prices to decent levels? 1 Month?

Attached: redmi-k20-ecran[1].jpg (2160x1080, 204K)

Depends on supply and demand. 1-2 months usually.

What are the prices?

gearbest.com/xiaomi-k20-_gear/
banggood.com/search/k20/0-0-0-1-3-44-0-price-0-0_p-1.html

Reminder that for non-autists who just want a great phone, Huawei is the superior choice.

>orange man made Google ban them

The Android situation will be resolved.

are mobile broadband modems a better option than SIM phone faggotry yet? should be the case but, i think the american infrastructure is catered by chinkshit pony phones

Locked bootloader is an automatic no-go

CHINKED and it's not even out yet.

What phone did this and how did you measure a 1200 mAh drop? Sounds implausible to say the least.

Kiwi or Bromite
I think Kiwi is the better of the two after using it for awhile now. Quicker rendering and the scrolling is much smoother. On top of that the night mode is sweet. Can be downloaded directly from XDA Labs if ya wanna avoid the Play Store for whatever reason

Attached: 31989B0E04914CA3BD5AF54A7FA55EBB.jpg (609x700, 334K)

will they even have Global Version?
and how much it ups the price?

I'm surprised there aren't more small phones out there
Surely plenty of people prefer them? I hear family members complaining about oversized phones all the time

got my first Sony phone and it's so smooth and bae and plenty of options, feels great.
rec's for a video/article to get to know some of the features they have?
It's Xperia XA2.

Gonna get an LG V20.
I had heard the bootlooping memes. But literally everything i found online seems to show it was never actually a big issue with the V20, with only some people getting it when using shit tier usb-c cables.
So with that being the only thing making me hesitant to get one i have decided i will now.
On ebay there are apparently some that are new, but with chinese sellers. Is there anything that could be wrong with these?
ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-LG-V20-H910-64GB-5-7-Unlocked-Smartphone-in-Sealed-Box/142727133143?epid=900249778&hash=item213b3337d7:m:mnvLrupqFf9l_3QpuQUHIEQ:sc:AU_OfficeworksMailman!3135!AU!-1&frcectupt=true
I could also get a used but good condition local one for around $200, but if the above are alright i'd get one of them.

Another thats apparently new and even cheaper.
ebay.com.au/itm/Original-LG-V20-H910-H918-5-7-16MP-64GB-4G-Android-Smartphone-Unlocked/323791398598?

be wary of """new""" old phones, especially from China
they're often just resealed refurbished phones

They will when 5g is full set up as you'll find it replacing most peoples home broadband.

What's the best Android phone under $500 that works on Verizon. Note 8 owner currently

OnePlus 6T or Pixel 3a / 3a XL

I want a phone that has a good camera, what should I look out for?
- should not be flagship level expensive
- should not be one of those gargantuan 6 inch phones
- should be available in europe
I already have my eye on the pixel 3a desu, is there any other phone I should look out for?

Pixel 3a is your best option with those requirements

Has no real impact on casual users and non-autists.

Jow Forums always wants/recommends root and full admin rights, including the ability to install TWRP or whatever. Because that's the thing that doesn't bite you in the ass later.

Why the fuck wouldn't you want to have admin rights over your phone?

What bloody phone should I get? My options are
>Pixel 4 XL in October
>Note 9 Exyshit
>Zenfone 6 but the screen gives me pause
that's literally it. Note 9 is perfect but the battery life is abysmal, and so is the charging speed. The Zenfone is perfect everywhere except the screen, and I picked the Pixel 4 because it'll have SD855 but if it has the holeshit camera I'm skipping that too
what should I do

Will the Red Magic 3 work on Verizon?

I'm waiting for the reviews to come out. It's got some pretty impressive hardware for under $500.

Attached: 2Q.png (225x225, 53K)

HELP
Sony XA2
>enabled developer options.
>quick setting developer tiles
>enable RTL

doesn't change the bottom button layout. I can't have the back button on the left, not used to it.

Pixel 3a

Most people can pretty much ignore whether they have the most powerful chipset or just "some" current one. Maybe that's the thing to do.

Yeah thats sort of what i was thinking. Though that first one actually has 20 positive reviews specifically on that phone listing.
I did find another that actually seems to be sent from australia and comes with 2 year warranty from the store (not sure how much that actually means for an online only store though). only $225.

Just looked up the Pixel 4 and it's confirmed for having pillshit
so it's the Note 9 or the Zenfone 6. Battery life is important to me and the Note will only manage 6-8 hours on Exyturd whereas the Zenfone can easily get 12-14 hours
ahh, the agony of choice

install sailfish

reddit.com/r/GalaxyNote9/comments/bgexuz/is_this_considered_normal_for_the_note_9_battery/
>flagship overpriced shit
>4hr28m SoT with only 30% remaining
>first comment is 'looks good to me'
man what the FUCK

plebbit is full of basedcucks who fell for memes and vigilantly defend them

I care about new SoCs because battery life is important to me, all flagships should get 10 hours with total ease. It's a joke

if you're still here can you take a picture of something from really up close? Like a coin? I wanna know if it can do decent macro photography

mobile.twitter.com/Slashleaks/status/1134000166007169026?s=19
Oh no no the absolute STATE of Google

>those comments
how is a gaping hole on the right of the screen better than a notch?

they surrendered to the mighty (small) korean cock

How long will it take for a global k20
to release?

man, the huawei galaxy note p10 is looking really great

Attached: ripoff.jpg (2400x1345, 191K)

Get the zenfone 6

New Nokia phones coming next week, rumours point to Nokia 6.2 (global version of Nokia X71) and Nokia 5.2.

Attached: Capture1111.png (614x860, 123K)

>Centre hole punch

No fucking way that's real. That's worse than apples notch.

