youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - If on sale for HEDT usage
>R7 3800/X - Best for gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X - Budget HEDT, launching 7/7
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and performance regression
>You may want to wait to buy an X570 board even for a sale price 2600/X, for future upgrades. B550 boards will likely launch in August

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>Above Vega offers progressively poorer and poorer value. Wait for the RX 5000 series
2160p (4k)
>Wait for RX 5000 series

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: You must upgrade.jpg (1400x911, 376K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/m9hDP3
pcpartpicker.com/list/KfpgV6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Even if the Navi is good, my budget will be ~$400 australian, which means it'll be out of my price range. So what used card should I go for at 1440p? gtx 1080, v56 (can turn it into a v64)....suggestions? currently on an rx480

Attached: 1406903735124.png (673x604, 306K)

Would RTX2070 be enough for 4K, If I don't plan on playing every new game on ultra?

>2160p (4k)
>>Wait for RX 5000 series
2070 is not enough for 4k retard

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and performance regression
source: my ass

Going to build a server, can I passively cool a 95W TDP i5-2500k without problems?
If so, what's a good passive cooler to run?

Will 1st gen ryzen cpus work with x570 boards? odd question but I haven't seen confirmation, I want to get my x570 board first and then wait for the 3900x to go on sale.

Rate my mini-itx build ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/m9hDP3
(in canadian $).

This is an integrated graphics build that can play minecraft and team fortress 2. I also intend to replace the CPU with a "renoir APU" once they come out in 2020. X470 has been said to be compatible with ryzen 3.

I purposely picked a long warranty PSU and ssd storage with the highest durability TBW so they can be used again with new APU cpus as they come out.

Man I really want the Gigabyte X570 Xtreme but their shitty software

that's stupid tho, what u should do is wait for the x570 to go down on sale also as according to "leaks" they are expensive
also u can get a 2600 for the same price as a 1700
which 1st gen cpu would u even get?

Attached: 1553707197167.gif (260x146, 903K)

Even an RX580 is "enough for 4K" if you play on low enough settings or old enough games.
Wait so prices go down, retard. $400+ GPUs are awful ass value right now.

According to the table, they do not.
Why would you do that? Why buy an expensive board and have a CPU with PCIe 4.0?

Yes, you can.
Le Grande Macho.

Attached: ug2ahg9soo031.jpg (4000x2250, 1.18M)

>Zen 2
Meh. I know I need to upgrade my 4c/4t eventually but buying a new CPU and motherboard is starting to look expensive. Since these mobos only really seem to be compatible for 1-2 generations I'm seriously considering a 2600X/X470.

why dont u get b550 faggot?
or just use a x470

y'all are dumb as redditors

Hey, faggot, I don't know which CPU to get. Yeah I'm being bitchy but my CPU choice between Zen+ vs Zen 2 determines how long I may hold on to it which means I may want to upgrade sooner off a 2600X which may affect my other hardware choices

>Hey, faggot, I don't know which CPU to get. Yeah I'm being bitchy but my CPU choice between Zen+ vs Zen 2 determines how long I may hold on to it
what does that have to do with the price of the mobo? zen2 AND zen+ obviously will work perfectly on a b550 or x470 retardo

>which means I may want to upgrade sooner off a 2600X which may affect my other hardware choices
ddr5 is around the corner so neither are futureproof

How do you change the soc voltage on the MSI motherboards?

advanced - oc - cpu nb/soc voltage - override mode

what tools do you use to clean your computer and how often do you repaste?

Microfiber cloth, cotton buds and an old toothbrush.
You don't need to repaste.

>NEVER use only a single stick
Why?

Massively reduced memory bandwidth.

>ddr5 is around the corner so neither are futureproof
Not him, but DDR5 won't be worthwhile for quite a bit after release, if DDR4 is anything to go by

The new X570 boards from Gigabyte looks really nice. A shame they're from Gigabyte and not Asus

CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
GPU - not needed
Motherboard - ?
RAM - ? (128GB though)
SSD - 256gb el cheapo

I don't really want to spend a fortune, but can spend a couple of thousand if I have to

Anyone here familiar with BCL-overclocking non-K Skylake-CPUs? I have pic related on bios f5g and an i5 6500. Bios has never been on a newer version than f5g either.
In theory (and demonstrated by people like Der8auer) i should be able to up the chipset base clock and / or the multiplier, give it some more juice and be able to OC my non-k i5, but i'm not getting shit. Did Intel patch this out via windows updates or what?

Attached: BG524GI_136147_800x800.jpg (800x800, 154K)

I have a pretty retarded pc building question Jow Forums.

