According to the recent news chrome is going to ban adblocking for non enterprise users...

According to the recent news chrome is going to ban adblocking for non enterprise users. This means that there is a ltsc-like chrome and it means that if we are lucky we would not have to use pihole, dns add blocking, hosts files blocking and all the other working alternative adblocking methods that are a bit more annoying. So.... any idea where I can pirate the ltsc like chrome?

Attached: Google Chrome Is Now Quietly Forcing You to Log In—Here's What to Do About It.png (797x446, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html
fortune.com/2017/06/27/google-margrethe-vestager-eu-fine/
wired.co.uk/article/margrethe-vestager-eu-fines-google
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
palemoon.org/
mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
qutebrowser.org/
ghacks.net/2018/09/21/mozilla-wants-to-estimate-firefoxs-telemetry-off-population/”
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would you have to pirate a piece of free software?

>chrome
>free
WHAT? Also even if it was free, the enterprise is not free and also I was making reference ot ltsc which is also not free.

Would it affect Chromium or do we (us, the Jow Forums hivemind) move to Firefox?

Enterprise is free..the support is what costs money, $50/yr.

Learn to use a search engine.

Attached: Googlee-Chrome-Standalone-Enterprise.jpg (449x280, 35K)

Just don't use chrome

chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git

>the support is what costs money
Needing support for a browser - HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Attached: 1558522565774.jpg (1024x576, 130K)

Adblocking should be illegal anyway. A project of mine was essentially killed because large part of the users were blocking the ads meant to sustain it.

You can't make it illegal for me to decide what data my computer accepts and doesn't accept.

>conflict of interests
>it should have gone my way and the opposition should be illegal

Basically what you are saying is:
>want to have sex
>rape should not be illegal because i had i project to rape a girl but it was essentially killed because large part of the girls are running away from me

You relied on an outdated model and got punished.
>users choosing which elements their browser requests should be illegal
Now I remember that Black Mirror episode where your room is a huge video screen on all sides and you have to watch ads and if you close your eyes an alarm plays and you need to open them to make it stop

dude go write a medium blog about it and post it on hackernews
I would love to read it on my MacBook Pro in a starbucks (or while chugging some Onions)

I don't know how it will happen but I can envisage a horrible future where the web page isn't composed of elements you can see and block, but rather it's a single "flattened" element that you either load in full or don't load at all

Wow. A project of mine also was killed because I couldn't just grab and keep people's computers and make the owners provide at least one round of "services" to interested clients in exchange for returning them, despite offering some service to them myself.

Let's create a lobbying group.

but if you make a virus you can do exactly that, lol

Computer vision and neural nets will be used to identify and hide ads.

glad retards like you have very little power

Chrome isn't the only browser.

Attached: gr.gif (450x450, 764K)

> Computer vision and neural nets will be used to identify and hide
...hate speech.

>year is 2039
>all services are cloud based, including processing
>you need a custom js mainframe taking the entire basement to run the exceedingly efficient anti-ad-ai ai

>constant struggle of AIs makes all ads look like Jow Forums posts

>>all services are cloud based, including processing

Hardware as a service is the next big step.

Attached: erikaconsiderthis.png (759x624, 727K)

? how is that even remotely connected to any speech?

>I have no idea what Chrome Enterprise actually is or it's purpose, but if I meme hard-enough, I'll fit in!
Chrome is botnet bullshit, but have the decency to at least read some info before you blindly post.

eh you got me. i really have no info on the subject, but thought it was funny to need payed browser support.

> newfag who hasn't been around for long enough to see tech cycles
Dear idiot, everything works in cycles. You forget the mainframe era+thin clients? Then came the desktop then came the mainframe era+thin clients (cloud computing). Guess what comes next?

As far as OP and this nigger tier move, I can't think of any better way to destroy chrome's market share.. for good. So why stop these idiots from destroying their business? I hope they are stupid enough to push this in an update. I'll delete chrome and never consider using them again. Next up, I'll look into de-googling my life completely (especially with all the nigger tier data mining they're doing in gmail).

Lastly, a new generation is most likely going to hit a point where we, as we looked at boomers, will look at us and our norms and think were bat shit. They'll fork new tech companies that destroy the old and the rest will be the cyclical history of tech. It's not like the web has any value anymore besides being a raggedy shopping mall.. 50%+ is disinformation and bullshit

It's for IT deployment, and the only reason it's not getting cucked like regular Chrome is because business like to roll their own custom extensions. The new manifest could possibly break their legacy extensions, or cripple new ones.

None of it matters, because after everyone quiets down about this, they'll just gimp the Enterprise version eventually as well.

Only communists want people to work without getting paid.

> Everyone quiets down about this
LOL, you actually think hundreds of millions of people if not billions are going to simply sit back and accept having to browse the web w/ ads everywhere after having not done so in some cases for a decade? You're absolutely mental. I'd delete chrome within the first 5min I encounter this shit w/o a 2nd thought

what is the big difference between the 2 chromes? "it is for it departments" is not enough info on its own.

