Intel has to overclock their 4 year old process node because they have nothing to respond to RYZEN with

>Intel has to overclock their 4 year old process node because they have nothing to respond to RYZEN with
Deja vu...

Attached: amd_fd9590fhhkwof_octa_core_fx_9590_4_7ghz_desktop_1095662.jpg (2500x2500, 342K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-vs-Intel-Core-i7-9700K/m810675vs4030
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the 10th gen on desktop will be able to clock to 5.5ghz in order to compete with ryzen and shills wont mind the power draw

OVERCLOCK IT TO 6GHZ
I WANT TO SEE 1000W INSANITY

Attached: 1559147287924.png (800x618, 937K)

Unlike Bulldozer, Intel can actually compete.

They can't compete, Piledriver was pretty competitive with the ivy bridge i5, and it was cheaper, you can't be competitive wanting over $00 for less performance than an AMD 12 core.

>wanting over $00
$500

They are still doing fine with servers and the premium laptop market, the only bits that make money. Meanwhile AMD even struggles to get OEMs and have to rely on consolebucks to keep afloat.

>they are still doing fine with servers
lol
laptops is hte only thing they still have left because server and datacenter owners will opt in for epyc instead of xeons

> server and datacenter owners
The big ones take their sweet time to upgrade, Intel still has a chance if they haven't lost all trust after their security bugs.

Bullshit.
AMD is selling EPYC even before the official launch of the 7nm SKUs.
on the laptop side of things, the ecosystem moves slower than anything else, because they have the boards ready and they go plug 'n' play with each generation of Intel.
This won't last long, though, as Intel has old SKUs there, mostly 8000 series, which makes the OEMs angry as they cannot market easily the "new" products.
"New" names are essential in those markets, that's why companies often do rebrands in order to keep the marketing fresh and vivid with new names.

>tons of vulnerabilities
>half the power efficiency of epyc
>costs atleast triple the price of epyc
at this point intel needs to be giving those cpus for free because no one in the right mind will buy a 14nm power hungry xeon when they can get a way cheaper 7nm epyc that uses half the power and has identical performance

ermagod
intel also continuously releases opensource micro code changes for 20 year old processor brands
AMD can't manage to support 5 years of their outmodded zoomer shit
but thats okay because its cooooool yo like apple dongles
hurr hurr

It’s surprising that Jow Forums actually believes AMD will do better on server platforms.

I advise you to get a fucking job.

AMD is the Star Citizen of hardware.

go back to r*ddit you fucking intel shill

>>reddit.com/r/Amd/
literally every thread and post on reddit is AMD shilling. intel doesn't need fake hype because they're the last functional american IT corp

>"New" names are essential in those markets
Premium customers don't even know what's inside of the shit. Only gaymers really pay attention to new names but they are barely worth the effort. Fucking ARM is a bigger danger for them than AMD making a low power chip.

You underestimate just how conservative that sector is and how good Intel marketing did. Big changes will require Intel fuck up even more and AMD keep outdoing themselves for a few years.

Lmao amd cope

Attached: Ryzen_2700x_vs_8700k.png (629x1032, 72K)

>vidya
>old vidya that runs on every toaster
Who cares?

amd is literally plebbit
>pass
go back

>Intel can keep pace with brand new AMD Ryzen processors just by making small adjustments on their 4 year old processors
Name a more based company

>customers don't care for perceived new things
No retard, even cellphones get released yearly with minor tweaks just because people want the next new thing. Laptops are no different.

why do you think intel will have good server sales this year when epyc is already a thing? no one in the right mind will buy cpu that costs 3 times more than epyc and uses double the energy just because its 2% better

These are stock cpus you mongoloid
According to ayymds own Benchmarks they only gain 30% over ryzen 2700x in league of legends
Also this is a good benchmark because the framerates are unlocked and there is no gpu bottleneck

apple

>Intel is now the one with the 8 core 5GHz housefire
Where have I seen this before...

soon to be 6ghz in order to compete with based AMD

Phones get a new name, same with laptops, but it's usually the year.

