Farewell......, My old friend

Farewell......, My old friend.......
*Press F*

Attached: bbm-blackberry-messenger-logo-A02F577283-seeklogo.com.png (300x286, 22K)

S

G

F
bbm was pretty good
shame they killed it

All the old BB services shut down end of this year. They might squeeze out one final BB10 update by year's end, its up in the air right now. There are still some alpha/beta releases out there that people have been playing with.
Its a shame to see it go. Now we're all stuck with shitdroid. Its a tragedy. Modern Android on a flagship phone still isn't as fast as BB10.

We're getting close, at least in most applications... Google is also adopting the swipe flow similar to what iOS took on a while back.
Nothing will be as nice as BB10, but if you peel back the layers, it's an OS driven by shell scripts. Pretty interesting.

The real devastation from losing BBM here is that there is still nothing with the great chat experience it had (at least into the Phillipinos butchered it).

implying Android and iOS are the only usuable OS out there

Attached: 20190530105744.png (1080x1920, 1.52M)

I thought Sailfish development had stalled, and you had to pay to get the most up to date versions for specific phone models.

Chances of them releasing the source of anything? Would love the OS (QNX) but that's never happening.

Probably zero. The assets to BB10 are tightly tied to a lot of their security IP, and that is tied up in licensing with other companies. They could release the partial source at most, but I doubt that'd ever happen.
That IP still has value. Maybe they'll sell it off to Samsung one day.

no it's still in active development. They are only not offering hardware anymore. SFOS is free, but if you decide to pay 30€ you get an Android 8.1 runtime the stock keyboard text prediction, exchange supoort and official Jolla support.

Nice thing is the community decides on what's going ti be developed next

Probably using the source already at Huawei to get their new OS up by June.

Nah. They'll probably have Tizen, or some other little chopped together Linux based OS like Maemo.

S

QNX is their bread and butter, they're not releasing source any time soon.

N

F

Huawei should have bought blackberry. bb10 might succeed if they had a big company behind it

BBM died a long time ago back when blackberry switched to Android.

S

Bought a blackberry classic about a year ago and it came with the shitty update that wasn't revertable and made the phone a steaming useless pile
returned that shit immediately, disappointing desu

I would've just bought another and not updated

I would have done that too if it hadn't arrived
I believe it was like 10.3.1 or something along those lines
anyway, if I didn't believe I wasn't gonna get an effectively bricked phone then I probably would have tried
I just returned it and bought a sony instead, xperias are underrated desu

Why did bb kill bb10 lads?
It was the only good thing they had.

Because BBY I love you.

All blackberry had to do was shit out a device at competitive pricing, and bb10 would still be around.
Instead they pushed
>last year's hardware for current year's flagship prices
What a bunch of asshats.