Let's be honest, the only thing where Linux exceeds is by having a powerful command line...

Let's be honest, the only thing where Linux exceeds is by having a powerful command line. And with WSL you can have that while you use an actual usable non-bullshit OS with a friendly UI. Get an SSD and you won't even notice that's not native UNIX.

Attached: 1556658748091.jpg (1428x800, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/s?k=laptop&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm not going to install your shit, Rajeesh.

>no package manager
>still have to deal with all the Windows garbage
I'm cool with Fedora, thanks.

Also, here's my version of your post.
>Let's be honest, the only thing where Windows exceeds is by having games. And with Wine and Photon you can have that while you use an actual usable non-bullshit OS with a friendly UI. Get an SSD and you won't even notice that's not native NT.

wsl is just a toy atm

>Required automatic updates

I'll stick with Linux

just like linux

>the only thing where Linux exceeds is by having a powerful command line
I use Linux for the file systems, the POSIX compatibility, the development tools, the privacy, the stability, the documentation, the ARM and MIPS support, the window managers, the encryption tools, the driver support, and the package managers. I don't use it for bash. I use mksh which I find to be much faster and better for scripting.

Nothing about Winshit is easy or user-friendly. It's horrible to use and it's built for the lowest common denominator: tech illiterate retards like OP who think syscall translation layer running bash makes Windows a replacement for a proper *nix system. Everyone laugh at this fag.

Enjoy not having any freedom retard.

What's the report category for "paid shill"?

Why use Windows as a base OS anyway? With all the random reboots, telemetry, auto-installing programs, and the general slowness of the system it's pointless.

Linux on your machine and Windows in a VM is the only solution which actually works.

The only proprietary software I need is Mathematica and it works great on Linux. I don't want some smelly Indian watching what I type either.

You haven't even used Linux GUIs have you?
KDE, while a bit buggy (as if Windows GUI isn't) unironically kicks the shit out of Winblows awful clusterfuck of a GUI

this one goes for all the linux users that hates and refuse to use windows...

things wont get any better.

Attached: r.png (344x283, 83K)

It's bretty good, yes. But things like renaming the hostname everytime you launch the "console" bugs me. I hope they fix those things in WSL 2.

>thinks that wine and photon will run without problems his fav software

Attached: me.png (403x403, 103K)

fuck wsl2 you need hyperv so things like games are allfucked it up
also i had so many fucking bsods that i almost replaced my ram until i found out it the cause was this piece of shit

>friendly UI
Yeah, no. Hell no! There's SO much wrong with windows UI. The lack of automatic window management and click-to-focus both completely disqualify it for any actual use. And there's waaaay more.

Every time I'm forced to used Windows for one reason or another, I end up being pissed by all the shit I have to put up with from a usability perspective alone. And that's just the surface of this stinking, festering pile of shit.

It won't matter what OS you use. Pain and regret is all there is for you.

I use Linux because the OS is better. I don't give a shit about bash.

This is like putting lipstick on a pig

Imagine having an operating system that literally has ads built into it.

Well I am playing all Windows games I have with Wine and Vulkan at same FPS as Windows even DirectX12 games.
The only software that legitimately is problematic is stuff like AutoCAD or Maya which 99.99% of people don't use anyway.

And even if you need either of the mentioned software you can run it inside a VM. Resuming a suspended Win10 VM takes 3 seconds and it also runs with 3D acceleration.

maya runs native on linux

i've literally never seen an ad on windows

>no good tiling wm
>spyware
>shitty ui/ux
>proprietary
>bloated
why would I ever use windows

why fuck a crackwhore if you can fuck your beautiful girlfriend?

Windows 10 is a proprietary botnet which makes it a no-go. Not interested, thanks.
>thinks that wine and photon will run without problems his fav software
>Implying Ghostwriter, Nano and Haxe need Wine

i like it cos i have option of multiple distros to fit different hardware/situations. with win ur stuck with the single version, you're stuck with the bulky, constant 'update' scenario, you're stuck with a system that is closed. I get a linux problem, fundamenta, I can examine the code to see whats gone on (possibly, sometimes), switch version. This has gone on quite a bit until I found a linux that runs satisfactorily on the raspberry pi. Winshit doesn't even run the raspberry pi. their win iot thing is horrible, no desktop. it's a loser company, for losers. The people who work in microshit don't even use it.

>Let's be honest, the only thing where Linux exceeds is by having a powerful command line.
I think the main reasons to use Linux are because it's free (in both the freedom and beer senses) and it's endlessly customizable in a way that Windows and MacOS aren't. The powerful Unix command line tools are just a bonus for power users and developers.

i can wipe out my computer and re-install it thousands of times without ever having to enter a gay-ass activation code.
i can change anything i want and not worry about violating the DMCA or CFAA.
i've never agreed to a TOS to use my hardware either...

oh, but hey, you can use bash now, so i guess that's cool.

lmao
Every single time this pasta is posted, freetard manbabies can't help but sperg over it

>Nothing about Winshit is easy
>it's built for the lowest common denominator: tech illiterate retards
did you just admit that you are more retarded than tech illiterates

2GB of RAM usage isn't "friendly"
the UI windows has is garbage.
The only thing windows does better is multiple file transfer i/o management and the file picker.

>2GB of RAM usage isn't "friendly"
any computer nowadays have at least 16gb ram. stop using computers from the 2000s

amazon.com/s?k=laptop&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
the first entire page has only 2 machines that have 16gb on them, rest are 4 - 8GB
get with the times, retard

why are you looking for that cheap shit? are you poor?
also >laptops

Welcome to what majority of the world uses, brainlet.
Phones and Tablets have even less RAM

how do i know you don't program for a living? this horseshit post

>the only thing where Linux exceeds is by having a powerful command line.
And package manager
And individual software management
and file management
and control over operating system components
actual encryption
user choice instead of microsoft retardation
hosting
no spyware
more security
better system updates
not having to shut the computer down to update
emulates windows software if necessary
free
can actually modify the OS on a case by case, business by business basis
wider, less expensive support thanks to open source

Literally the only thing windows does better is running vendor locked windows apps and screwing the people who bought it in the ass

That doesn't change the fact it comes with advertising built in, whether YOU see it personally or not. It's there, and it's meant to advertise to people. It shows up in their start menu, it shows up in their task bar, and it shows up in windows' store.

What the fuck kind of retard are you?

>friendly ui
It's the worst UI of any OS in the history of mankind. Windows 3.1 was light years ahead. System 8 was light years ahead. BeOS was light years ahead. Win 10 is a fuck ugly mess of settings and dialogs buried within settings and dialogs buried within switches and modal windows, and screen dimming, and poorly implemented scaling, and poorly implemented transparency effects, and glowinthedark nigger CIA bullshit.

>usable
See my first point. Also, performance-wise, Win 7 install btfo of Win 10. A clean Ubuntu install btfo of Win 10. BSD and OS X btfo of Win 10. It's a shit storm, except at half speed.

Not true. You van do everything on it that you could do on a headless Linux box. All the command line tools I've tried worked perfectly (its a stock ubuntu after all). I can connect to the node server I run in Wsl while debugging the frontend in windows chrome.