Come home white man

come home white man

Attached: E21BA3B3-BE95-4FD5-907F-D9CF2A7BB58E.jpg (900x500, 59K)

I miss slackware. It was my second OS I learned on after RedHat 9 went EOL. I miss playing with FreeBSD too.

Now I don't have time to play with OSes. I simply install ubuntu containers to do all my development

Same here. I started with thr now gone Mandrake Linux back in 99 then moves to Slackware sometime in 2001. Used for about 10 years then tried Ubuntu because that was all the rage. Tried many I'm between including Debian, Red Hat and SuSE but have settled on Manjaro recently. Might stick with that for a while. Will come back to Slackware one day.

I'm not white and I use slackware

I tried it, I just didn't like that it also has the world's oldest packages.
I am, however, a zoomer, so I could be at fault here.

One day I propably should try it, but similiar to , I don't have time to try something new when fedora worked nicely for over 5 years now..

Attached: heatsinks_keep_your_ears_cool.jpg (3840x1631, 367K)

probably one of the most honest and accurate posts I've seen in ages

aww, thanks user

oldest distro means nothing
oldest yet still actively maintained = yeah cool, have my respect but still not enough to make me switch.
it lacks of features that makes a distro 'usable'
it still doesn't have a proper&convenient package manager/repo
also its small community is another reason to not use it
lastly, i want to ask to gentoo/slackware/muh manual distro guys a question.
what's the point of building/compiling all the stuff yourself if you're using another ones software and not reading all of it?
even if you're checking the code all the time, do you make your own milk, egg, hunt your own meat, or even do you make your own car?
we are in 21th century, what's the point of acting like caveman while there's better technology? i suppose you're aware of the tech stuff more than average, please don't drag others into that conflict

>white man
>white
>"man"
oxymoron

Unironically I use Gentoo because it just werks for me.
Other distros have failed to install on my hardware, and many of the ones that did install were buggy.
Gentoo installed flawlessly, and everything works flawlessly. I attribute this to a slimmer kernel and slimmer software.

At least white man doesn't tighten M40 bolt in M20 nut.

you compile everything for your own architecture which means that it will support meme ones that no other distro bothers with and it will preform better because of that

it doesnt have a fucking package manager. it's inconvenient as fuck. literally anything but Ubuntu or Fedora are inconvenient

Here is your reply.

isnt yellowdog linux basically rhel?

Attached: Yellow_Dog_Linux.png (1440x900, 1.17M)

That’s not centos 6

The Linux kernel is completely pozzed at this point. There is no going back. It’s time to move to OpenBSD and Plan 9.

>this kernel sucks, move on to yet more Unix/Bell Labs garbage!
No thanks. 9Front is more cucked than Linux ever was, and BSDs have a bad license.

Slackware is not a bad distribution at all, but Gentoo is better.
Let's be honest here, manually managing dependencies has no practical advantage.

>no release in two years
>webshit is HTTP-only

BSD has the best freest non retard license. Any Digital rights are retarded. Cant forbid that people copy an unlimited available item from being copied. How is it theft. Intellectual property ist the stupidest thing in the world.

hey user, what was it like to use RedHat 9? yesterday my dad saw me using linux, he hasn't used linux is a loooong time. He told me "red hat is still the most popular distro right?"

it was a different time. I developed high performing websites with apache and mod_perl