HAPPENING: ProtonMail BTFO'd - Swiss Lawyer Confirms PM Is Honeypot

>Swiss lawyer Martin Steiger has written an article by & large confirming that PM was a honeypot set up by the Swiss government & law enforcement agencies in Switzerland. Public prosecutor Walder of the Competence Center Cybercrime of the Zurich Canton Police first confirmed that PM voluntarily released real-time data to law enforcement, then backtracked, & subsequently wanted the lawyer to take down his article.

>Get in here & read all about if, fags:
>steigerlegal.ch/2019/05/23/protonmail-real-time-surveillance/
>archive.is/RQolG
>reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/buiul5/response_to_false_statements_on_surveillance_made/
>theregister.co.uk/2019/05/29/protonmail_dismisses_spying/

Attached: 20190528_protonmail-com_001-1200x671.jpg (1200x671, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

protonmail.com/blog/martin-steiger-false-statements/
wikileaks.org/hackingteam/emails/emailid/9289
cryptome.org/2015/11/protonmail-ddos.htm
reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/buiul5/response_to_false_statements_on_surveillance_made/
moneyhouse.ch/en/company/proton-technologies-ag-4537282131/messages?toggleMessage=HR02-1004608996
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is why it's pointless to "trust" all these fucking Free/Open Software/Privacy Focused/etc bullshit things in technology. It's all a bunch of fucking lies. Instead of using that shit and falling into a false sense of security, fight the actual problem and make a series of laws and oversights that ACTUALLY protect our privacy.

OP BTFO once again lmao

protonmail.com/blog/martin-steiger-false-statements/

Earlier today, a Swiss lawyer named Martin Steiger published a factually incorrect article about ProtonMail on his blog, alleging, among other things, that “ProtonMail voluntarily offers assistance for real-time surveillance.”

Martin Steiger’s claim is factually incorrect, and Mr. Steiger is also aware that this claim is false. Not only have we informed him multiple times that his claim is false, but the alleged source of his story, a Swiss public prosecutor, has also refuted these claims (this is hidden at the bottom of Mr. Steiger’s article).

So that there can be no ambiguity: ProtonMail does not voluntarily offer assistance as alleged. We only do so when ordered by a Swiss court or prosecutor, as we are obligated to follow the law in all criminal cases. Furthermore, ProtonMail’s end-to-end encryption means we cannot be forced by a court to provide unencrypted message contents.

ProtonMail cannot be used for any purposes that are illegal under Swiss law. Not only is this against our terms and conditions, we are also obligated by law to assist police investigations in criminal cases. However, the claim that we do this voluntarily is entirely false.

Laws are subject to interpretation, and because the relevant Swiss law itself is ambiguous, there are differing interpretations of the law. Steiger’s interpretation is different from the one taken by the Swiss government agency tasked with enforcing the law, whose directives we are legally obligated to comply with. His interpretation, therefore, is just an opinion, and not grounded in legal reality.

1/2

2/2
However, we also do not agree with the interpretation taken by some branches of the Swiss government. Therefore, we have asked the Swiss Federal Administrative Tribunal to rule on the appropriate interpretation of the law, and we will appeal to the Swiss Supreme Court if necessary. Until a ruling comes down (in one- or two-years’ time), our company policy has consistently been to take the most pro-privacy position, which is indeed the position we have taken in all our court filings.

User privacy is our highest priority, and whether it is through our technology, open source software, or through our litigation and advocacy, we are committed to protecting the fundamental human right to privacy.

Best Regards,
The ProtonMail Team

>OH NO THEY FOUND US OUT WE BETTER SAY NUH UH THEY'RE LYING
Typical bullshit.

>dude trust me we're not a honey pot haha
really makes you think
btw every single "privacy" based thing on the net is a honeypot or will give up your info the second law enforcement asks because guess what, no one wants to go to jail especially for YOU

more like typical Jow Forums being retarded and believing everything they hear

another dissing of protonmail with the same fake news

hmm

hackernews already debunked this shit

damn hackernews debunked it? I love protonmail now

Germans again or google this time?

