Installing Windows 10 1903

>blocks your path
You cannot install Windows 10 update 1903 with USB flash drive. I am a service tech and need to be able to update many computers quickly for our customers. You cant even install the update from the online upgrader, if there are ANY USB flash drives in the computer.

Is Microsoft so fucking dumb that they can take 2 months extra to deliver an update and still can't even fucking deliver it properly?
>we changed how drivers work. Again.
This company is hot ass.

Attached: 20190530_165030.png (1440x810, 732K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4500988/windows-update-hold-for-windows-10
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497935/windows-10-update-kb4497935
youtube.com/embed/4K4hC5NchbE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the update process for some unholy reason wasnt able to delete 4 files in my %appdata%/temp folder so it proceeded to create a new user folder with a .000 append dump why whole userdir in it and call it a day.

you'd be surprised by how many application/script like to point toward hardlinked path instead of using the userdir variables.

i genuinely feel bad for small buisnesses that wanna keep pace but, its gold how many shitty software vendors have been destroyed by win10s insane hindoo voodoo

Yeah you can, the fuck are you talking about

What software you are using to make the usb installer?

actually i aint much better than MS because all i did to fix it quick was to make a symlink to the new folder

>being this retarded
Have you even tried? It's not the imaging or the drive or anything it is literally a block by Microsoft that the update will NOT install if you have ANY SD or USB storage devices plugged in.
>support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4500988/windows-update-hold-for-windows-10

>ITT: Retards who can't even use Windows properly

You can literally have the update installing from the Win 10 upgrade assistant online and it will halt the operation if you have any random USB storage plugged in.
Maybe it will work with a DVD rip but I haven't tested it yet.

You are fucking stupid and not qualified to be a "service tech" I literally installed 1903 via a 8gb flash drive on a fucking windows tablet.

>not using LTSC
kya

Attached: hw90mv57gfu21.jpg (640x668, 56K)

Where did I say I was installing it on a tablet? I have used USB installation for every single release update leading up to this without any issues. It saves time downloading the same packages 10 times a day, cuts down turnaround time, can be reused when new releases come out, doesn't depend on networking and can be run easier on systems with corruption to repair the OS than trying to get a browser to work and download the upgrade utility.
If you can actually source a legit problem with the method I will be surprised. You sound like a fucking idiot.

>clean installed
No fucking shit you can clean install, the block is for upgrades only not clean installs.

>you're a bad tech, just format their hard drives and clean install
Yeah wow, teach me more sensei

I performed inplace upgrade using USB.
what are you talking about OP?

>"UPDATE NOW UPDATE NOW!!"

FOR FUCK SAKE, STOP UPDATING

If I don't do it for people they will be faced with the update when MS pushes it and fuck it up and have problems, or they will refuse to do it and put it off until they have problems because it takes too much time or is scary.
To 1903? I find it hard to believe you because Microsoft has hard coded the update to not install if you have USB storage connected as stated here
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4500988/windows-update-hold-for-windows-10
I would need you to prove that to make me believe you

Download an ISO from the tool, and then use Rufus faggot.

>using Windows 10
>ever

Attached: costanza pizza.png (538x593, 550K)

I did, genius. I do exactly that every fucking 6 months and prep 3 USBs. Read the fucking statement from Microsoft.
Try doing it yourself if you don't believe me.

>implying I clean installed
I downloaded on my fucking desktop, burned it to a fucking flash drive and plugged it into a fucking windows tablet and clicked setup.exe

a windows tablet is functionally the same as a fucking desktop as far as operating system goes you brainlet and I did use a fucking USB installation.

They already fixed this issue ya doofus: support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497935/windows-10-update-kb4497935

Plugged a USB device into my 1809 laptop and my third PC with 1809 and the update started just fine.

Though I canceled it since neither my laptop or my third PC really needs 1903 yet.
Maybe tomorrow.

TF, I literally just upgraded 3 different model pcs to 1903 at work using a usb. Clown

>yesterday
Of fucking course, and I bet they silently did it a few days prior so all these other goofs don't even know the bug ever existed.

> Unisng winshit 10 in 2019

Literal nigger tier thread

No issues for me too. You cant even do basic stuff.. geez mr "service tech" i hope your business is running well.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

>updating to the latest feature pack before you let the guinea pigs test it for you

Are you dense? And you call yourself a service tech. You should be ashamed.

Nice flashdrive

lmao, i have that exact drive on my keychain. is slow as fuck

same, looks cool though

Attached: JasontheSeal.jpg (741x632, 97K)

yeah, that's why i got it. and it was cheap.

No need for USB drives now. Pajeet tells you how
youtube.com/embed/4K4hC5NchbE

absolute curry!

