Liquid cooling?

Liquid cooling?
But what about freon cooling?
I found a compressor from a fridge. (1/4 HP, I guess that is 200W in normal units, R600a). Shit is working.
Considering that R600a give 2.0 COP, I can cool 400W no problem.

Attached: hqdefault (9).jpg (480x360, 21K)

Here is a plan.
1. Get copper CPU block.
2. Get copper GPU block
3. Solder copper pipes to them.
???

post your actual tech somewhere else. this board is for gentoo posting and fanboying

it's a cool project, but a fridge compressor will probably wear out pretty fast if you ask it to run at full power for long periods of time.

Do they still make these as a commercial product like they used to? (Vapochill, Prometia, Koolance...)

Are you honestly all fucking kids here?
Shits been around for ever.

The things you gotta do these days to cool the intel chips...

>it's a cool project, but a fridge compressor will probably wear out pretty fast if you ask it to run at full power for long periods of time.
They are pretty reliable, they fail rarely in fridges (other stuff usually does). Also, I think they are actually designed to run 24/7 being on... As long as you can cool the motor, shit would work. Computers don't last that long.
I have other thing, it will be noisy I guess.
So, it would probably make more sense to use water as heat accumulator of sort. Or get inverter compressor somewhere.
Not in ghettos.
Kek. Sure they are hot.

>You'll never have an oil cooled PC
why live?

You can do it.

> Also, I think they are actually designed to run 24/7 being on...
No they are intermittent. Your fridge doesn't run every second of the day, and if it does it's fucked up and will freeze the shit out of the inside. They run whenever the fridge temperature gets above the set point and turns off when it goes below. Once down to temperature from the initial cooling it probably runs an hour per day or less. Running it continuous will wear it prematurely.
>As long as you can cool the motor, shit would work.
Even if it is a continuous rated motor, it's still abnormal wear and tear on the internals as well as the compressor.
Plus add in needing to dump the heat elsewhere effectively and monitor pressures so you don't freeze or blow a line

Could be a cool project tho, would definitely be extremely effective if you got everything all set up and working properly

Enjoy the puddle of water on your boards because of the condensation.

>Once down to temperature from the initial cooling it probably runs an hour per day or less.
True, fridges are isolated relatively well.
I have noticed a tendency. Manufacturers put smaller and smaller compressors (150-200W vs 50-100W), and new fridges are quieter, but they run for longer. Idk how long those fridges would last.
> it's still abnormal wear and tear on the internals as well as the compressor.
Maybe. It is more of a "Look what I can" project, which usually don't last.
>Plus add in needing to dump the heat elsewhere effectively
You can get compact condensers, not big deal. Evaporator from car would do.
> and monitor pressures so you don't freeze or blow a line
Microcontroller with thermal sensors and relay.
This will be dried by compressor. Conformal coating will prevent corrosion.

What do you mean dried by compressor? I like your idea. I hope it works. I'm just suggesting your educate yourself on dew points vs relative humidity and temperatures. Condensation can form on the exterior of your copper lines feeding your cooling block. If that happens and the water drips onto your energized components/board, it's lights out.

At least take some time to google around and learn about water formation with the use of refrigerants.

>What do you mean dried by compressor? I like your idea
That is not a my idea. Some portable AC and fridges use heat from compressor, or sometimes even heat from condenser to evaporate water.

Water that is condensates is basically distilled, so it shouldn't conduct much, but it will cause corrosion.

Attached: Untitled].png (2000x2000, 50K)

And yeah, I'm too cheap to use proper R600a isobutane, I'd use camping 98% isobutane. Smelly gas would make it safer.

Watch Linus' video

>How to Build the ULTIMATE Sub-zero Phase Change Cooling PC Build Guide

Good luck! I really hope it works.

That is hacked together solution with way oversized system.
In any case, it is more like me learning to fix fridges, rather than building PC cooler.

Wait, I though about wrong video.

Mount PC parts upside down.
Use Riser Card to achieve this with GPU
Condensation will "drip" down into a drip-pan. Still need conformal for condensation that sticks using surface tension.

>Mount PC parts upside down.
Fuck, you're fucking genius.
>Still need conformal for condensation that sticks using surface tension.
Vaseline would do, no need to spray

Alternative option:
Use the phase change system to super-chill a water+alcohol/anti-freeze solution. Use traditional liquid cooling from there.
If you only chilled the tank, and only when the water reached a certain temperature, you could basically not run it full time, get to below freezing temps, and be able to use more off-the-shelf parts. Not to mention, with more insulation on the off-the-shelf liquid tubing and contact blocks, you could potentially avoid a lot of condensation.

Why not just shove whole motherboard with standard air cooling into a hermetically sealed box and add an standard window ac unit? Leftover moisture could be removed with silica-gel or by replacing air with helium (which will also improve thermal conductivity).