/cyb/ + /sec/ - CYBERPUNK/CYBERSECURITY GENERAL

/cyb/ + /sec/ - CYBERPUNK/CYBERSECURITY GENERAL
Previous threads: [ archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//type/op/ ]
THE CYPHERPUNK MANIFESTO: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html ]

- - - - - -

/cyb/erpunk [6 April 2019]
The Cyberpunk Manifesto: [ project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html ]

The alt.cyberpunk FAQ (V5.24) [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview24.htm ]
What is cyberpunk?: [ pastebin.com/pmn9vzWZ ]

Cyberpunk directory (Communities/IRC and other resources): [ pastebin.com/AJYry5NH ]
Cyberpunk media (Recommended cyberpunk fiction): [ pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx ]

The cyberdeck: [ pastebin.com/7fE4BVBg ]

- - - - - -

/sec/urity [XX XXXXXXXXX 20XX]
The Crypto Anarchist Manifesto: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html ]
The Hacker Manifesto: [ phrack.org/issues/7/3.html ]
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: [ archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt ]

The /sec/ Career FAQ (V1.9) [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Security/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview9.htm ]

Why Privacy Matters: [ youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk ]
"Shit just got real": [ pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0 ]

Cybersecurity basics and armory: [ pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX ]
Endware: [ endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html ]
BBS archives: [ textfiles.com/index.html ]

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0): [ mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw ]
Additional reading: [ ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/ ]

FTP Backup: ftp://50.31.112.231/pub

- - - - - -

OP Post: [ pastebin.com/8Hk5Ks7h ]

-----------

theintercept.com/snowden-sidtoday/

NSA LEAKS! :DDDDDDDDD

Attached: intl spy museum binary code.jpg (2016x1512, 786K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/technology-48434175
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-23/amazon-is-working-on-a-wearable-device-that-reads-human-emotions
bbc.com/news/uk-48219557
thelightstreamchronicles.com/season-6-p268.html
strawpoll.me/17553228/r
youtu.be/xTE3WpUw338
twitter.com/notdan/status/1134559331989434368
rbt.asia/g/thread/68071074/#q68103989
wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When I talk to someone who works with computers.

Attached: 1529205933092.jpg (1080x572, 34K)

i'm going to make someone's life a living hell or otherwise convince them to do right for stealing nearly $100k out from under my sister's nose in an inheritance by forging documents
she can't afford a lawyer, and the police can't or won't do shit on the matter
i've got a linkedin, his mother's address, phone number .. 99% sure his brother was in on it too
any suggestions or ideas?

Make money > buy guns > pay goons > walk up on that nigga and intimidate them

he's a slippery cunt
job has him hopping back and forth across the country
wonder if they know about his extensive criminal history, or how they'd feel about this whole matter
he and his bro already went to vegas and are currently on another little vacation, not to mention he paid off a sizable debt

=== /sec/ News
>Would you recognise yourself from your data?
bbc.com/news/technology-48434175
Good question. And how would you prefer the mistakes? Anyways:
>he circular, grey robot vacuum gently bumps against against my feet.
>As it quietly docks itself in its charger, the floor plan it has built leaves the vacuum and ends up on a cloud server in China.

I have a Roomba with SLAM. I am not going to enable the wireless option on it.
Some of the mistakes are hilarious, others could be serious.

He is unlikely to have declared it on his taxes. A call to IRS might do the trick.

Which certifications are good? Is CCNA a meme or is it actually viable for a resume

Start here: ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview9.htm

it's for switch monkeys who like crimping cable

=== /sec/ News:
In times where data leaks are still flowing freely, what could be next?
>Amazon Is Working on a Device That Can Read Human Emotions
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-23/amazon-is-working-on-a-wearable-device-that-reads-human-emotions
Well, what could possibly go wrong? After all, you are also the product.
>Designed to work with a smartphone app, the device has microphones paired with software that can discern the wearer’s emotional state from the sound of his or her voice, according to the documents and a person familiar with the program. Eventually the technology could be able to advise the wearer how to interact more effectively with others, the documents show.

This sounds just wrong.

welp, time to start practicing wearing my emotionless face at all times

Based

Attached: 5E710664-79C4-4CEB-BCEE-A87C32866629.jpg (739x415, 29K)

At last someone takes security seriously - POTUS
bbc.com/news/uk-48219557
>On the ground, the president travels in Cadillac One - a bullish, enhanced limousine dubbed the "Beast" for obvious reasons.
>The car can hold at least seven people and has a wide range of medical supplies on board, including - NBC News suggests - a fridge full of the president's blood.

