Asus X570 momboard

>2019
>all south bridge need a fan

The city of amd

Attached: 20190528_125358.jpg (4032x1908, 3.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/gigabyte-amd-ryzen-3000-pcie-4.0-x470,39377.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

blame the greedy fucking chink companies who produce these mainboards. they could easily be cooled by a proper copper heatsink. but thats multiple times more expensive than a cheap plastic fan.

>fan
>no usb4
no buy until they fix this shit

>TDP of a laptop CPU
>passive cooling

My laptop is passively cooled :)

>no buy until usb4
Have fun waiting for 2021 I guess.

11w is nothing
older chipsets went above that easily and they were passively cooled

X570 seems like a huge meme

Seriously why? by 2021 I want everything using wifi6. I only want cables in my rack at work

The rumour say 20w

usb4 is literally tb3 and intelaviv already made it available to everyone
theres just 1-2 boards shown to have it, but they cost way more than 200 bucks
its a ripoff on every aspect

first time I've heard that rumour
>11W on consumer boards and the 15W for enterprise

the most expensive gigabyte x570 mainboard, which costs $600 does not have a fan and instead uses a proper copper heatsink. so you are just plain wrong

I've heard 11W on a contestant basis up to 15W with NVMe devices in use

*consistent basis

>adding in future proofing features is bad

It's the reason why I'm getting PCI-E 4.0 on the x470 and I also have a beefy enough VRM for overclocking the 3k series.

tomshardware.com/news/gigabyte-amd-ryzen-3000-pcie-4.0-x470,39377.html

enjoy your throttling on nvme raid

~10 years ago chipsets produced more heat than x570 but were all passively cooled because they had actual finstacks and heat pipes on them

It's up to 15W, so unless you're pulling off the whole available bandwidth, which I think tops around 32GB/s for the chipset, the fan won't even turn on.

yeah dude. they totally sell their flagship mainboard without a fan because the copper heatsink isn't enough. totally dude.

Jesus Christ, all those useless plastic covers. Cringy to the maximum.
They should've made at least a plain, regular mobo, with a little bit of retro compatibility (at least one pci slot)

wtf are the inturds even babbling? Don't they fucking know that even PCIE 5.0 will have this same problem because of NvME storage?

It's only 11W, you stupid zoomer. You used to have chipsets that where passively cooled that used 30W.

Attached: 1423382342548.jpg (992x794, 116K)

>build shit for amd poorfags
>be surprised it's cheap as shit

>only 11W
*tested under idle with l-states enabled

>$800 consumer boards
Numales should be rounded up and gassed, very slowly.

This motherboard looks like a cheap Chinese toy
Why do board manufacturers bother with plastic covers which will just host dust anyways
Also why does a 15 watt chip need active cooling?

It only draws 15W when you plug an nvme raid into it anyway.

I almost agree with you here
There is no excuse for desktop platform consumer board to be $500+, It’s epeen nonsense
Motherboards are one of those things that once you get past the poverty boards there is no difference in performance between a $150 board or a $500 board
What is really sad is that these halo boards bring nothing to justify their price
Even Supermicro can bring a consumer board with PLX, 10gb NIC and a stout VRM for under $350

>10gb NIC and a stout VRM
This is literally all I want.
Speaking of which, wasn't Supermicro supposed to move back into consumer segment this year? Or was that just PR smoke and mirrors?

SuperMicro moved into the consumer segment with Z170 boards, of course you don’t hear anything about them because the press brings so little fanfare
I guess what also doesn’t help was the crock of shit Bloomberg story

Yep, now it's a tiny flat piece of alu with plastic on top. It's like they no longer know how to cool, only how to add plastic and rgb's.

>they can be cooled by a proper heatsink

>pcie offers double the bandwidth for double the power
>thinks that heat will be exchanged magically out of unicorn fart