AMD X570 motherboards

*hisssssssssssss*

Attached: Screenshot_20190601-005747.jpg (1080x1326, 983K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/p/N82E16813119192
guru3d.com/news-story/amd-x370-b350-a320-x300-and-b300-a300-compared-only-sli-for-x370.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>15W design
>year 2019
>40mm fan
or just get the 350€ one :^)

Attached: 1237884925061.jpg (512x384, 53K)

Or just buy Intel, and forget about VRMs, overclocks, RAM frequency, software bugs, etc.

Is this post a joke? The only one that applies to AMD is RAM freq and all the rest are Intel only issues.

>forget about VRMs

Attached: 1541485673990.jpg (1327x1222, 331K)

what is this?

>*hisssssssssssss*
that snek, not fan. fan goes
WHIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

why does that anime have a mustache

best case scenario, I would
retrofit something like pic related

Attached: 2007, because reasons.jpg (450x300, 28K)

>reee heat is bad reeeeeee

Excessive heat is what ends up destroying computers over time. The cooler a machine runs, the longer it lasts. An example that comes to mind is the SGI Fuel, which ran extremely hot due to a poor thermal design and heat shrouds with a fucky layout.

It's actually 11W. 15W is for enterprise configurations with more PCI-E lanes enabled. I suppose some high end boards may use it but I doubt it

This doesn't make any sense. There's something wrong with the 9900k's IHS if a 360mm custom loop can't cool it. Typically that should be able to cool somewhere between 300-500W effectively depending on the loop components and fans. It's not trivial and makes the other two look like a joke and it's still just barely keeping things under control

>*runs two M.2 SSDs in RAID 0*
moron

Why are those VRMs so fucking crooked? Did they not have the money to solder them properly on their 8xx€ motherboards?

>Typically that should be able to cool somewhere between 300-500W
So it cant cool 9900k.

>GIB B550 NAO
Please just give me PCIe4 M.2 from CPU and then another M.2 but PCIe3 from the chipset

Attached: 1543341388760.gif (700x393, 1.5M)

or just use an x470, b450, x370, or b350 board

yet you faggots upgrade every 3 years anyway lmoa

fucking retard

RAM freq only applies to ryzen 1000 series

Noctua is making a fanless cooler. It could cool a 9900k

Talk me into upgrading frpm b450

>Intel Mitigation race

but then I'd have an intel and would have to go out and buy something decent again!

>It could cool a 9900k
Nothing can cool a 9900k to reasonable temps

Attached: 1551892545140.jpg (711x457, 59K)

does anyone have the price on the Asus WS?

Attached: 1454585798944.jpg (1128x700, 100K)

$299

And security. And performance.

Attached: 1559056252058.jpg (1510x1593, 1.07M)

No pci 4.0 support. x570 got so many people disappointed that mobo makers went crying to AMD so now no PCI 4.0 on older motherboards. You have to buy a x570 board. Zen2 isn't out yet and AMD is already trying hard to outjew even Intel.

>what is thermal throttling
Faggot

I'm going for a SATA SSD for my next build (because what even is the point of speed you won't notice). What do I need the PCIe 4 for?

Never spins up with decent case airflow

Not having to use the SATA cables on my modular PSU which will help a lot in SFF cases. A more serious answer, scratch disk and media cache if video editing 4K.

did all mobo makers forget how to make fan coolers or something. all the designs I have seen so far are terrible

Will the next Radeon cards utilize PCIe 4 in any noticably way?

Quickly made display model is all

I'm hoping the B series chipset is less crazy.

No. The simple reason why is that the previous version isn't anywhere close to getting saturized.

Learn how heat transfer works, brainlet.

Why is this even a problem? Compatibility issues aside, you can still run a Zen2 off the older chipsets, then buy the B-series chipset later. You would have the time to wait for the release. By then you would have the money to buy the B550 board.

If they follow the b350/b450 designs then they'll just be the x570 without the ability to bifurcate the 16x slot and less lanes available. Same thing but cut down. Might use less power for it.
Hoping for my asrock b350itx to get compatibility.

"nice hiss"

>more is better

It's funny, even after all Intel housefires, at least they still have passively cooled mobos.

What's the reason behind these god awful ear piercing fans on X570 motherboards?

cheapskate/incompetent mobo vendors

A tiny ass fan like that goes WEEEEEEEEEE

That's because Intel doesn't have PCIE4
Also Gigabyte has their X570 Arous Extreme with a passive chipset. It does have a slim pipe that runs from it to the top vrm heatsink though.

did that aussie faggot ever post a follow up article/video explaining why his temps were higher than everyone else's.

Aren't there intel motherboards with vrm coolers?

PCIe 4.0 operates at double the clockspeed of PCIe 3.0. It needs more power and just enough to require some form of active cooling if you want to go low-profile or heatpipes/tall heatsinks if you got volume for it.

The problem is that PCH needs to next to the PCIe slots in order to get PCIe 4.0 speeds. People tend to get long-ass PCIe video cards which makes it difficult to put in a tall heatsink. Some customers want to use M.2 modules so you have to make space for that.

People haven't really realized that PCHs on both Intel and AMD platforms have been running on the toasty-side (50-60C when loaded) for a while with passive cooling with a modest heatsink.

PCIe's bandwidth and I/O throughput comes at a cost.