Yes, they will. Suprisingly-enough, most people that use Chrome use plain-old AdBlock, not uBlock Origin/Ghostery/uMatrix/Privacy Badger..these changes won't affect them, because AdBlock is already gimped as hell.

Welp, that's inconsequential to me because I'm not one of them. If and when google does this, Chrome is going to be deleted for Good from all of my computers/phone. I'll then take it a step forward and nuke google maps/youtube on my phone and de-google even further. I've already been getting used to firefox. Next up will be archiving my gmail and nurtering my footprint.

Enterprise is almost as customizable as FF Dev edition, unlike the normal vesion of locked-down Chrome. IT can download it, set it up with specific paramters ( don't auto-update, use only this extension, block these websites, etc.) and then deploy it to every machine in their network extremely quickly and simply.
If it were unGoogled and de-botnetted, I would use it in a second. I'll stick with Firefox, though.

What fucking retard still uses google botnet anyway?

Good for you. Let the unwashed masses run around in the botnet; the data they feed the world helps keep my software free and my phones inexpensive.

dude.... this sounds like just a better chrome in almost all cases.

>phones inexpensive

Where the fuck are you getting phones from?

Does Chromium come with Flash? that's the only reason I still use Chrome.

Is this fucking real holy shit

Back to mozarella firenogs I guess

I meant in general compared to iOS..if Google wasn't giving away it's datamining OS for free, phones-prices would be MUCH worse.

> Good for you. Let the unwashed masses run around in the botnet; the data they feed the world
More like poison the well w/ stupidity. It's going to be hilarious seeing what AI models dream up based on pleb tier input data when all of the intelligently people de-tether. Sounds like an ultimate clustfer-fuck of amplified idiocy.
> my phones inexpensive.
I'm guessing you're referring to the non-flag ship phones that cost plebs $1000 that you see every poorfag on welfare on 24/7?

there is nothing wrong with ads, retards.
It's how that "free" content you enjoy is paid for

It doesn't.

Welp, they have me by the balls, then.

Yes, that's what I tell normies too. *wink-wink*

Use ungoogled-chromium or something. The change will not come for about a year, and by then ungoogled-chromium will develop a workaround either maintaining the old API, or by implementing built in adblocking like Bromite or Brave does.

your fucking faces when google decides that "Chrome is required to view this website through Google Services"

>being this retarded
Yeah if they wanna be sued in like 50+ different countries over blatant violations of antitrust laws.
The more likely scenario is that Mozilla (financially held up by Alphabet/Google) will simply adopt the same bullshit as Google in 6-12 months after Google does in order to "standardize the web."

I feel like it was a touch early for Google to close their fist.

If advertisement networks would start serving up only banner advertisements like the "good old days", I wouldn't futz with an ad blocker. Cunts had to have their audio advertisements and zero-day-serving dynamic content, though, huh? Nah, eat shit.

Goddammit I just switched to Chrome because it works better with Amazon Prime! Guess I'll be going to Brave now. Fuck you Jewgle and fuck your ads!

Fuck your project.

Use cryptocurrency donations instead.

lmao

Sucks to be you.

>Brave
>Chromium botnet bullshit
Typical Jow Forums retard

>"B-but it has a lion like my maga stickers"
>"It must be based"

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

>google slave
Cringe and bluepilled

Chrome has had a built in adblocker that stops intrusive ads for quite a while.

Chrome will still hide ads (without blocking). You won't even understand what happened.

There was a time when Jow Forums wasn't like this

What should i switch to?

>weeaboo with moonrune name
>tripfag
>gay reddit tripcode
>retarded opinion
Eat shit and die

GNU IceCat

spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html

>Mozilla (financially held up by Alphabet/Google) will simply adopt the same bullshit as Google in 6-12 months after Google does in order to "standardize the web."

This

>browsing the web in The Current Year is literally an arms race to beat advertisers and trackers

It's all so tiresome. Time to invest in Pi-Holes and Firefox I guess

That's what I tell normies as I block all of it.
If you force me to see ads, my consumption of internet media will plummet by 80%, I can almost guarantee you that. So, what shall it be?

Why? I'll just terminate my use of that source. I've already dropped most of my youtube consumption beyond looking up repair videos. Netflix (cancelled.. became a propaganda engine). Most news is garbage sensationalist propaganda. So, I literally have most MSM sites hard blocked in ublock origin. Social media is cancer, so all of the sites are filtered in ublock origin and I don't use them. I typically use the web now for buying things and an occasional shit post on Jow Forums. I donate to wikipedia regularly.

They've already been sued for billions in the EU. It will be funny to see them strung up on even more charges...
> fortune.com/2017/06/27/google-margrethe-vestager-eu-fine/
> wired.co.uk/article/margrethe-vestager-eu-fines-google
Now she''s the EU commissions president
Fucking kek.

>gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/ for privacy
>palemoon.org/ if you need a lightweight browser
>mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ if you need a bloated browser
>qutebrowser.org/ if you want a vim-like browser

Slave? LOL. nigger please
I run ublock origin with custom rules across all my browsers. I most surely will notice if they disable it and when that occurs, it will be uninstalled w/o question and never return to my machines.

Only capitalists are greedy at every step of the way

There are already Chrome-only sites out there
It really is tiresome. One thing I've noticed as I grow older (and more cynical/jaded), however: i visit less-and-less websites that require so much diligence. Except for the occasional pirated software site, my web-browsing is generally bullshit-free.

user BTFO by based adblockers

It’s either this or the telemetry ridden browser which mozilla still creates… Yeah, I’ll keep using Chromium and maybe rely on the hosts file alone. Anything but firefox, it’s got the plague for well over a year now.

>Now I remember that Black Mirror episode where your room is a huge video screen on all sides and you have to watch ads and if you close your eyes an alarm plays and you need to open them to make it stop
I think of this a lot
An awful lot
Specially when I get an ad before a vid on YouTube and I look away and/or mute it
How long until it becomes a reality?
Face scanning and recognition is getting very good, specially since all the idiots fell for the facial recognition unlock meme

Hold on...did you actually just type that out? Firefox has more telemetry than Chromium?

Attached: 1527387572446.jpg (1871x592, 256K)

>All those replies
Was there even any doubt the reason 4channel was created was for 'better' ads?

>tfw one of those replies was me

Shoving to the user advertisements and js popups should be illegal you fucking useless pajeet Cunt! Kys!

Attached: 1425113942108.png (540x720, 597K)

That already exists, its called a JPEG.

Did you even read the whole post. He is saying that its going to be used to censor hate speech, not that is is hate speech dipshit.

Chromium.
Some modified Chromium that drops this ad blocker blocking.
Firefox.

Just don't use Chrome retard

Adblock Plus (the normie adblocker) is also affected by this change.
Chrome is fucked m8, just accept it

Adblock Plus uses the shitty old rules system, which isn't affected by this change. This is an API-change. Adblock lets paying customers circumvent the rules-list anyways, so it was shit by default.

Also, I don't use Chrome for anything other than work-related testing-purposes, so I give zero-fucks how it's userbase is affected. I just like helping Jow Forums stay informed.

I had everything telemetry disabled, and yet I received – WITHOUT CONSENT, OR ANY WARNING – the two spyware extensions, namely “[email protected]” and “[email protected]”: “ghacks.net/2018/09/21/mozilla-wants-to-estimate-firefoxs-telemetry-off-population/”
Don’t even try to defend this, I’ve heard it numerous times from different people. No. Disabling telemetry should disable telemetry. Period.
I don’t like Chromium. It is a terrible browser compared to how, in my opinion, a browser should be like (Opera v12 is what I consider a good browser; mozilla’s idea of a good browser never appealed to me, at least not from v3 onwards – I never got to use Netscape and browsers from that era). And I like Google even less. They are literally going to sell you on the first bidder. But mozilla does the same – the only difference is that Google lets you know they will do it; mozilla falsely brags about carrying their user’s privacy, which is a complete lie, probably one of the biggest lies and misconceptions attributed to a software company in this day.
I don’t use firefox anymore for personal needs. Unfortunately, due to my work, I still must keep a (portable) firefox around. On the bright side I can do everything with it locally, as long as its malware processes are running my PC does not need to be connected to the WWW in any way.
I’m still waiting to see what happens with SeaMonkey. That’s the closest thing to my idea of a good browser, but its development is very, very slow.
Lastly, I will always let everyone know what kind of disgusting company mozilla is, regardless of whether I do or do not use their browser anymore – and by the looks of it soon they will fall into complete irrelevance so I can stop keeping their junk on my PC. It’s called freedom of speech.

I have the right not to be advertised to.

>I donate to wikipedia regularly.

Attached: 1532357363870.jpg (265x266, 15K)

>I will always let everyone know what kind of disgusting company mozilla is
well, the people who can stand your body odor

Calm down Yuliya, Mozilla just wanted to know how big an issue privacy was with it's core user-base.

I for one welcome our new firefox, brave and opera overlords.

Fake news lol

>will still use android so he can continue to post about itoddlers

What is this? Chrome itself can also use group policy templates

Yes, but certain flags can't be toggled (update permissions for example)

Have a quick rundown of the differences? Might want to switch now for more granular control

Business man in suits still don't understand that people only use adblockers to defend themselves, not to fuck with them.
I had Jow Forums whitelisted while moot was here because those jlist ads were non-intrusive but when hiro started pulling off shady stuff I just blocked Jow Forums too.
Use a simple image or a non-annoying gif that fits the website's style and I won't block it, simple as that.

Attached: 1336715998124.jpg (600x600, 294K)