Do we really want to know how they tapped POTUS for enough blood to fill an entire fridge!? Even in Transylvania, that would be impressive.

ayy we're back
last thread (official): last thread (unofficial lewd chinese cartoon version):

Attached: 1550231915596.jpg (650x287, 36K)

Well, a lot of futuristic clothing tends to be tight, shiny and possibly lewd. Popular in fiction, less so IRL, strangely.

>Popular in fiction, less so IRL, strangely.
I guess it's because they're mostly a male fetish and not something practical to wear in a society where being fat (ehm.. "body positive" whatever) is considered a progressive attitude.
My idea of future fashion is much closer to pic related, jacked with homemade sensors that communicate thru encrypted channels using natural skin conductivity insted of radio frequency and protect against harmful external EM fields.
We are so much concerned about pollution in environment, while we seem totally indifferent to electro magnetic cancer growing day by day. Just because it's invisible, it doesn't make it less harmful, and we're soon gonna find out the hard way.

Attached: 1558875606003.jpg (915x582, 127K)

New episode in Lightstream Chronicles
thelightstreamchronicles.com/season-6-p268.html
Evasive action coming up.

Attached: p268m.jpg (960x873, 738K)

Pine64 is based in China should I be wary of their products?

>I guess it's because they're mostly a male fetish and not something practical to wear in a society where being fat (ehm.. "body positive" whatever) is considered a progressive attitude.
A poll over at indicate only 10 percent of those wearing latex are femanons, interestingly the majority (anons and femanons) wear latex for the looks rather fetishes.
strawpoll.me/17553228/r

>My idea of future fashion is much closer to pic related, jacked with homemade sensors that communicate thru encrypted channels using natural skin conductivity insted of radio frequency and protect against harmful external EM fields.
Clothing as a machine is probably as cyb as it gets. Some here was inspired by Eudeamon to add built in waste management, to put it delicately. Nothing heard since.

On a more pedestrian note you can use clothing with built in silver wires. These are meant for anti static use (practical in itself) but with a higher density weave you can shield your body from RF radiation. Just don't wear one when passing through an airport since it shields more than security would like.

>We are so much concerned about pollution in environment, while we seem totally indifferent to electro magnetic cancer growing day by day. Just because it's invisible, it doesn't make it less harmful, and we're soon gonna find out the hard way.
In that case I would recommend ultrasonic communications rather than skin conductivity which is RF at a lower frequency.

Attached: OrderEntry.jpg (3840x2160, 1.67M)

Im supposed to use OpenSSL to create a self signed certificate and install it in a browser. What does that mean? How do I install it in a browser?

That is browser dependent. Just google
code]install self signed certificate it in browser[/code]

Attached: commute_by_guweiz_d9tvrxq.jpg (900x900, 189K)

FAQ editor here, planning to push out an update with reference to the movie Hardwar, see earlier discussions at ▶ Any other things we should add? Or inputs to remaining issues?

Attached: TODO_24.png (1487x306, 64K)

OK, Preview 26 was just uploaded:
ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview26.htm

Attached: cyberpink.jpg (700x700, 329K)

I wonder if something like pic. related would cause the recognition software to dump core.

Attached: prince-aoanew-facebook.png (1200x630, 913K)

They dont claim to be libre, probably for a reason.

Slow night, not sure why. Hope it is still on tomorrow morning after - Daybreak.

Attached: daybreak2.gif (640x480, 123K)

Thanks user saved my ass

bump

>pic is technology related not totally unrelated anime girls
>links and information included in the op
BASED thread, unlike last one, thanks to god.

Newcomer to networks here, which is better for performance:
>big packet that will be fragmented acordingly to the MTU
>a bunch of smaller packets below the mtu limit
Also, for the second option, which would be better, TCP or UDP?

I can just feel the times of cyberpunk and anti-government activism coming.
I am ready for it, fuck the government, fuck these fucking huge companies that threaten my privacy rights, as soon as these gadgets are out lets fucking raid any shops that have them

How do i avoid the eletromagnetical cancer all around us without using clothes that will out me as a "conspiracy retard"

>ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/The.TCP-IP.Guide.A.Comprehensive.Illustrated.Internet.Protocols.Reference.(2005).[159327047X].[v3].pdf
>1500+ pages
Is it worth the journey or should i just go for tcp illustred?

