How long does it typically take Jow Forums to build a pc?

How long does it typically take Jow Forums to build a pc?

Attached: D36CAA2C-90FF-4C59-8597-1850D4B8219B.jpg (894x1024, 80K)

30 minutes

it unironically takes more time to install windows than it takes to build the pc. if it's your first time it shouldn't take you more than an hour, closed boxes to a pc that powers on

This is bullshit, it took me 3 hours my first time. I double checked everything and took my time. This isn’t a speed run faggot.

At work: 20 minutes
For myself: three hours because I can't afford new parts.

Unless you build a pc with a water cooler there's no justification for it taking 3 hours. Even double checking takes 5-10 minutes.

Took my about 4 my first time, yeah i fucked many things up and had to troubleshoot but i got there eventually, i dismantled and cleaned my gpu aswell in that time since i bought one used from ebay and it was dustier than a corpse

>he builds his own PC
I let the nerds at Best Buy play with Legos for me. Not worth the time/effort

Attached: 1498426871025.png (1907x1080, 840K)

I’m sure it wasn’t worth your well valued ERP time, tranny

I've never timed myself. I don't get in a hurry though. Might go make a cup of tea while I'm in the process. I had no idea it was supposed to be a timed event.

Attached: 1344149854443.jpg (600x515, 121K)

As long as possible because it's a pleasure to "build" a PC.

>not into nerdshit
next your gonna say you're not into programming

20 minutes if it has a normal CPU cooler 90 if it's some be quiet mounting BS

>he doesn't outsource his job to Pajeets for 15% of his salary

Attached: Laugh.gif (500x354, 259K)

2-3 hours because I take the time to do it properly

Building a PC is like cutting when you cook. Speed will come

>is like cutting when you cook
I mean, if you're depressed I don't care what you do but why do it when you're cooking?

like 10 minutes
everything clicks into place, the only annoying part is fucking about with the screws and realising you forgot the IO shield

>letting them touch your things

2 hours

This

Holy...you can do this?

Lawful evil as fuck

Maybe a few decades. I'm still saving up money for the parts

On a new case that i've never worked before and with cable management? Probably around 30 mins

Let me say before anything else, it was my first and last build.
i7 3930K, 24GB RAM, and HD 6990
>shit day at work
>my worst day at work yet
>only thing that didn't go wrong was I still had a fucking job there
>get home at 6PM
>only thing to be happy about to my knowledge at the time was the mobo was signed for by roommate, the last part I needed
>get straight to building
>room mate quickly tells me he ordered pizza for dinner because he was lazy
>tells me it should be here "soon"
>door rings
>was just about ready to press the power button to turn it on
>he knocks on my door and enters the room with pizza
>check the time
>it's about 7PM
>decide to eat before turning it on
>booted into windows installer first try
Funnily enough, aside from eventually adding in an SSD and upgrading the GPU (Vega Frontier, bought it new on sale), the rest is the same as when I bought it.

Maybe like 20-30 minutes. It's been a while since I've truly built a computer from scratch, though. Most of the time I'm upgrading it instead.

I just pay for the assembly service

about how long it takes me to build a lego star wars set

Depends on how fast I can get the back plate on

With an easy to work with case, yeah.

With an SFF build you need to figure out the gameplan for cable management so that everything fits without ruining airflow, and SATA power cables don't pop out on their own like they like to.

I have this odd pattern where, for all of my personal builds, if I don't accidentally cut myself and wind up bleeding in my PC, something's wrong with the build.
Once it's (accidentally) bound by blood, it always works.

>paying someone to match the square pegs to the square holes

are you poor user?

Wow user, that was a really bad story.

Over 60% of americans are poor and 45% of americans get milked by apple. Peer pressure and my insecurities. Buy mobile data with that money idiot burger.

About 2 hours from saying 'right...' to self, to having the case closed, computer powering on and desk/floor cleaned up.

Time for BIOS or Windows setup not included

Attached: 1451643664341.jpg (350x233, 120K)

Half an hour sort of

Depends on whether I'm busy licking the thermal paste

3 years and over a year of waiting for AMD especially. I'm mad at no pcie for x470 motherboards and hyper-expensive but in reality nothing special x570 motherboards. Additionally, the selection of mitx and matx seems poor.

To assemble it: 30 minutes.
Probably. My computer is a decade old. I only switch parts around and do stuff at school.

I completely redid my custom gpu/cpu loop in an hour.

About 20 minutes. Honestly, the thing that takes the most time is opening all the packaging.

I invariably don't have the right screws or insulators for my motherboard and it makes me sad and it takes me a long time to get anything done for that reason.

Not sure, I pay someone else to do this menial labor.

This is total crap. Build time depends on components. Depends on case, mobo, intetnalls, fans, cable management. My average time is around 60min, then again im not a retard just throwing everything into the case haphazardly like you.

Agreed! I find that a quality case can really make a build easier too. Don't skimp on the case.

counting the time to shitpost about it on Jow Forums?