Who uses this systemd distro? What's your experience with it?

Who uses this systemd distro? What's your experience with it?

Attached: open-suse-logo.png (744x479, 35K)

i'm using it on one of my computers. even i'm using tumbleweed, it's so far most stable desktop linux i've used. and i've used many. one thing i don't like is devs drpoped f2fs support silently.

YaST
Its good

I maintain the networks and servers for a couple of companies that use it. It's no good for a home desktop distro, Great for business desktops. Also SLES is a great server OS and if you want a highly stable network that is easy to configure and will run everything from the oldest SCSI drives and the latest SSD's along with the great terminal services servers, and many legacy hardware cards to the latest onboard chipsets then use SUSE.

>It's no good for a home desktop distro
Explain

It feels too heavy, it's got too many features. I like it in business setups because it interfaces with the SLES operating system really well, but for a home distro I would use Manjaro or something like that. Yeah for a home distro it feels a bit bloated but for a business desktop it's great

I've been using it every day for 2 years now. It has nice little features like an opensuse-customized version of firefox where the filepicker has thumbnail preview.

I use leap... i completely hosed my system last week because I clicked a "one click install" on the opensuse website for a file that was for tumbleweed only. this cause half the system files to update to their tumbleweed version.

In what functional way does this 'bloat' impact a home user?

So why didn't you just do a snapshot rollback?

> He didn't install with btrfs

Lmao what a fucking loser, holy shit

>It's no good for a home desktop
>it's got too many features.
This is how you spot someone who's incompetent with tech.

Attached: 1469656490556.png (166x166, 14K)

>Linux
>Bloated

???????????

lotsa shit thats useful. Use it for work/school. Comes with a lot of stuff that's useful. I'm on KDE plasma because I have no taste and it runs smooth even on a core 2 duo thinkpad.
what the fuck are you doing on leap? tumbleweed is better, more repo compatibility as well. Apart from the whole "if you don't use your computer for a month it needs 1,850 updates" thing, but zypper is fast anyways.

doesnt using snapshots save you from having to update all the inbetween stuff you missed?

>if you don't use your computer for a month it needs 1,850 updates
managed to actually fuck my tumbleweed on my memepad like that. That's why I'm keeping it on Leap. Ran out of HD on root partition, and since update runs as root, system ended up in an indeterminate state.

Snapshots saves your ass by making a copy of the desktop install at the time you chose it either manually or automatically based on an event. So, if anything ever goes wrong you can roll back to that clean snapshot.

It's fedora except doesn't freeze constantly

OpenSUSE is obsolete. Filesystem snapshots were useful but are no longer the best solution. Fedora SilverBlue and Fedora Atomic use dynamically generated file trees which has advantages such as layered packages for an atomic filesystem, easy to deploy trees, and not relying on an unstable filesystem to get useful features.

Werks on my machine.

i mean OS update snapsots not btrfs backups, dont be thick