Should people really admire him?

Should people really admire him?

Attached: 416x416.jpg (416x416, 12K)

Yes, on

Yes, on

>guy who made a lot money selling toys
Sure his toys are better than from the competition but in the end his contribution towards humankind was still barely relevant. He wasn't a great person to be around. Unless you're some marketing student, there isn't much to admire IMO.

t. Apple user

>Sure his toys are better than from the competition
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: lolplush-2.jpg (640x559, 23K)

guy died because of its own stupidity so no.

he saved us from this alternate reality where smart phones don't exist

Attached: grocery organizer.png (969x509, 199K)

Smartphones did exist before iPhone too.

they were retarded smart phones though...

Attached: LG Voyager.gif (830x467, 161K)

Not like the first iPhone was great. The SoCs weren't ready for smartphones until 2010 or so.

Elaborate

i'll grant you early adopters kinda got screwed... but that's par for the course in technology

Yes, absolutely. He invented technology as we know it today.

his entire success was built on finding people who were actually competent in engineering, overworking them and stressing them out by micromanaging the fuck out of anybody that didn't exceed his expectations by 200% then taking the final product and shilling it like it was his own idea and design that made it happen. then he died because he refused any treatment for his cancer and opted to meditate instead

>that old guy complaining about how it breaks every two years and proceeds to buy another one and now he's dead

he got cancer and knew about it early enough for it treatable but tried to cure it with homeopathy iirc

you've been on this board too long

For his drive, determination, and entrepreneurialism, yes.

Macs are tools used by tons of software developers and creative professionals every day. My last company I was a web dev, and the whole company used macs. It gave us a UNIX environment while also having the ability to run stuff like Photoshop.

I don't think Apple are perfect, and I think their new MBPs have so many fucking problems, but they are still tools used by many people.

As for marketing - he wasn't a marketing guy. He was an entrepreneur. His savvy was in starting and leading successful businesses, not specifically in marketing.

It was pretty dumb to not get surgery.

He put off surgery for months after being diagnosed with cancer, and tried herbal medicine and shit instead. Yeah, it's pretty dumb. He eventually got the operation, and it seemed fine, but then it later came back.

We would have had Google's Blackberry-like Android devices if it hadn't been for the iPhone (pic related). Blackberry was obviously very popular at the time, hence the design.

But remember there was the LG Prada which had a capacitive touchscreen (the first phone to do so), and a form factor the same as the iPhone, which came out after it. So we still would have had touchscreen slab smartphones even without Apple.

Attached: htc sooner.jpg (1600x1200, 302K)

I glad that he's gone.

Sounds like every other successful entrepreneur then.

Although apart from the cancer bit, obviously. Jobs was a bit dumb for that.

Hi Stallman.

>but they are still tools used by many people.
Sure, no denying that and I'd dislike if they disappeared since they are a lot more comfy to use and the UI doesn't look like it's done by one sad guy in a basement but let's be real, they are 100% replaceable or there are workarounds to accomplish similar feats. And perhaps if Macs didn't exist, the people who did the workarounds would put more effort into them too.

>His savvy was in starting and leading successful businesses, not specifically in marketing
Sure though there quite a few people who are, IMO what made him stand out that much was the ability to sell his ideas to others, especially when they were still in a half finished stage. First two generations of iPhone were quite a joke at a pretty steep price and even MBA was very undercooked at launch; without someone with his talents they all might've flopped and we'd never get the final product.

*dies of butt cancer*

Attached: Uranus.jpg (1600x1600, 76K)

@71193451
t. street shitter

Attached: 1557207815947.png (615x353, 182K)

As an advertiser/seller, sure, he was one of the best -that's what you get in your middle-eastern genes.

As the second coming of Christ, the modern Renaissance man, fuck no. He was a good seller but he was no engineer and he used his acquaintances to his benefit.

Attached: scum.jpg (626x1627, 800K)

Jobs was a literal walking bag of shit and the biggest con-artist in the history of mankind. I'm glad he's dead.

Attached: 1542119680329.png (854x1046, 544K)

Steve jobs is a shitty human being who died way to easily.

>Sure his toys are better than from the competition

Attached: 1558583558278.jpg (1001x1024, 100K)

>le manager invented iphone
geez why normies are so dumb and worship literal face whores who contributed nothing

> be steve jobs and steve wozniak
> steal everyone elses ideas to make the apple 1 and 2
> famous video circuit for apple 2 lifted from literature in the 1970s
> take credit for stolen ideas
> people are genuinely surprised they didn't try to claim they invented the MOS6502
> steal xerox parc's operating system, try and claim there's is original and sue anyone that comes even close of making anything like parc's original OS, let alone apple mac's slow as fuck OS
> deny he ever had a daughter and refuses to have nothing to do with her
> release the apple lisa that nobody could afford, that was full of hardware issues because: rushed
> release the apple 2gs but cripple the maximum speed of the CPU because it was performing faster than the more expensive mac.
> jobs gets fired because he's driving the company into the ground and they're going bankrupt
> fucks off for several years to run his 'next' computer company
> apple are so desperate for an operating system that isn't delayed, broken and years out of date -> re-hire jobs just to get the licenses for his OS
> give no credits to the original team of programmers
> goes back to his old ways of driving apple back into the ground but is slapped around and threatened with dismissal again
> after years of disappointing sales, jobs wants to enter the mobile phone market
> steals every idea for iOS from symbian
> claim it's iOS is an original invention
> completely based on bsd. kek.
> steals the ideas of tablets from touch screen devices used in various fields for the previous 15 years
> go on to claim the iphone and ipad is revolutionary.
> start suing anyone that makes anything touchscreen, or even has OS icons or on screen keyboards that look similar
> save the company from bankruptcy
> gets cancer
> thinks he can cure it with hippy based alternative medicine instead of surgery
> surgeons tell him he fucked up now he's going die
> he dies
i think many people are glad he's dead desu.