When's the mi a3 gonna be announced?

Attached: xiaomi-mi-a2-2.jpg (700x501, 56K)

In July, like Mi A2 was

So yboy cope
I cannot believe the sheer number of tasteless fags that exist in this world

I'll consider your suggestion.
a sony representative told me that this is the way to change the button layout and for anything else I should be approaching Android support. bug? probably.

HOLY SHIT
that photo absolutely mogs my chinkphone with gcam
fuck, should I get the Pixel 3a/XL or the Pixel 3?

Enjoy your LCD shitcam

Why not get the SD Note 9?

I can't do that faggot, import taxes and customs would make it cost 2-3x of what it does.

What country you in? If you're in the EU there's no import taxes when buying from another EU country. If you're not then I guess you're fucked.

defend this china shills

Attached: 51.png (779x518, 146K)

Which chinkphone? GCam does a pretty good job on Poco.

Attached: 00000IMG_00000_BURST20190411145302276_COVER-01.jpg (3024x4032, 3.87M)

Here you go.

Attached: IMG_20190530_170131.jpg (4032x3024, 3.05M)

JUST FUCK IT
I'M GONNA GET THE ZENFONE 6
NOTHING BEATS HAVING A PISSENING BATTERY LIFE
FUCK THE LIAR SHILLS WHO SAY THE DISPLAY SUCKS

fuck. That's pretty good

gsmarena.com/meizu_16xs-9724.php
>Snapdragon 675
>AMOLED Display
>64/128 GB ROM
>6 GB RAM
>3 cameras
>headphone jack
>4000 mAh battery
>~220€
is there anything speaking against this phone apart from the missing sd card slot?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (740x494, 39K)

>is there anything speaking against this phone
>Meizu

Woah what the FUCK
I just compared the noses of your cat and that user's cat
the Poco one with gcam takes far sharper pics, see for yourself
fuck, Pixels are a meme, all you need is gcam.

Attached: cat.jpg (1346x471, 226K)

i'd pay a lot of money for a smaller version of this with identical bezels on all sides.

Yeah, the camera is nuts. I don't take much photos and got it for the software but I might start taking more now.

It's really not. And I would rather die than buy a phone with a notch or a holepunch.

you really think the Note 10 won't have a hole in the center? lol dream on

Yeah the Poco can trade blows with the pixel but it doesn't win all the time even with gcam. Still it is a darn site cheaper, but the pixel has three years of stock android updates to consider and OLED Vs LCD.

I think the difference is because in the Poco shot the cat is facing towards the camera so the focus is on the face, whereas the cat in the Pixel shot is facing to the side so the focus is more on the side of the head / cheek area.

Should I man up and get the Pixel 3 in October, when prices tank? I won't use it for more than 2 years so don't care about long term updates. The Pixel 3a doesn't have dual front speakers or I'd consider that.

But the fur, user. The fur looks sharper on the Poco pic.

are there any new phones without the rounded corner meme?

No

What does this shit mean? Music will sound worse on the 24 bit phone?

Attached: s.jpg (764x120, 30K)

If you can wait for the 4 and afford it then sure. If this is what they can do with one camera then wtf is 2 or three gonna be like. That said I'm happy with the 3a and it does my needs.

I need to buy a reliable dumbphone. I'm thinking of the new nokia 3310 because it's pretty much the only model I know. You guys have any recommendations? Anything I need to be aware of?

24 bit is like studio quality level. 32 is just a meme and you'd need £1000 headphones to tell the difference if you could at all.

The K20 being better and will be more supported by custom ROMs.

Wrong.

I use a 3310 when I travel, it's pretty much perfect just for communication.

4 is pillshit, it's a hard pass. Unless the camera is somehow way, way better. Then I'll have to live with it

gsmarena.com/motorola_one_action_does_geekbench_with_exynos_9609_chipset-news-37306.php
here's ur cheap shockproof and waterproof midranger
Will it be any good,/spg/?

Attached: one action.jpg (727x476, 38K)

>holeshit
le sigh

>t. Staxfag

>punchhole
No.

same, i wanted shockproof and waterproof midranger for a long time and i feel monkey's pawed

Really? Such a shame. I'd wish this bezzel-less meme would fucking die already. Symmetry is more appealing to the eye than no bezels and a stupid fucking hole or notch.

such is life
give it 2 years and some problems will be fixed forever (in display cameras eliminating notchshit, super fast charging so battery life won't matter since you can just 0-100 it in less than 30 minutes)

also double the price

bgr.com/2019/05/30/pixel-4-release-date-is-close-accessory-leak-teases-galaxy-s10-design/
>exciting redesign
I just want to strange everyone who likes pillshit or notchshit, it's an absolute abomination.

Jow Forums absolutely BTFO

Attached: hkv031r9xrw21.jpg (750x846, 55K)

>chinee girl parroting whatever her PRC party member sugar daddy tells her to
lol at you for taking some cloth headed bint at her word

>she says this while she posts from an iPhone
kek

>tfw i will have to mange with hole shit until Motorola perfects in display cameras
that's actually [spoiler]okay[/spoiler]

Attached: 1553015795919.jpg (790x645, 189K)

After you get used to it the notch is barely a second thought.
Better to use the bezels to have screen real estate than literally waste the space with nothing.
t. 6T user

Samsung or some chink company will do it first, and then continue to perfect it. Motorola is about as relevant as HTC or LG.

Phone for wife needed.

Req: Camera equal to or better than Mi Mix 3. Ideally best possible. No pixels, no Samsungs.

What are my options? Some Huawei?

>REAL ESTATE
an extra 1-2cm matters for fuck all when phones these days have 6-6.7" displays
just fuck off faggot, fuck right off