Most people have zero idea about the specific hardware inside and even the ones do know rarely care.

the actual world market are low end server farms and sorry but those are 99% intel. intel profits from government contracts. amd profits from zoomer gamer girls like you who think anyone will trust the second best bitch in the biggest con job that is this backward african tier country

>Piledriver was pretty competitive with the ivy bridge i5

lol no. Thank god the dark ages of AMD are over though and I can really feel like I'm getting my money's worth when buying a CPU again.

>ryben is bretty gud wat should be do?
>oberblok 9900k :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Haha seething

Doesn't matter. Only thing that matters is that the advertiser says "NEW EVERYTHING!".

>Intel gets to 6GHz with a 300w TDP and mandatory AIO cooler
>Gets praise for breaking 6GHz barrier
>meanwhile AMD are assholes for breaking 5GHz on 220w piledriver which can be cooled on air.

>220w
>air
Yeah, let's not do this.

Hell yeah air, you can cool a 9590 on an NH-D15, you can't even run the 9900K at 5GHz on an NH-D15, and it just got btfo but the 8 core ryzen 3000 chips that I am gonna start saving for to replace my AMD FX-Basedy 350

Attached: 9900K.jpg (1327x1222, 331K)

You CAN but Jesus, have some sympathy with the poor thing.

sounds like current amd gpus

COPE
O
P
E

Attached: 1559068788330.jpg (1271x672, 172K)

The Piledriver chips (at least mine on the 990FXA-UD3) will throttle to 1.4GHz at 65C to protect itself from dying, but when I crank the bus speed past 200 that protection goes away and it will go up to 80C until it shuts off, not that i've ever hit 80C

I also would never recommend anyone buy a 9590 unless you want the best binning on your piledriver to run as fast as you can with something like 1.45v stable.

>piledriver was competitive
The last time before Ryzen that AMD was competitive, it was Phenom II.

>Intel bribes, threatens and steals to keep OEMs onside
Wow, what a surprise, Intel has never lost court cases over doing exactly that

The losses were basically nothing and probably calculated.

The IPC of FX is absolutely terrible for the year 2011, but the ipc was 9.5% worse than a phenom II, but it ran at 4GHz stock, basically you're matching Nahalem i7 single core and throwing blows with a 2600K on multi core, an absolutely strange CPU setup that gamers hated but I loved for the overall compute power for less than a 3570K.

It had no chance for gaming pc builders when the 2500K worked for gaymen and cost less than an 8150 when it came out.

6300 and 8350 were pretty good deals with a lot OC potential. Only the power-draw was a con but the price difference kinda made it up.

>Bulldozer OC Potential
It's like farting into air, nothing happens

>nothing happens
Overclocking 8350 by 12.5% to 4.5 is like adding another core to that bitch, and the voltage to do it is quite low.

Attached: 4.5GHz 1866 bench.png (418x720, 50K)

user
Even if you adjust the fsb and oc the ram
That shit will not produce good ST Performance
It was the rendering cpu for hobby poorfags
But if you wanted a universal cpu you bought a 2500/600k

It would do fine with any vidya as long your GPU wasn't shit and it could outperform 2500 at compute, even before OC. There is more than ST performance.

>tfw hobby poorfag
The 2500K was a good gaming choice, and it sold like hotcakes for pc builders, an FX-8350 even with one core per module at 4.5 is only the performance of an i7 920, which was still pretty good at gaming for the time, but your average user won't overclock it to 4.5 in that mode, despite how easy it is and how little heat it puts out.

Basically AMD couldn't compete, Bulldozer was shown off in 2010 as a scaleable server micro-architecture, it got delayed and delayed and ended up on AM3+ which great multicore performance, but gamers didn't really give a shit, only a niche person like myself on a budget could utilize this chip, and people with my needs who had the funds bought X79 anyway.

Nigga come the fuck on
As much as i like the FX
You can't deny that it wasnt a good experience
The sandybridge k cpus were just overall better and if you needed rendering power and were to poor for the 2600k you got a xeon

>the 10th gen on desktop will be able to clock to 5.5ghz
Intel hit a wall with 8 cores at 5ghz on on 14nm, they arent going anywhere

I'm not saying it was great but it definitely had its niche, especially 6300 when it went for under 90 bucks. Overall SB was obviously better but there were legitimate user cases for FX cpus.