>believing in a fucking shady company

lets recap what actually happened

>ProtonMail is – as far as is known – not yet subject to the more extensive surveillance obligations according to the SPTA

literal fake news

I do wonder OP, how much do they pay you for these daily fudge campaigns?
And don‘t you get tired of getting btof‘d in seconds every single time?
I also wonder when they will sue that retard in the ground for defamation.
Might just end up being a tad bit expensive for him.
I have yet to see anything that isn‘t completely made up bullshit when it comes to claims about Protonmail so fuck off you pathetic cunt.

imagine being this retarded

based
thanks

> HAPPENING
"In case Mr. Snowden was foolish enough to try, we have already blocked the username [email protected]"
They use their own proprietary mail protocol, sending links to other mail owners instead of the usual mail messages, urging them to open the link and read it on their server, which proves they have decryption keys.
They are glow in the darks and they warn you about it.

Attached: 1518102725508.png (655x335, 195K)

it amazes me how people can lie so much and get away with it

Good thing I didn't migrated my cockli emails to protonmail

Attached: 1545658704739.jpg (600x801, 129K)

I just use sdf.org and if I need to send a private message I write it in a one time pad cypher and use an anonymous remailer, through the USPS.

i moved mines back to outlook

>gets called out on his previous thread about the lies
>decides to make a new thread about the same thing
>still getting called out for his lies

(((Stieger)))

ok bros, i don't think there's any other way to say this:
this is epic

Attached: .jpg (1024x576, 47K)

I haven't posted here in awhile. Isn't lavabit back? Are they trustworthy?

You must be /u/Dindu1. Nice comments. Fuck them for being anti free speech and being so fucking vague all these years and pussy footing around admitting how much they cooperate with the law. They're literally no better than fucking HushMail in Canada. ProtonMail is fucking hot ass.

>protonmail sends faggots like you to defend this
lmao, protonmail is fucked

Can you use a cock.li email address with an alias somehow and still preserve the same privacy standards cock.li holds? I love the sound of the service he offers but holy shit those domain names.

Jokes on you cock.li will never rat me out to glowniggers. I never tristed protonmail.

Attached: 1557676593897.jpg (600x867, 56K)

Fucking faggots believe Swaziland got superior privacy laws because of the banking secret that has been abolished.
>Hello My name is Beni Weder. I am working for Zurich state police in Switzerland. I got your contact information from Alessandro Fontana ROS in Trento. He suggested, that I call Marco Bettini. We would like to discuss a certain solution your company is offering to Law enforcement agencies. Could you please answer my mail, so we can start a discussion? Best regards Beni Weder
wikileaks.org/hackingteam/emails/emailid/9289

t.Beni

Attached: Beni-Weder.jpg (1600x1200, 87K)

>trusting a server you don't own
>trusting internet-based communications at all
Lel

Attached: 1554992024390.png (452x613, 174K)

Well, you're not even that wrong on cock.li, anonhandsome. It's actually quite o.k.
>ProtonMail is anyway financed by (((them)))

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 11K)

>holy shit those domain names
airmail.cc
>Should be o.k.
Aliases don't work.

There is no "privacy standards" for cock.li. He outright states he is going to hand the shit over to a real police subpoena, he just shit tests the fake ones until he gets real subpoenas and posts listings of successful subpoena and the context. I don't trust cock.li beyond using it for shitty sites that I expect to spam the fuck out of my email.

>Germans again or google this time?
Nope, nigger. OP is from heroic Switzerland. & now go to bed.

>not using [email protected] as main address
you don't like fun or something

>(((Stieger)))
It's "Steiger", you nigger. A typical Swiss last name. From the name you see that he's protestant.

>He outright states he is going to hand the shit over to a real police subpoena
Yeah, at least he's honest. And - as I heard - in the past he even responded to your e-mail -for fun. However, you can use encryption software when using cock.li, such as BestCrypt Text Encoder.