Have fun not getting the new terminal or WSL 2 changes user. I just switched from LTSC to Enterprise N 1903 two weeks ago solely because of this. Hell even WSL 1 won't work on LTSC

LTSC = Debian stable
Semi-Annual Channel = Fedora
Prove me wrong.

i use VMWare Workstation.

From where did you get the iso?

insert USB flash -> stop updates
proffit

I am sure they will fix it jesus they only added widows to usbs a few months ago

This. If you use windows 10 either be on LTSC or on SAC. SAC(Targeted) is for rarts

>You cannot install Windows 10 update 1903 with USB flash drive

yes. yes you can. i literally did this with that very version of windows 10 yesterday. it was as easy as installing any OS via an external drive. windows 10 on the other hand is awful and you should look into instructing your customers to buy extended support for 7, or just get them using windows 8.1 for the next 5 or so years before it dies to.

see thread for reference: it is literally the worst operating system on the face of the planet. temple os is a better daily driver than that hot steaming garbage.

why do people talk like this, and then are proven thoroughly wrong?
it's only wrong people that talk so flustered about something going wrong when they are the ones that are wrong

>its gold how many shitty software vendors have been destroyed by win10s insane hindoo voodoo
> he thinks windows 10 (all editions) are not pirated to death
> doesn't understand how all come with KMS emulators and USB installable
> insists on downloading ISOs from microsoft
> uses windows updater instead of the based wsusoffline
> vendors destroyed she says
L M A O. sure is fucking summer in here.

welcome to the Jow Forumseniune compulsive liars board. enjoy your stay.

>previous win 10 update deletes your files
>next win 10 update doesn't even let you install it
They really don't want us to use Windows 10 huh? I guess this is what happens when you put a fucking Pajeet at the helm. MS was ruthless under Bill's tenure but at least it fucking worked.

Not installing LTSD 2021 in 2019

it's still an ugly piece of shit with broken scaling and a mess of fragmented setttings that take hours of pre-configuring an install image or direct configuration after you boot in. it's a terrible excuse for an operating system. it is a soul harvester.

Attached: 1559249156313.jpg (864x698, 93K)

Attached: 1559251803054.jpg (877x715, 85K)

>need tech support to help his retarded ass
>make thread start with FUCK WINDOWS FUCK MICROSOFT
Every fucking time. Fuck off Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team

I use LTSC and I have a hard time convincing myself to use a new version of Windows 10. It's shit that any new release takes at least 7 to 10 months to be stable "enough". Like 1809 and LTSC are still rough around the fucking edges.

How do I get this update ?

windows update assistant if you really want it.

Microsoft have already said they're fixing this issue within a month, which is why systems effected aren't being pushed the update yet.

Pro tip: don't try and force a brand new update on systems that aren't ready for it.

>or they will refuse to do it and put it off until they have problems because it takes too much time or is scary.

You literally can't put off Windows 10 updates, that's the whole point.
Most users won't know how to delay the update themselves, and if you're an admin worth their salt, you would've already locked down that option for end-users.

Unrelated question

USB Flash Drives are slow as fuck, how come you don't use external SSDs or even HDDs for faster transfer speeds if it's really that big of a deal?

>I am a service tech and need to be able to update many computers quickly for our customers

So you're the bitch for an MSP is what you mean.
user, this is where you go to your boss and explain you get to charge the retarded customers out the ass for "making it longer" so now you get a nice fucking bonus

But really you'll just get yelled at and told to work after hours for free - move on from the MSP

There's no way he's working for an MSP, or if he is, it's one of the most incompetent I've ever heard of.

Strange, it worked fine for me.

m80 all I did was download the 1903 media creation tool, installed it to the usb drive and then ran setup.exe on the flash drive from a booted 1809 system and it performed an in-place upgrade just fine, save for a couple bugs. Calm down.

Attached: works-on-my-machine.jpg (512x512, 41K)

>you'd be surprised by how many application/script like to point toward hardlinked path instead of using the userdir variables.
Speaking of Windows dir variables, is there even a point to %WINDIR%. I don't think it can be (using official methods) anything other than C:\Windows\ unless you installed NT 4 with a custom directory and followed a long winded upgrade path to modern Windows.

find it yourself summer

Please respond.

correction: i meant is there a point *anymore*

imagine installing windows on the D:\ drive

media creation tool hasn't worked for me in over 50 years. craps out with an error on every machine i tried it with. rufus works just fine. op is a faggot.

>sacrificing stability to beta test new features
oof. Win10 is barely usable on LTS, I can't imagine receiving forced feature updates on any computer that matters. Also PuTTY exists.