I've never build a pc before, but I plan on building my first system when zen 2 comes out. Now the new x570 mainboards look fairly expensive, and since I'm on a tight budget I considered getting an older mainboard that can be made compatible with a bios update.

But without the update the cpu won't work, but without a working cpu I can't update the bios. Is there any solution for this? I don't have any older cpus lying around that I could use, but I feel like there most be a solution for this. Do shops generally offer this as a service, because otherwise I don't see any obvious solution.

Attached: b906daf7f68904efbfd596b14c69edf1.jpg (743x496, 52K)

>$500 CPU
>Easily $400 motherboard
>128GB of RAM (cpu can't support that much but w/e)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cheaping out on SSD
weak shit bud

when zen+ rolled around amd mailed one-core QA duds to people who bought x370/b350 boards and zen+ cpus as a loaner chip for patching the bios. i assume they'll over the same service again.

>*offer
fuck

What the other user said, and also some higher-end mobo's let you flash the bios from a usb stick

I did it once, it disables AVX and cripples the CPU in anything that uses those instructions.
Not worth the effort.
It'll also corrupt your nvme ssd if you have one.

Even lower end MSI boards have that.

Jow Forumsentoomen, how does this look? I'm going to use my current 1060 6gb until Navi hits the shelves, I'm looking to stay below 1200 total.

Attached: 2019-05-30 12_38_05 PCPartPicker.png (993x534, 43K)

I've been told 64mb of RAM is minimum for the sims I want to run on the machine. Why can't the CPU handle 128gb of RAM?

R5 2600X with a RX 590
Or
i5 9400f with a 1660 ti

I have about $700 US and only want to game.

Attached: Elektronenroehrenauswahl.jpg (2468x1200, 488K)

I just got a Corsair 250D case. What parts should I get first?

literally wait for the 3700x moron

The second

Cause it just can't. It's not supported, and no motherboard with an AM4 socket will support that amount of RAM as well. You need a Threadripper or Xeon for that amount of RAM.

Post a webm of those girls dancing please.

>how often do you repaste
if you don't get a sudden spike in CPU temps you don't have to replace it

Thanks.

So I guess there will be a way to do it after all. Now I just have to hope AMD sends out those cpus again, or I'll have to check out this usb method.

Alternatively just buy the cheapest compatible CPU from amazon then return for refund when you're done with it.

reminder to wait for benchmarks

like we even have a choice, they aren't for sale until after benchmarks.

might be a good idea. I'll see how things look by then.

you don't need to buy on day one

I finished assembling this yesterday. Haven't turned it on since i'm still waiting for the Keyboard and HDD to arrive. The cable in first pic was looking hella ugly so I put the cable in front of the case, no longer goes accross the motherboard.
Price was roughly $730, i was on tight budget:
pcpartpicker.com/list/KfpgV6

Parts not shown in ppp:
- 24y hp monitor
- Acer Nitro Gaming Keyboard, Mouse, Headset (and backpack just cause)
- VicTsing Mouse Pad

Attached: ryzen5built.png (1137x923, 1.68M)

No shit.
I WANT to though. Can always return it if it's shit, based Amazon.

I just assembled my first build and my monitor is not detecting it is on, before I try and figure out what wires I need to rearrange anything I should know?

Yep, that's a low budget build.
Congrats?

also a valid strategy

Plug monitor into the GPU, not the mobo? That's like the #1 first timer mistake.

Nothing

2600 today for €135 or wait for 3600? I game at 1440p/4k 60fps

Monitor is powered on, correct input selected, verified working?

god what a pile of shit. like what kind of chink ass psu + motherboard combo is that?

GPU has all the power cables it needs attached?

My old pc is still hooked up to it, with autodetect input on, after switching to the other HDMI port after maybe 30 seconds it displays my old PC which I'm posting from
That I can tell, yes

Build photos time m8.

>get new monitor
>get this
yay...

Attached: pixxels.jpg (721x417, 106K)

Thanks. It was my first pc build.
Lots of gigabytes, for sure. Coincidence I assure you.

Attached: thatsalotofbytes.png (385x347, 245K)

Attached: IMG_20190530_121854_5.jpg (1088x1920, 603K)

Not worth waiting if you're not at 144Hz

Neither, R5 2600X with 1660Ti
Retard

Gigabyte doesn't really deserve all the hate they get

Complete scrub here going to build a pc for the first time just making something sure: when people talk about needing a flash drive to install window, any external HDD will do right (as long as you transfer the old files off it first)? since I don't have a flash stick

go buy a 8 or 16gb usb stick
read on how 2 install windows and you will see why

Should've gotten something higher end in its category. I got PD2700Q (comes with some sort of colour calibration certificate too) and it was fine. Chances are, if they notice bad pixel on one of those panels, they relegate into a lower end product.