What are the best VPNs, Jow Forums?

Your own

No.

Damage
Control

This sums up quite clearly, that steiger has misquoted and skewed the prosecutors words very drastically. The world voluntarily makes a huge difference in what is actually happening

N I G G E R
I
G
G
E
R

>reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/buiul5/response_to_false_statements_on_surveillance_made/

>redditor

Whoa wudda thugt

>unironically linking to plebbit
kys yourself

Attached: 1522772165138.png (734x1018, 71K)

YOU DON'T NEED TO TRUST YOUR COCK, ONLY YOURSELF.

Attached: VCkawaii.jpg (506x507, 70K)

This.

Saying
>we can't give the contents
and conveniently omitting
>but the metadata is actually what the cops want the most anyway
is intentionally misleading and deceptive.

A-at least they believe in diversity.

>we can't give the contents
Good point, user.
>"We Kill People Based on Metadata"
>General Michael Hayden

Make sure to use the cock.li tor hidden service.
Feel free to double check the address.
mail.cockmailwwfvrtqj.onion/

Honestly, at this point, no sane, tech-savvy person would communicate via email while engaging in illegal activities.

There are far better options at this point available even to pleb tier techies.

nice fake news

even the lawyer retracted it

>even the lawyer retracted it
Who cares if the fact is that they can and will collect the metadata on you for anyone with a court order?

Yeah I guess you run every server for every online service you use.

cope more shill

>imagine spending a day shitting at protonmail on Jow Forums

>he doesn't understand that if you do it right, no trust with the host is required

>make a series of laws and oversights that ACTUALLY protect our privacy.
You sir an an actual retard... LOL

If your shit runs on someone else's system or from a codebase you can't triply verify is backdoor free + an outside monitoring real-time system to confirm it isn't leaking like a siv, that shit aint secure. Anything that flows across pipes you dont own isn't secure.

Pretty much nothing is technically secure. Laws and bureaucratic bullshit wont protect this. The funny thing though about this 24/7 monitoring and eavesdropping is that it gives whoever is doing so a false sense that they know what's going on in the world, why, and can project this understanding forward. I can't think of a better and more idiotic way than to crash this whole circus than to continue on w/ such an idiotic mindset. So, i literally have no problem w/ what is being done. An easy way to create absolute chaos and destruction is to continue to squeeze and control something to its limit... Everything in the universe reflects that this results in epic chaos. LOL

> I know what you've been doing in ever second of your life and i'm not going to stand for it
repy: Oh yeah? She goes off and sucks a bus load of dicks, films it in 4k, and mails you a copy.

Attached: the_wheel.png (698x717, 210K)

Yeah no shit. Pretty much every company that sells you privacy is a scam. Nobody is going to put themselves in a position of legal liability to protect you. When the feds come knocking they're handing your shit right over. Trust no one. If you want privacy remove as many third parties as you can. Host your own mail server.

baka senpai I doubt protonmail let's employees take bathroom breaks to read Jow Forums

Posteo doesn’t have this problem

What does this have to do with being FOSS? I can verify FOSS software, compile it myself and run it on my machine. This was neither open-source nor running on a machine where I could check if the binary matched the compiled one.
I started coming here a long time ago and the post quality and overall tech knowledge has gone so downhill I'm thinking of quitting.

tutanota is a great solution if you want a simple webmail experience

Tonight, on 29 May 2019, ProtonMail responded to this article with a blog post entitled„Response to false statements on surveillance made by Martin Steiger“. (This article was published on 23 May 2019 and not„earlier today“as claimed by ProtonMail.)

ProtonMail claims that this article is„factually incorrect“and states first and foremost that it does notvoluntarilyoffer assistance for real-time surveillance. Apart from that, ProtonMail does not respond to the many points raised in this article.

