That makes FOUR fucking flash drives that corrupt my shit or just stop working within a month of purchasing...

That makes FOUR fucking flash drives that corrupt my shit or just stop working within a month of purchasing. Can someone point me to a fucking flash drive or something similar that I can just store my files on? I've had hard drives crash before and I can't handle losing all my personal shit again. I just want something I can back up my stuff and put in a drawer somewhere to update once in awhile and not have it be fucking corrupted when I plug it back in. Is there a better device to do this with?

I was looking at portable SSD drives on amazon but I see a lot of negative reviews of them failing all by themselves. Is one better than the other? I don't need anything enormous, a 64gb or 128gb would be fine, I just need it to work without destroying everything I put on it.

Attached: 45678654.jpg (590x497, 62K)

Use safe removal next time, dumbass.

don't format them with FAT32

> that makes four flash drives
> lost files
> no idea how to recover them
> i keep buying garbage and wonder why it dies
the absolute fucking state of this board. stop buying cheap bullshit, faggot
>I was looking at portable SSD drives on amazon but I see a lot of negative reviews of them failing all by themselves
>amazon reviews
are you even trying? they're as reliable as putting a pedophile in charge of a kindergarten.

I started making sure I was doing that after the second one went tits up, though I'm not sure removing the drive should cause the entire thing to stop being recognized.

One I was using as a file transfer to/from work and any .iso or any installer I put on it would be corrupted instantly. Then any pictures I had the thumbnails would stop working and I would lose them picture by picture returning errors in my viewer before every single thing returned an error. This constant bullshit negates any usefulness of having a file bank because I can't safely delete them off of my PC to save room because I'm worried these fucking things will delete my shit every single time I plug them in.

I have onedrive but I don't like having my shit uploaded onto a remote server, I just want a brick that will be reliable.

i've got a couple 128gb sandisks that have terrible reviews and never had a problem. it isn't the flash drive its the operating system at the other end probably.

>you're dumb
>you shouldn't be dumb
>here's another reason you're dumb
>no resolution though
I didn't lose any files because I never removed them off my PC. The point is I need a backup for if something happens to my PC but these pieces of shit are like garbage disposals. I don't care about cheap I just want something that works.

oh man if the fucking thing is mounted than its processing from the FAT. removing it will corrupt the file table you slobbering tard

>wants something reliable
>keeps buying cheap shit

Attached: 1548819400658.png (538x480, 170K)

> what is a search engine?
fuck off, faggot. this isn't a tech support thread. you want tech support? fuck off and die. there's your tech support, you lazy fucking moron.

>behold as they start eating their own

You're dumb but I also don't know the answer: the post

Attached: 0eYFv9U.png (696x665, 742K)

Crashplan or BackBlaze out of the question?

use a search engine, you lazy fucking moron. Jow Forums isn't tech support for dribbling retards.

Also don't know if these are still on shelves, but Kingston DataTraveler 100G3 has been good to me.
ADATA was dogshit. Had to buy ~8 of them for work (booting an internal tool off them) all of them failed after a single install of the tool (single write). Went back and bought other Kingston then too, actually.
Basically: Kingston.

Don't keep NAND flash without power for too long, the electrons get bored and fuck off.
And don't use FAT32/exFAT, use NTFS or literally anything with a journal.

You could also get a 2.5" USB-powered enclosure and your choice of SSD or low power HDD.

every board is for exactly what I get out of it, idiot.

This seems like some super hefty shit for what amounts to less than 150gb of personal files.

I'm paying for onedrive at the moment but it already had one bad freakout where it somehow almost deleted every file I had backed up (it fucking put 5,000+ files into my recycle bin?). I have no idea how and I don't even care if it was something I did, if that can easily accidentally happen then I don't trust it. I really just need a boat anchor in my house that I can throw photos and lots of text files to and not worry about it. Money isn't the issue, it's trust that when I plug that fucker back in the files will actually still be there.