I don't think that works, no.
Don't ask me why but that's how I remember it.

>if they notice bad pixel
There is no human QA on consumer LCD panels anymore. It's a lottery.

Guess I'll buy a 2600 then, sell the bundled games and only upgrade when DDR5 is a thing

(not him) well I DID manage to install windows from iso file onto a SSD using qemu and it worked outside of qemu fine. Probably not what OP was thinking of.

>comes with some sort of colour calibration certificate too
Those don't even work that well, I have seen them(not all, or even most) be shit in terms of calibration out of the factory, so that fancy paper means jack shit.

But why though? You just need to have windows on there, plug it in via USB, boot from it once, then tell it to install on the regular internal SSD, right? What difference does a regular USB stick compared to a normal external HDD make?

That's what I'm saying. PD2700Q seems to be marketed as kinda professional. Even if it's on the low end of "professional", the chances that there's some human QA are higher.
I did not care much for the certificate, I just mentioned it to illustrate that they put at least SOME effort into making the product match the marketing.

Found this 2060 for 350 euros anyone know if it's any good for the price [spoiler] never bought asus b4 [/spoiler]

Attached: Asus Dual GeForce RTX™ 2060 OC.jpg (500x500, 45K)

It's shit mate

the heatsink from the picture looks good. 2 fans is enough. Check how many VRM phases it has and how many heatpipes.

Fuck me.

I want to run an application that runs sims. I am buying a machine to do this (I normally use a macbook).
It needs 64mb of ram minimum.
The software will be custom compiled for my hardware.

If I get a ryzen and use 64gb of ram am I capping myself for the future?

My dick is ready for 3600X+RX 5600 midrange combo.

hey guys, should i go into that whole rtx 2000 bullshit or get gtx 1080 or just wait for navi

Potentially? I don't really know your usecase much so I can't say. You can just wait for Threadripper 3 if you want the new hotness

If you're the user who helped me last night, I was gonna say I just hit 3466 CL14 on this board without changing anything else on the XMP

Pretty stoked about that, I couldn't even get 3200 CL14 on my last board, I used to think MSI was pretty trash tier but this board is just surprising me.

I am, good luck with the stability tests.

I'm going to throw more shit at the wall and see what sticks before I reduce tmings, I tried copying like the first 10 timings from your preset and it didn't work, however iirc E-die doesn't like changing the middle main timings too much, you usually have to keep those at like 19~ if you're going past XMP.

Will probably report back later about what I'm seeing, I might even try for 3600mhz. also OC'ing on this board is way less cumbersome than ASRock, like god damn.

Attached: 1558667222822.png (860x650, 197K)

I don't particularly want the new hotness. I just fear getting ripped off.
Perhaps wait for TR3, get TR2 at the new lower price, and get 128gb of ram...?

I'm going to get a 3900X for video editing, a Navi for 1440p gayman, and a B450 motherboard.

This is the true redpilled choice.

If you don't need something immediately, of course just wait

Tough to sell the bundled games; you have to sell the account and that means both games at once

The whole drive would have to be formatted as an install drive. An 8GB USB stick is like $5, you need one for a dedicated installation stick for the future

I'm trying to build a PC for gaming on 1440p and streaming on the same PC.

I was about to order Intel Core i9-9900K and RTX2080. But seeing what AMD is about to release... should I wait? Should I replace Intel Core i9-9900K with R9 3900X? Or 3800X? Will it be worth it if we're not sure about the performance yet? Plus we don't know how tricky getting good RAM for it will be.

TR2 at the lower prices should perform great, but again, I don't have much experience with sims, or anything for which 64GB of ram is not enough.

You can probably get an equivalent pascal card used for cheaper. Wait till reviews are out. I hope you're not buying a b450 board at retail. That doesn't make any sense.

>I hope you're not buying a b450 board at retail. That doesn't make any sense.
I don't need any extra features or ports. All I need to do is run Ryzen 3000, an SSD, and an HDD.

Rate my build amdumbos

Intel i7 8700k
GTX 1660

I'll be able to run any game i like at ultra quality at 60fps.

weak GPU, get a better one

No we already know that so long as you have an x570 motherboard (they're all daisy chain with 3200 MHz min) you should be fine. The memory controller and xmp incompatibility issues were resolved already with Zen+.

RTX cards are still rip offs and you're better off getting a used 1080 ti for like $200 less.

if its used dont buy it
used RTX are artifacted GPUs almost all the time

the windows installation process will require a removable media to properly function. it was literally coded that way

>Gigabyte doesn't really deserve all the hate they get
True. Their mobos are the best hardware wise, their software isn't

My point is get it used for even cheaper.

They're still better than Asrock, fuck Asrock UEFI.