What went right?

What went right?

Attached: microsoft.jpg (750x563, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoboLinux
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hate to say it but a pajeet was the right man at the right time.

POO

Embrace

The chemo

I wish them good luck with extinguish. Do they even realize most of the Linux userbase moved from their shitty OS?

Nothing. They had to back the fuck up on the Linux -> Windows syscalls WSL shit to virtualization which means losing immediately.

WSL was shit and is going to stay shit after WSL 2.0. Either remake Windows from scratch to match current standards, or keep backing the doomed system you've created.

kek

How many versions of windows are we away from linux based? I switched back to 10 for work and school however I really fucking hate the Windows File hierarchy

For once the poo went in the right place.

I want Windows with a DragonflyBDS or Linux kernel. Then I'd actually use it. I haven't touched the Windows partition in ages.

>microshaft should just through away a differentiating technology that everyone uses
what's the endgame? appease some autists? why would they care about that?

Nadella

Agreed. I like MacOS and GoboLinux filesystems.
Pic related, based gobolinux

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-30 GoboLinux at a glance.png (633x290, 11K)

You're right. They could make a comparability layer for all the old windows applications.

Holy shit! I was just daydreaming about doing something just like this and it already exists. Thanks user.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoboLinux
Makes so much sense to me

Absolutely everything and beyond.

this, $ms still in it for de moni

Linux is better at running Windows applications than Windows is at handling Linux anything.
I see what they're trying to do long term, but Steam already got the ball rolling, and the momentum won't be stopped there. Linux will have virtually 100% compatibility with all modern Windows software(including gaymes) while providing native performance levels. Long term Windows has no real appeal aside from the brand value.

look up some old free software documentary - bill gates whining about people copying his software - gates is biggest fag alive - a galactic hypocrite, and not much more

gates realized that you don't have to tell people that the marginal costs of software are zero - heck windows wasnt even a service like jewgle and it came in a box like anything physical - this illusion faded but by pushing hard their bs incopatible stack no one gets close - its the textbook scam company - keeping people dumb its so sad

Of course MS loves Linux. MS is like a pretty girl with her ugly friend who makes the pretty girl look even prettier.

Apple and Google became 10 more evil than Microsoft ever was.

Nothing. They are not making Windows better, they just want to make Linux shittier just by associating with it.

What specs should one have to run Windows within Linux? Can a 2 core laptop do it?

everyone that could port one line of windows kernel code to anything posix compatible left in the 2000s. They're going to push this shit as long as they can disrupt linux to make dependencies on MS in the server market (ironically the one market they've always wanted vs the desktop market which linus has always wanted). The WSL shit is just a test bed for server components. wait until they release performance metrics for WSL server appliances.

nothing

>last update from 2017
ded

This, same as SourceMage
Trying to install it didn't really work for me
Also got a kernel panic while using it live at some point

It's a shame because those two are theoretically better than anything we've got access to now.

This should be the foundation of Microshit's next OS.

honestly after all the shit microsoft has done i wouldnt be that suprised if they lost the code to their kernel and decided it would just be easier to switch to linux sometimes in the future

Everything

Attached: MixedImpartialHornbill-size_restricted.gif (375x250, 1012K)

you can do better, enter nixos

That looks more frustrating to deal with in the long run than linux from scratch. Pass.