Computer science undergraduate entrance exams are a thing at Cambridge

>computer science undergraduate entrance exams are a thing at Cambridge

Stop over-saturating this field of study. I plan to enroll in college once I saved enough money, but for every year that passes, it will be harder to enroll.

Attached: images (1).jpg (205x246, 4K)

you are the over-saturation you fucking idiot

mate, I'm not even trying to be obnoxious, but just don't bother with university. You can get a job without a degree.
If you really want to study something of value, don't go to university for CS.

>can't pass entrance exam that probably has discrete math on it
>accuses other people of over-saturating the field

Attached: 1433063870233.jpg (454x453, 85K)

>entrance exam
Lol fucking dolt.
>can't into discreet math
Christ.

The plumber said, on his way to bed as he must wake up at 4am to unplug the shitty toilets in the software company nearby before the employees arrive at 10 and want their first coffee and a dump.

>
>The plumber said, on his way to bed as he must wake up at 4am to unplug the shitty toilets in the software company nearby before the employees arrive at 10 and want their first coffee and a dump.

Sir! Core dumps are a thing of the past, and Coffee is a depreciated library.

Just because somebody doesn't have a degree, doesn't mean they're uneducated. In fact, a lot of people in the industry without degrees fare better because they had the drive to teach themselves rather than pay somebody else to teach them.
Anybody who wants to put themselves in debt for something that HR will barely pay attention can feel free to do so.

>Anybody who wants to put themselves in debt for something that HR will barely pay attention can feel free to do so.

Hahaha oh fuck. Good luck even getting past initial HR screening at any big name company unless you're applying to be a janny there.

You don't go to university to learn, you go there to prove you're intelligent enough to learn. It's a rite of passage and shows you're not a fucking retarded worker bee ready to break his back for a beer at 5.

Where did he say he couldn't pass? And who mentioned discrete math? And why would an entrance exam have discrete math? That's part of the curriculum.

>Good luck even getting past initial HR screening at any big name company
My friend, it hasn't been that way for years. Most companies have dropped it from their requirements. Sorry, but I get the feeling you're coping.

>Most companies have dropped it from their requirements.
[citation needed]

I've only worked at the highest profile names in the sector and all their jobs require at minimum a Bachelors.

I 100% agree with this, but is this a US thing? I can't think of any software job where they don't ask for a degree here in the UK

You clearly have not been looking for entry level developer positions. You are absolutely wrong.

And then they hang out with the tech support guys watching movies all day in the tech support offices.

[citation needed]
I've only worked at the highest profile names in the sector and none of their jobs require a Bachelors.

Ah, so you're just bullshitting and have never even had a proper job.

>I can't think of any software job where they don't ask for a degree here in the UK
I'm a bong and there's plenty of jobs that don't require a degree. Not sure where you're looking. Location probably matters.

likewise

More degrees should have entrance exams. Too many fucking retards can get into whatever programme they want. If you're truly interested you should be able to pass at least a basic exam beforehand.

Don't look now, but you're coping.

I have no need to cope. I'm satisfied with my decisions, and I'm doing very well financially having no student loans. I hope OP takes the path which is right for him, I just don't think CS is worth studying in university. Better off going into science or EE.

See? You ARE coping. You probably ARE the fucking plumber.

Says the one who replied a mere 40 seconds later. I think you're upset, take a break.

Great, the reddit replies have started. Now say "ok sweetie".

most good programs do have entrance exams, it's called the SAT lol

I mean in the UK. It's too easy to do whatever you want as long as you have decent grades.

have sex NPC sweetie cuck libtard lmao you have to go back