"don't unplug my USB stick without safely ejecting it, you're going to corrupt my data!"

>"don't unplug my USB stick without safely ejecting it, you're going to corrupt my data!"
>"stop turning off my computer by holding the power button, you're going to fry my motherboard!"

Attached: 1537709183203.jpg (1125x1096, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BHMVypicn-M&feature=youtu.be&t=350
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First can be a legit concern.
The second is retarded

>"don't unplug my USB stick without safely ejecting it, you're going to corrupt my data!"
I see you've never used Linux before.

But why is it always macfags with the concern?

>what is caching
There's an option to disable RAM caching for external devices, no corruption that way.

The first part of the second one is related to the same issue, but it's not going to fry anything.

I learned that unplugging a GPU while the computer was on was a bad idea.

>"noooo you're not supposed to overclock Xeons, they're not made for that, you have to buy a Core desktop processor made from the same wafer!"

Attached: images.png (225x225, 8K)

But the first one actually happened to me.

kek

My mom unironically does the first one.

Also, relevant: youtube.com/watch?v=BHMVypicn-M&feature=youtu.be&t=350

Yeah I've actually fried USB drives/sticks by just anking them.

That's true though. Xeons are for reliability and constant capping workloads, not for babies to overclock and play Crysis on them.

You're a dumbass who doesn't understand how filesystem caching works. If you've actually written something to the drive, you really need to flush those caches and "safely ejecting" (winmeme terms) or more accurately, unmounting the filesystem, is one way to do that.

What the fuck is your point?

While it won't fry the mobo to do a hard reboot without proper shutdown, software can be corrupted by it if it is currently running. The first one is a legit concern too.

I remember losing half of the documents on my mother's USB flash once. Sorry mom.

Attached: 86543869530360.png (658x901, 64K)

both are Unix compatible oses and both are susceptible to the same corruption problem when you don't eject.

That's not making any sense. Plenty of Xeons through time have been identical to certain desktop processors. Why would one be more reliable or overclock worse than the other?

>don't sudo -s rm -R /lib it will wreck the system!

Your files are not exactly precious.
If something was important it wouldn't belong to you.

Attached: ok_nigga (2).gif (96x85, 212K)

I corrupted my usb drive based bootloader on arch when powering off while compiling an update

just take it out once the file has done transferring. interrupting read wont corrupt it.

You've broken me as a human being

Unless it's a K series, the Xeon will actually clock better since it's picked from a better yield silicon.

Jow Forums BTFO

>I corrupted my usb drive based bootloader on arch when powering off while compiling an update
utter Jow Forumsenius.

>'O-M-G user, you have to stop writing Python scripts! just write everything in C!'
>'JavaScript is harmful! I miss the good old days when websites ran on plain HTML'

Attached: cookey_cwisp.jpg (768x1024, 111K)

so this is the pretend to be astonished at simply good tech advice thread

You should still umount your stuff?
Write cache is a thing, even if you disable it
You still got the drive cache

fuck me too

You're using the maymay wrong.
What you posted are actually the sensible things to say.

Windows by default doesn't bother with that shit on removable disks, preferring to write to disk immediately.
It's a bunch slower, but entirely prevents the situation where you copied files to the disk, the machine powers off, and it turns out the files weren't copied.

Even then, you could still be in the middle of an existing write operation. You need to wait until it completes.

>I would rather spend 3 hours writing a one-use script in C than write it in 5 minutes using python, since the C program will run 50ms faster
yeah, that is real sensible. I bet you use Arch Linux

>>'JavaScript is harmful! I miss the good old days when websites ran on plain HTML'
this part is an accurate reflection of most feelings from people that aren't fucking retards or inbred zoomers
>>'O-M-G user, you have to stop writing Python scripts! just write everything in C!'
?? yeah, nobody says this.

>this part is an accurate reflection of most feelings from people that aren't fucking retards or inbred zoomers
the only people that think websites ran better "back in the day" are rose-tinted glasses-wearing cucks whose first exposure to computing was windows xp/vista

>'O-M-G user, you have to stop writing Python scripts! just write everything in C!'
Implying anyone writes scripts in C.
>'JavaScript is harmful! I miss the good old days when websites ran on plain HTML'
Only stupid niggers like JS bullshit. Simple html is much better.

>Simple html is much better.
you were able to post your """opinion""" on this chinese cartoon forum using JS

>everything but this one website wont load, better restart my computer!!!

hehe onions