ABSOLUTELY

LEGITIMATE

Attached: based piledriver.png (1920x1200, 1.38M)

copefag

No you fucking idiot. It wasn't competitive when it was released, it's still not competitive even today. Not in games and neither in any other thing. Stop trying to rewrite history you inbred pajeet. I know because I had, and still have, both processors.

I'm re-writing anything family, I said myself the single core was ass, but that multicore for such little money was amazing.

Which means the actual leap forward is just around the corner. Fuck yeah.

Attached: L_00000788.jpg (800x800, 91K)

>but gamers didn't really give a shit
Guess why, the time these cpu came out, the most hyped games were, arma, dayz, sc2, cs go, world of tanks and others
What do these games have in common?
The sandybridge chips were just the better Allrounders and the 2500k wasn't that much behind in rendering anyway, provided you oc it
Yes the fx 6300 was a good option
Build a pc for my little brother with one, you could buy either the fx 6300 or the i3 for 100€ and even in 2012/13 you had to be Borderline retarded to buy a 2c cpu
It was ok for it's money, but games that relied on st Performance such as dayz weren't that pleasant to play
Anyway i am not denying that the FX was denigrated for false reasons like retarded youtube shills pushing it to 5ghz and crying about it being slower than stock but still, the sandys were just better

>2023 or beyond for the next conroe core
>around the corner
I hope we get another breakthrough, but it's gonna take a bit, it's netburst era right now, intel currently wants more money for less perf/watt/dollar.

Intel dust off a 4 year old node to put something on par with AMDs new node.

Then continue back into R&D jewcave.

Do you think, if intel would release a new Generation that BTFO amd just like sandy bridge, would people do the same and buy intel only?

Probably.

I dunno.
I haven't used a single AMD product since the godly 3700+ San Diego.

But I'm good with my 9900K.

The 3800X will be interesting to see when it comes out though.
Unless something happens with my CPU I'll go with this for another 6+ years and maybe get whatever is best when I upgrade.

Maybe VIA will make a come back since they are big again in China.

>1920x1200
A man of culture.

What can they do to combat almost infinite yields and unparalleled flexibility when AMD get access to 3D stacking? Intel needs at least both or they will die. Moore's Law has been dead for years, they need to innovate.

I like to meme Intel shit, but the 9900k is by far the best 8 core out there. No contest. If you want performance, that's what you should get. It's just that buying that shit now is extremely stupid. Not only is it still getting fucked by more vulnerabilities, AMD (allegedly) finally has parity or possibly even surpassing 9900k performance with plenty of reasons to choose their products (better thermals, upgrade path, no relevant security vulnerabilities, ECC, etc.)

According to geekbench Zen2 is about as good as the mid-end Intel re-re-re-re-refresh.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-3600-vs-Intel-Core-i7-9700K/m810675vs4030

So for that price and the lack of European border-tier of invasions from attacks, it's a good upgrade for people that are on pre-SandyBridge hardware.
If I had 1800X, I would probably not upgrade to 3800X for the CPU itself, but maybe for the newer en PCI-E and higher RAM speeds/compatibility.

Doubt I'm upgrading my X5680 until 2025, so that's fine to me.

You won't be so smug when 10900K destroys this

I don't understand you people at all.
You don't want to upgrade because you don't do anything of value in your computer. At that point, why even mention when you're going to upgrade?

All this anti-Piledriver bullshit all the goddamn time, and here I am with my 8350 - bought in 2011 - OC'd to 4.3GHz on air at around 25-35C under moderate load.

Is this like the equivalent of car guys armchair racing? I just don't get the point, it performs well. Still.

My 3570K beats your shitty tractor CPU.

user, by that point AMD will be on Zen 3 on 7nm EUV. If they implement more threads for SMT, then that's pretty huge. If they also go tall with stacking then it's game over not only for the desktop market, but every single market they're going for. The latter has so many implications it's actually insane.

You reek of projection. All I'm saying is 4-5 years really isn't that long a time.

