Whoops

Whoops.

Looks like there's no reason to use Linux anymore.

Attached: hiddenwasp.jpg (867x742, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-26/product_id-32238/Microsoft-Windows-10.html
cvedetails.com/top-50-products.php
intezer.com/blog-hiddenwasp-malware-targeting-linux-systems/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-26/product_id-32238/Microsoft-Windows-10.html

>some malware that doesnt even exploit a vulnerability in the operating system

I don't like Winblows either, but I was surprised to see Debian and the Linux Kernel as the top 2 on this list: cvedetails.com/top-50-products.php

Wake up call
“Linux malware may introduce new challenges for the security community that we have not yet seen in other platforms,” Intezer researcher Ignacio Sanmillan wrote in Wednesday’s post. “The fact that this malware manages to stay under the radar should be a wake up call for the security industry to allocate greater efforts or resources to detect these threats.”

Some of the code appears to be borrowed from Mirai, the Internet-of-things botnet malware whose source code became publicly available in 2016. Other code has similarities to other established projects or malware including the Azazel rootkit, the ChinaZ Elknot implant, and the recently discovered Linux variant of Winnti, a family of malware that previously had been seen targeting only Windows.

Fast forward a few years from now and you nerds are going to be running garbage FOSS anti-virus software on Linux. Good god it's the beginning of a shoah.

>Winblows
>t. 16 and/or mentally handicapped

the kernel has grown too big and bloated. GNU Hurd is needed desperately, or just a new kernel in general to go with the GNU operating system.

why have the spent a literal quarter-century not getting anywhere with it then? Other than the fact that microkernels were a meme more suited to generating academic papers than to accomplishing real-world tasks.

This is the fate of unfunded software.

>HiddenWasp
If you run suspicious bash scripts you got from your Chinese fren you deserve it.

We gotta do something about the WinPajeet shills on this board.

This malware doesn't really have anything to do with the kernel.
It's not exploiting any kernel vulnerabilities.

good thing about Foss is that it's easy to migrate. most of the programs I use are already build from the getgo to be multi platform.

Also, this isn't really an argument against linux as long as windows is a million times worse. Both in security and usability.

M$ Wangdows
M$ Wangdows
M$ Wangdows
M$ Wangdows
M$ Wangdows

>impliying there was even a reason to use linux in the first place

hidden wasp
intezer.com/blog-hiddenwasp-malware-targeting-linux-systems/

NSA bullshit pretending to be chinese

look a non-profit that literally works on DoD contracts is warning us that there are more identified vulnerabilities in opensource software so we should use the NSA approved list
don't go and read any of the actual vulnerability dialogs like how linux are system shutdowns and disconnects while windows is a dumpster fire of remote access

This.

Install CommonSense 2.1a

I don't need AV right now on Windows, why would I suddenly start needing it on Linux?

Why use Linux at all then?

so you don't have to put up with Windows.

Literally this

backop dooren

Yep.
Thats another exploit compromised.

>infected machines that are infected with software that creates backdoor access are compromised with backdoor access allowing "hackers" full control

WOW, thank you, Blogger Sherlock.

Attached: 1384128890824.jpg (492x142, 26K)

>imblying an loonix neckbeards ever get backdoor action...

Attached: 72dc900311c1ec645b6b8d1601df1ad4.jpg (2832x4256, 1.24M)

Beats putting up with linux.

Linux is easier to use than Windows.

So, how do you get this exactly?

Attached: 1557735094524.png (1200x1200, 409K)

this desu

i still don't get how do I get infected

literally:

$ chmod +x HiddenWasp.sh
./HiddenWasp.sh

?

Linux rootkits have been around long before they became popular on Windows. Where do you think the name came from, anywhere?

Yes. It's a payload, not an attack vector. You have to be compromised through something else, which then deposits HiddenWasp on the machine

Pretty retarded article

It's a bit scary how many people would do this let alone

># chmod +x HiddenWasp.sh
># ./HiddenWasp.sh

Can I use this to root my phone?

look at that grandma

i bet when she parts her ass, it sounds like an old squeaky door opening

cRRRREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAk

braAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPpplbthtkbltbjffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

>Not wanting to pound Vords bumcheeks while she gives you sums to work out...

Attached: carol-vorderman-winner-of-the-female-wizzard-jeans-rear-of-the-year-DBF41G.jpg (825x1390, 192K)

>18 pages

Attached: 1531906484185.jpg (500x498, 33K)

back
OP?
door
EN?

>malware = backdoor
wut? how come "journalists" don't call windows malware "backdoors", but they do so for linux malware?

>I don't need AV right now on Windows, why would I suddenly start needing it on Linux?
>Why use Linux at all then?
what kind of retarded, non-sensical response is this?