For raw performance udp trumps tcp everytime. This os because tcp verifies that every packet is delivered and will resend any lost packets, this is reliable but the verification steps take more time. Udp just streams packets as they are recieved and passes them to the transport layer without checking the order or if all of the packets where recieved. Keep in mind udp is unreliable and not really good in situations where all the packets need to arive in a specific irder (like downloading a file). Udp is great at steaming though.

Attached: kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.jpg (486x648, 45K)

There isn't any credible evidence that supports a connection between radeo wave saturation and cancer

>absence of evidence is evidence of absence

>Oh right I can make up whatever bullshit I want and the burden of proof will fall on you for some reason lol
Get off the security thread schitzo

I am sure it is an informative academic read but I doubt you are going to need all of that information for any real work.

Assuming your hardware can handle fragmenting and reassembling packets at the speeds you're using (it probably can), it won't make any measurable difference. That being said, packets that don't need to be fragmented will take less hardware resources as there's less work to do to process them, so that's what you want if you have the choice.

>for the second option, which would be better, TCP or UDP?
For what exactly?

that's still an artform

it's a great reference, but so are the FREE rfcs. if you have something that can index the contents of documents then it's a great idea to get all the rfcs and search through them. there are a lot of visual explanations of common networking protocols so google them.

>if you have something that can index the contents of documents
Seems like a good idea, is there any program i can find to do that?

Not him, but you're one dumb fucking cunt.
His quote on absence of evidence is logically correct.
He didn't imply burden fell on you, it was a logical statement.
His mention was electromagnetic waves, not radio waves exclusively.
Do a simple search for scholarly docs, you will find plenty of evidence of the dangers of em, there are even weapons employing it, though the intensity is more severe.
This is not exclusively a security thread that you're shitting up with your shitposts.

>still no Humble Book Bundle: Hacking 2.0 by No Starch Press

Attached: 1536631118888.png (326x274, 77K)

then do something about it.
I upped the last two

So avoid entering industrial microwave ovens?

I want to make a true cyberpunk social media site/service that can avoid censorship and is focused around people causing random havoc for fun, online and offline (e.g. Filming stunts and competing against each other).

interested in this, too. Maybe fork diaspora?

That would be interesting
Host it over tor for maximum anonymity
Accounts are required for entering, but to make an account you need too be invited
Make some sort of points system where points are earned for posting good stuff (some sort of "like" system)
The points could also act as digital currency (maybe even crypto)
Each user gets a profile page, which they make by themselves (html/css) and they get like 500KB for it depending on how much storage we have
Monthly competition for the best video (reward in more points)
Points used in expanding your profile page storage, maybe exchange it for some other cool stuff

Simple html UI that doesn't take forever to load if the connection is slow
Chatrooms and pm's over the matrix protocol (or anything that will make them secure and truly private)
No central owner/ ownership distributed over 5 people and some sort of voting system (not sure how this would work but having a single person run the thing would be a point of failure)

What would you change/add/remove?

invite only would seriously starve the community. See for example cyb/sec imageboards. Their userbase is already almost nonexistant and you'd keep it even smaller. Yet I'd suggest a little gatekeeping, similar to htb's signup.

Anyone care to offer me some ideas on what to do for a masters degree thesis? I'm really at a loss for ideas. Minimal coding (or none at all) is preferable

Invite-only doesn't really accomplish anything.
The point system could easily be abused because of lack of logging of accounts (someone just invites himself a hundred times and bots all his "likes").
Allowing people to completely customize their own pages would be too difficult to navigate. There would have to be a standard template.
TOR is too slow for livestreaming and often too slow for video.
I think "points" will be implicit like on Jow Forums (interaction/replies are your points).
I also don't like the concept of accounts because it removes the anarchy and makes the focus on the user and not any actions taken.

It's difficult to think of something that would make it worth it for people. I think success could only come if it was something that enabled local people to interact more except anonymously then other local communities to grow in other cities. A list of "events" could be shown like threads that people could then comment on. Only rule would be keep things on initial topic. A draw could be geolocation...

There is also the All Embracing Library at Clocking in at 501 GB I expect you will find most things there.

I haven't i2P'd since reading more about the architecture. Not a fan.

Hello Jow Forums, summer is here so I have plenty of free time. What's a good starting point for this field? Or should I just read thread links? Thanks in advance.

What is your field? If it relates to software you might join up with KMS-user to make this new knowledge management system (KMS) we have discussed earlier.

This video shows some of what we discussed: youtu.be/xTE3WpUw338

what's your background and where do you want to go?