The people saying "cheap garbage" are especially retarded considering why wouldn't you start with low priced items first? I would have imagined the whole "storing files in a static device sitting in a fucking drawer without shredding them for no reason" issue would have been hammered out by now.

Attached: 1308297744951.jpg (252x159, 9K)

>no resolution though
DON'T BUY CHEAP SHIT! READ THE FUCKING REVIEWS!

Looking at that kingston model right now on amazon, I'll definitely look into more by them also. Pretty cheap, if they work then they work. Sandisk has been the one fucking me up my ass recently, but the first 2 were separate companies that I couldn't be fucked to remember the names of.

Attached: arRCUkX.png (409x601, 368K)

>what are Samsung and Crucial SSDs
You killed a thread for this

>look at the reviews
Do you think Jow Forums was my first fucking stop? Always pleasantly surprising when 4 1/2 stars with almost 18k reviews goes tits up twice in a row on two different computers. Cheap sure, but how expensive does a flash drive need to be before it fucking works?

Attached: 7WaI9y9.png (791x203, 53K)

SanDisk SSDs have awful performance.
They're blazing fast at first but then really degrade. One failed on me last week, lost an entire OS. nothing important related to work but getting a new SSD to start working again was such a time suck.

>Sandisk has been the one fucking me up my ass recently, but the first 2 were separate companies that I couldn't be fucked to remember the names of.
I made the same mistake. If you can't remember the name of it then it was probably a piece of shit so stick to reputable names for storage. I also had a run of bad luck last year with sandisk usb drives.

I looked up external drives thinking they would be more stable and since I really don't need to take it anywhere anyway it would be fine just sitting on my desk, but nope all the negative reviews saying the thing just fucking fails by itself 5-10 weeks in. I don't know how storing files on a desk is still technology that has the ability to fail this often. It's very frustrating.

It sounds like you don't know how to operate a computer. You keep breaking shit, cloud storage "deletes" your files, relying on a flash drive for a backup (then deleting the original).

Attached: Breakfast.jpg (185x272, 13K)

>One failed on me last week, lost an entire OS
>tfw been using nothing but chink kingdians for years and they work fine
even my router has a kingdian msata ssd

Use a fucking standard 2.5" HD. You're backing shit up for Christ's sake.

Nigga what are you doing to your sticks? My oldest regular flashdrive is from fucking 2009 and it's still going

Use google drive.

The backup isn't FOR deletion, it's in case of something going wrong with my pc I don't want to lose everything, as specified multiple times in this thread I didn't lose anything.

Onedrive hosts your shit on the server and then syncs to your pc, so something went wrong with the sync (while my computer was off no less) and it tried to sync the missing files on the server with missing files on my pc and somehow decided the way to do this was to throw all my shit in the fucking trash. I turned my pc on and noticed I couldn't open any pictures and then realized that it dumped 40gb worth of shit into my recycle bin just waiting for my neurotic ass to quickly empty it like I always do (gotta keep that desktop clean right) and royally fuck myself.

I have an SSD on my pc and also a normal 2tb drive. SSD has nothing on it but OS shit and I've had multiple mechanical drives fail in the past for various reasons ranging from shock to power outages to literally nothing. The whiiiiiRRRRRRR *CLICK* is a noise I have come to fear and anyone who is over the age of eleven knows what hard drives used to be like. Wanting a data bank because you don't trust technology doesn't sound so stupid when the fucking data banks you're looking up APPARENTLY FAIL ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Attached: 7653454351.jpg (529x587, 55K)

>use NTFS
I second this. FAT is garbage

>Everything breaks and it's never my fault!!!!

Attached: feel better.jpg (500x377, 43K)

i've used these to transfer 100s of gigs in movies no probs
i think using early windows 64bit kernels fucks them up

I never said the shock wasn't from me reeling back and punching the front of my computer tower as hard as I could because of a bad round of 1.6, now did I nigger? Move along zoomer, someone with real life computer experiences is talking.

another thing i've never experienced is hard drive failure. some people are just allergic to tech

I have one from 7 years ago. Read speeds are still great. Write speeds are fucking atrocious.