How did you learn how to program?

How did you learn how to program?

Attached: 1360212282070.jpg (625x938, 302K)

I became Hello World itself.

This.

Minecraft redstone

Started writing text based adventure games in batch.

I started with a really basic Java textbook. I wouldn't recommend that specific textbook, but I would recommend starting with a textbook with exercises to practice what you learn.

Bump

The basic concepts came from RPG Maker 2000.
Then I got a bit more into it by making Lua scripts for Open Tibia Servers.

After that I got a 3 semester programming degree during high school and then went to university study system development and design.

lol mugen

QuakeC was the real cool kids' programming language.

I lied on my resume and got a job where I basically had to figure out how to program before people realized I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. Now I do know what I am doing and manage CScucks fresh out of uni

Bullshit.

It's summer. It's that time of year again.

Writing shit js bots for shit browser games.

In university. Was impressed and anxious as fuck by all the others that could already program, then got up to speed and surpassed them in the parallel programming lecture.

i was a mud wizard. i started on lpc and later moved on to a diku mud written in c.

>How did you learn how to program?
I installed FreeBSD, and sat down with The C Programming Language 2nd edition. When things sucked, I looked up the solutions online. I read the FreeBSD Handbook. And I learnt.
Though it probably helped that I had an AP Computer Science class I had already taken and forgotten, before that point. I probably still had some parts subconsciously remembered.

In how many languages?

I write all my server side code in redstone, I can +1 this.

I wanted to be an complete asshole on my stolen aol accounts. Mission accomplished.

doing my chemical engineering homework in python

Which MUD?

Tried a lot of books because I thought there is some special way to understand how to program and I just didn't encountered it in the books. In reality programming is like woodworking. You just need to know how to use the tools

Wiremod for Garry's Mod, then school.

there is this thing called university

Playing with Mark Overmars's Game Maker, about 20 years ago

I took the c++ course on sololearn. After that I took most of the other courses available on the site including for html, css, php and concluding with swift. Ironically I mostly program in c and shell now.

Learn Python the Hard Way, started to hate it halfway through (though tbf I did learn some stuff I wouldn't have learned from some codeacademy thing) then took the 6.00x intro to computer science class on edX. Took a bootcamp after a couple years of messing around casually

started in university with a c++ course kek

I didn't have to learn. I compiled my own genetic code from the womb

Attached: Gangster-baby-cell-phone-spy.jpg (540x384, 41K)

Dad had Visual Basic on his computer and I messed around with the form designer
one day I got curious about how to turn it into an actual working program so I started googling
Realized VB is shit very quickly though and switched to C#

blagged my way into a low paid programming position (didn't even know what sql was)
learned programming on the job

I started out writing addons, mob and boss scripts in Lua for World of Warcraft private servers running ArcEmu when I was about 14. There were a couple of concise tutorials that explained the very basics of programming, and the rest of the fundamentals I picked up just through the act of doing work and studying other people's scripts.

I found that brainfuck uses only 8 characters and decided it will be easy to learn. It was. But programminng in it wasn't, it was more like a creative puzzle than a programming language.

Typed in programs from magazines as a kid.

Attached: 4FC0AD20-39BB-47CE-8A70-A021179F516A.jpg (1000x1333, 295K)

>Crack
>Sssip