I'm a real rookie, just finished my first CS/Computer Engineering degree year: got the basics on Java, C++, SQL, networking and i'd like to start with the last mentioned, networking and so on. Sorry if this is a real vague description but I'd hoped I can get some advice from you anons. Thanks

Linux distributions for firewalls and deep packet inspections, such as Smoothwall, are getting really old now. Can it be within the scope to make a new distribution with updated tools?

People have looked into this for decades, for long wave transmitters to radar emissions. And as more transmitters have been built we have also seen increased life expectancies, not people dying in droves.

h-help do my homework?

Attached: 2019-06-01 13_23_51-Coursework.png (675x514, 59K)

no

Horrific. Sadly this is the reality and browbeating practically works every time.

It reminds me of a previous place of employment where IT services had outsourced parts of the operations to an outside firm. The day before the outsourcing was to be negotiated for a renewal, one of their "analysts" connected their laptop to our computer. And it was full of worms. We didn't get much useful work done that day.

>wear latex for the looks rather fetishes.
I really dont understand latex beyond the fetish, but yeah, probably it's just me.
>add built in waste management, to put it delicately. Nothing heard since.
lol no, I like sitting on the toilet and read the newspaper behind closed doors. It's one of the rare moments of privacy I can still enjoy.
>with a higher density weave you can shield your body from RF radiation
nice, never heard them being used for that. Airports are not a problem, I'm not a fly guy.
>ultrasonic communications rather than skin conductivity
but that would be easy to sniff/detect/fingerprint from a nearby adversary or device. See the Dolphin Attack, that injects ultrasonic commands to Siri, Alexa and the likes. Skin conductivity is meant to not leave your body, so no data leak.

>A1
Of course not. How could they audit my security measures if I alter them first ? It's like evaluating the security of my front door by drilling a hole in it. Data could be locally collected or dumped to a usb key, and even that would be a breach in security policy, as usb might be blocked as well.
Test should be run without altering the current security policies, so the analyst should have a further chat to find out a better way to run it.

>A2
Will the software download additional data from the internet ?
Will it replicate itself to other boxes ?
Will it persist installed on the hosts after the test ?
Why are you using a proprietary protocol to send out information that I'm supposed to eventually know because I fucking paid for ?
Why using port 80 that is common for unencrypted http ? Even if you encrypt traffic, why breaking a standard ?

>A3
Make a backup copy of said cd. Run it on a separate network first, analyze network traffic.
Inspect cd content, take hashes of files and run them against virustotal or similar (you dont even need to upload the uber sekrit scan tools, a hash will do). You can simulate destination server without actually sending data to the real one.

In the end, there will never be assurance that the program is not harmful. DC&H could just build a clean reputation with 100.000 satisfied customers per year, until they hit the only one customer they want, let's say it's a super unhackable nuclear plant. Stuxnet did exactly this.

>A4
No. With all competitors on the market, I'd hire someone that uses open source tools I can have inspected. OR I'd hire someone that will be allowed to make attacks without me knowing. If he wants to social engineer my employees, or sit in a car and hack my coffee machine is fine, but I won't insert a fucking CD just because you said so.

Add to your A3 answer:
Get the binary, load it up in IDA, and figure out how it works. Look for unsafe libc calls like strcpy and printf. Analyze the authentication methods for security. And so on.

how big is ftp://50.31.112.231/pub archive?

What does /cybsec/ think of corebooting?

I was under the impression Coreboot was horribly behind the times, but it turns out BIOS only really became intrusive around 2009-2010, so I guess it makes sense that it took awhile for people to react against in large enough numbers for a development community to be viable. That would mean it's only lagging by three or four years rather than a full decade.

I'm tempted to buy a corebootable Thinkpad, but I really don't need all of that bulk. I just want a small, ultra-secure computer that I can use in parallel to the botnetty shit required by social life. Can a Raspberry Pi or similar smallboards be corebooted? I'd like to run a little no-GUI rig just for emacs and journalling.

what browser does /cyb/+/sec/ use for everyday driving security and privacy?
i was using palemoon for a while (with the usual sanity extensions) and was pretty happy with it, but it seemed to keep getting slower.

I googled chromium seems to do the trick, also Icecat.

twitter.com/notdan/status/1134559331989434368

wouldn't a lawyer do something under the promise of some of those 100k?

what about computer networks by tanenbaum?

>palemoon for security
rbt.asia/g/thread/68071074/#q68103989
Note: sandboxing requires a multi process architecture, see wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis
Looking at how much work Mozilla had to put in to get that running, I doubt the Palemoon devs could get that to work in Goanna even if they wanted