What is your unpopular opinion on something tech related Jow Forums ?

What is your unpopular opinion on something tech related Jow Forums ?
Mine is that using the console/terminal to do something on a modern piece of tech (I can fully understand if there simply isn't a GUI for you to use on a very old machine) is stupid. This is especially true for Cisco switches where everything is configured through an terminal connection and just makes everything take 3 times as long to configure.

Attached: umpopular opinion.jpg (225x225, 13K)

Updates are overrated and a lot of the time they break as much things as they fix. If your system works there's no reason to constantly update stuff.

Not, because you acces it directly while typing. Do you need a big button sweety:) :)?

>Not, because you acces it directly while typing. Do you need a big button sweety:) :)?
My 15 euro cisco router has a gui to configure everything inside of it but a $3K Cisco Catalyst switch does not have this.
There is literally no reason to not have a gui to configure the functions in the switch and there is nothing you can say to refute this, considering an appliance from the same company that's 1% of the price does.
Reported for trolling outside of /b/, enjoy your ban.

ooga booga typing is hard

CLI tends to be more stable. commands like cat, grep, ls, etc have been pretty much the same for many years. Generally it's much quicker and more straightforward to type a command rather than using a GUI. Graphical interfaces are nice for visualizing information, of course, but I've yet to see any GUI that exposes all functionality and stays the same over time, meaning the CLI is necessary, and if you need to use the CLI anyway, many times you might as well use it for as much as possible.

My unpopular opinion is that cyber security is not a real field and your $70,000 salary is not going to get you a high baller lifestyle in expatland, incel
Wow you are big retard person
Jannies banned me once for saying ‘ooga booga’ watch out bro

Networking infra vendors like Cisco really seem oblivious of the entire Infra as Code aspect that's happened in config mgmt.

You should be able to commit something to a repo and send a REST command to the devices to repull and execute the config.

I think GNU/Linux desktops will be killed off by Chrome OS/Android/Fuchsia and I welcome this change.

Lolnope
Google sucks ass and has to pay to maintain their competitors which are better than them anyways because of antitrust laws

>Lolnope
Chrome OS can already run desktop Linux applications through a container. Developers will focus on Chrome OS instead of GNU now that Chrome OS is a viable development platform.
>Google sucks ass and has to pay to maintain their competitors which are better than them anyways because of antitrust laws
What does this have to do with anything?

Copyleft licenses like the GPL are bad too, and just as much a form of censorship as copyright. I'm not going to say they're "just as bad" as copyright, since copyleft licenses usually end of fucking over more @{ reader_is_rightwing() ? "kikes" : "capitalists" } as than does copyright. However, the truth is that all information ever posted on the internet is freely yours to do with whatever the fuck you like, and that trying to control the flow of information via "internet law" is a futile exercise, the supporters of which ought to be exterminated in the name of the continued survival and evolution of the human species.

I think Stallman said in an interview that he would rather code not be copyrightable at all. Copyleft is supposed to be the step towards ending copyright. Also, copyleft doesn't mean you can't make money from it. Red Hat makes billions through Enterprise support.

1. Engineers should be fired for not using a statically typed language on the backend.

2. Front end engineers should be fired for using React on a static website. Maybe complex sections of a page can be React but a marketing site in React is ignorance of an engineers purpose.

using clojure on my backend because java and scala are for nigs and pajeets, fite me.
agree on the second one, tho.

Both smart phones and all forms of wifi should be banned.
Planned obsolescence should be banned, with all devices being durable enough to last for no less than 20 years, while all software and features can't be updated or changed without approval.
All copyrights are abolished and trademarks, logos, and brandnames made illegal.
Everything is standardized, no extra standards allowed.

Attached: chips.jpg (1600x1200, 208K)

All forms of code must be done by hand without the use of copy-paste or anything more complex than notepad.exe.

I mean your typical dynamic languages like python, node.js, ruby, php. Clojure is fine.

2014 macbook pro did nothing wrong.

Why wifi specifically ?
Is it just because it never works as well as you want it (mobile internet doesn't seem to have this issue) ?

>Developers will focus on Chrome OS instead of GNU
Delusional.

Modern smartphones are too big.

Unpopular opinion: I should probably get my wang fixed. Burns like hell and green stuff fallen out all the time :'(

Chrome OS already has 3 times the market share of GNU for desktops.

swift is comfy

GNU/Linux shouldn't be called Linux, nor GNU/Linux. It should be called just GNU.
You don't call Android "Android/Linux", and most people rightly consider it something distinct from GNU despite using the same kernel (albeit slightly customized). Why should it be any different with GNU?

Attached: Starlink.webm (676x540, 1003K)

Copyright on everything (not just software) should expire much sooner than it currently does: it should last for 20-25 years after the initial publication at most.
Keeping it for more than this is just abuse to milk more easy money out of old ideas, where people should be concerned with making new stuff instead.
Abandonware shouldn't be a thing. Old, unsupported software, after copyright expiration, could be freely taken up and maintained once again.

bsd is going to replace linux when linux becomes just as bad as windows and macos

Linux is a kernel.

Pre-Win10 Jow Forums was better

Nice edit

>Linux is a kernel.
nobody likes you

?

"Everything is a file" is fucking retarded system. Files should be files and functions should be functions. EIAF is a hack from 80's when it was to expensive to impement and should have been abolished a long time ago.
GUI won't change unless you change it. It will not just magicaly transorm one day.