4C4T CPUs are pretty dead these days, FX is shit but it's 4C8T like an i7 so it competes on the now relevant multi core.

yes 4c4t is dead now but fx was always dead.
14c 28t is minimum to stay relevant for next 3 years.
Because amd confirmed 8c 24t in 2021

>Because amd confirmed 8c 24t in 2021
No one has confirmed shit.

my anonymous source did.

>mfw moore's law comes alive in the 2020s and HEDT rigs go obsolete in a year because AMD throws moar cores in all the time.

>HEDT
>LITERALLY TERM MADE UP BY INTEL

Hi intel shill!

(High-End Desktop) An Intel term for high-performance desktop computers.

Whatever user, AMD's Zen1 1950X has about to get btfo by an AM4 12 core with really good ipc that is clocked high, we are living in interesting times.

I doubt we will see another Conroe upset like we did in 06. Sandy Bridge was not the CPU that BTFO AMD, it was Conroe (Core 2 Duo) in 06. Sandy Bridge made all of AMD offerings outside of the budget segment uncompetitive in 2011. Phenom II CPUs were good options for mid range builds until Sandy Bridge.

I expect Intel to have 5%-15% lead once they get their node cadence in order. Failure of 10nm has held up new architectures, five years is too long for no major architecture changes in the post Dennard scaling era.

For laptops I expect Intel to still be dominant, but AMD will chip away at its market share especially for +35W TDP designs. AMD is far behind in the 25W and under segment, Icelake and Tigerlake ultrabooks will be much better than any AMD offering the same segment.

> extremely low quality thread
daily reminder that these types of threads are paid for advertisements from AMD's chong/communists and Intel jew based marketers.

>They can't compete, Piledriver was pretty competitive
> I'm totally not a marketing employee for AMD
looks like you all need to kill yourselves.

uhh, at what? I'd much rather have an 8 core 8 thread piledriver on a 990fx platform than anything Ivy Bridge, unless my sole use for it was playing video games with nothing else open (which it isn't)

8350 is 8 core, 8 thread.

Confirmed that it's just ignorance, thanks.

Not only that, but given that these already support PCIe 4.0, you could probably share the lanes to get a similar or even greater number of peripherals compared to current TR4 systems. Pretty good I would say desu. TR4 still has goodies that make it better for what it is, but it's good that AM4 is getting a juicy upgrade.

Attached: chad reply.jpg (912x1024, 71K)

ftfy

Attached: Athlon_64_X2_E6_3800.jpg (530x530, 93K)

Technically it's four modules, 8 cores, 8 threads.

It's an obscure CPU desu.

Also FX chip paired with a 990FX mobo and 1866 modules is patrician tier.

Attached: CPU Store.png (720x720, 277K)

In other words, 8 cores, 8 threads. How they pair the cores is irrelevant, there's still eight of them and they don't support SMT.

Over clocking was the response, no?

True, it's just the IPC that changes when you have all 8 cores crunching away vs 4 cores crunching, the single core ipc is like a core 2 duo conroe chip from 2006, but when you have two cores in a module working, the ipc is like an athlon core with 512kb cache

Weird setup but it worked extremely well for my needs.

What AMD had done is take the best binned 8350 piledriver chips that existed since late 2012, and sold them as a 9590 with a base clock of 4.7 and 5GHz boost that not many mobos could do without freezing, They got tons of shit for it, but all the youtube shills for Intel will just blow it off like it doesn't matter that Intel is using double the energy.

Attached: FXCPU_Die.jpg (2249x3119, 3.76M)

What the FUCK happened to comet lake?

>Also this is a good benchmark because the framerates are unlocked and there is no gpu bottleneck
This is retarded, if you only care about raw throughput a video game it's the most stupid way to measure it, any synthetic benchmark will do way better

intel shill cope

>Deja vu...
I've just been in this time before
Higher on the street
And I know it's my place to go
Calling you and the search is mystery
Standing on my feet
It's so hard when I try to be me yeah!

Isn't AMD still doing that with their GPUs? Ik Navi is a new architecture, but it's not like AMD stopped doing it after the FX series

The best part is the team that dropped the ball on 10nm is getting shit on by the 7nm team. They've been signaling there will be 7nm in late 2020 with a full new architecture. Intel is pissed that 10nm didn't let them control the market meanwhile the 7nm guys actually got their shit done because they used EUV.