ProtonMail essentially refers to myaddendum, where I point out that the public prosecutor in question contacted me, saying he had been misquoted. ProtonMail of course „forgets“ to quote my full addendum and shows an incomplete screenshot of my addendum. ProtonMail quotes only the part with the public prosecutor’s claim and not my explanation why I am confident that the public prosecutor was not misquoted. ProtonMail also claims that the addendum is„hidden at the bottom of Mr. Steiger’s article“, although it is linkedright at the beginning of this artic

>shill
what am I shilling?

who the fuck cares? they can send all my email to anyone they want IT'S ALL FUCKING ENCRYPTED YOU DUMB FUCK

like what

All of them? Job prospects etc you send them an encrypted email and they all have proton or are willing to open the mail with a key in the guest web version?

The stuff that is on the server which includes emails you receive is all encrypted and will give law enforcement jack shit even if they knew who you communicated with in the first place since the shit Proton could give them still is encrypted.
And I don't know what 6th world shithole you work in but around here yes most (tech) companies offer PGP and some even use Protonmail themselves so what the fuck is your point?

>I'm thinking of quitting
You should. This place is a shithole

Lol ok buddy. If I receive an applicant that sends me a password to open his email outside of my companies email. Hard fucking pass, that's all I'm saying.

>honeypot guyz

Stop emailing people CP you fucking pedoshit OP

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

Hello FBI

Hello there. Nothing illegal here. Move on.

Ahahaha, now (((ProtonMail))) wants to sue Mr Steiger for slander.
>The Jew Cries Out in Pain as He Strikes You

Attached: C5RMopuWQAE5Exu.jpg (248x400, 35K)

who cares, ProtonMail was already confirmed botnet since they routed their traffic to (((Israel)))

>ProtonMail Allegedly Proxied by Israeli Firm with IDF Links
>Oy gevalt

Attached: 1479262603162.jpg (1023x768, 229K)

Man nu-Jow Forums is retarded.
I'm going to /tech/

ok "buddy". hard fucking pass on whatever faggot company you work for. fucking boomer retard.

Attached: 1558082365120.gif (460x304, 1.63M)

This. & now it's pillo time, oldie.

Attached: 1557539024099.png (680x357, 427K)

The owner of PM
>A fucking shitalian
>Antonio Gambardella
>moneyhouse.ch/en/company/proton-technologies-ag-4537282131/messages?toggleMessage=HR02-1004608996

Attached: Gambardella.jpg (270x270, 12K)

I have protonmail accounts, so what mail should I use now anons? gmx?

Bluewin.ch, of course! Also from Swaziland.

Attached: teaserbreit.jpg (1280x625, 70K)

Remember guys, being on Switzerland means serious business! Also,
>Registrationen bei Swisscom sind von ausserhalb der Schweiz leider nicht zugelassen.

Just a joke, anyway. Get a small, U.S. based ESP with a track record. Something sturdy & not flashy. Don't want to name it or else you'll write I'm shilling.

NordVPN or OpenVPN, Jow Forums?

Attached: maxresdefault_1.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

>hackernews
Ah yes, the only place more retarded, er I mean based, than r3ddit

NordVPN is a service, OpenVPN is software.

U.S based? Shill me idgaf

>GMX
>GMX Mail is a free advertising-supported email service
Pass

So NordVPN uses OpenVPN, right?

>Antonio Gambardella
You mean DiGiannantonio Gambardella?

Attached: JUST.png (270x270, 78K)

How do I secure my cock.li email? I get emails from purchases and shit.

>that thread name
Stop spreading FUD.

>3 threads in a day using the exact same picture and using the exact same shitty arguments as the ones few months ago

cia niggers stop touching graphite you are glowing even more

>ProtonMail does not voluntarily offer assistance
the company spokesperson said.
>We only do so when ordered by a Swiss court or prosecutor, as we are obligated to follow the law in all criminal cases. Furthermore, end-to-end encryption means we cannot be forced by a court to provide message contents.