There's also a massive assumption that 40nm fan are going to operating at high RPMs (this is what generate the bulk of the noise) when it is more likely they will operate at more modest RPMs. I also willing to wager they are thermally-controlled and you can adjust the RPM/thermal profile in the UEFI.

Why the fuck would you? Want to just burn some shekels?

Alright, but if it's only utilized like 30% max by modern GPUs, does it really need to spin up?
I hope they'll be temperature/load sensitive and that simple loads like gaming shouldn't have the need for active cooling.

It makes more sense to pick up a 400 series board, what are some other advantages to 500 series other than PCIe 4.0 which most people don't have the need for?

It will definitely come on for PCIe 4 NVMe RAID, but who knows how it will behave short of that.

You used to have 30 watt chipsets that where 100% passively cooled.. 11-15 watt doesn't need active cooling, motherboard makes just forgot how to make non-retarded motherboards

A soldered IHS should have no problem with it. If done properly it should only be marginally worse than a delidded die. A loop like that would have no problem cooling a high-end GPU overclocked to hell, it would be a breeze. The reason why CPUs were hard to cool was because of Intel's semen(tm) cooling material

non serviceable cooler.
profit?

We already had reveals of X570 boards without fans.
Oh wait, you just want a (You).

fuck fans

I ran ran four budget mushkin ssd in raid zero for 5 years underneath a water cooling loop. Zero issues, drives should last a very short time or a very long time.

You do understand that PCIe is a hardware standard. And that it requires different physical construction to support. So all the previous boards would have somehow needed to be PCIe 4.0 capable, without any actual testing. As their would have been no CPU.

oops we did a fucky wucky

This is why intel is losing big in enterprise environments.

Actually it matters to Ryzen 3000 series too

You need to be picky with your Samsung B-die, Micron E-die, or Hynix CJR if you want stable 4666mhz

What are you talking about? Meltdown, Specter, and MDS is the best thing to happen to Intel.

The mitigation impact means the every large enterprise/cloud operator are forced to buy more Xeon to cover the loss of performance. Intel has been making money hand over fist this past year because of that
>Also no class action lawsuits against Intel because they hold all their customers by the balls

It's not like AMD can even fulfill a fraction of the total demand. They are selling every Epyc they make and it's still not enough

dunno, but seeing as all other youtubers use shitty AIDA64 """""""""""""""stresstest""""""""""""" (equivalent of playing a game) and based Steve from hardware unboxed using real workload in Blender might explain some things.

I also think Hardware Unboxed were the only ones to actually remove the 95W TDP restriction in motherboard, so that the 9900K didn't TDP throttle (read: so it actually reached advertised boost clocks)

>"b-b-b-utt it's using AVX which produces more heat"

Funny how Intel idiots always mock AMD for not having all AVX instruction sets but they always go full damage control mode when benchmarks use AVX and consume insane amounts of watt and heat lol

i got a z77 and it has 2 fans. I unplugged them because they were really loud.

Shut up, goy. Just buy the 1000$ board if you don't want noise. Remember to get blinky lights, too.

Attached: 027933_intel-28-core-cooler[1].jpg (515x424, 73K)

Attached: VRM-Heatsink[1].jpg (1280x960, 361K)

Who /x370/ waiting for 7/7/ here?
These new mobos look sexy for more I/O, but I'd rather just slap in a 3900x and be comfy for the next several years.

Attached: 1559289085350.jpg (952x1200, 141K)

>Four (4) fucking 8 pin CPU power required
Jesus I knew that their presentation was bad and required a chiller, but I never really sat down and thought about just how bad that whole situation was.

I have an Asus Crosshair VI X370 and am probably still going to get an X570 board because I'm unsure if XFR/PBO will work right and if X370 is going to get full support BIOS wise. I too intend to get the 3900X.

>4666
holy fuck

The released boards have even more power sockets just for the CPU. In particular: newegg.com/p/N82E16813119192

Has 4x 8 pins and 2x PCI-E 6 pins for the CPU, 2x 24-pin main cables, and an additional PCI-E 6 pin to help run the PCI-E slot devices.

What the fuck is that? Is that a FAN
AHHAHAHAHHAHAH AHA JESUS CHRIST

Fans smaller than 14mm shouldn't be allowed in computers

AYYMD X570 HOUSEFIRES BURNING YOUR HOUSE DOWN WHEN THE TINY CHIPSET FAN FAILS

I love 1,4 cm fans, too.

Do you think the Asus mini DTX us going to be able to handle an R9-3900X?

Attached: IMG_201905sxsx27_141111_575px.jpg (678x662, 101K)

Numale gaymen form-over-function design basically.

I'll tell you one thing, modern AMD motherboards don't even need a chipset, it all boils down to whatever is flashed in the BIOS memory chip, along with maybe some strap resistors.
guru3d.com/news-story/amd-x370-b350-a320-x300-and-b300-a300-compared-only-sli-for-x370.html
B300/A300 - that's them.

Also a Asus Crosshair VI X370 with R7 1700X CPU and G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz RAM who intends to wait for the next gen and make better use of my current system.

Might upgrade from my current GPU more sooner though (GTX Titan X Maxwell), but fine so far as I have been playing old and less demanding titles (apart from Witcher 3).

>mini-DTX
>only 4 sata ports
>So-Dimm slot is used for gayming M.2 slots

So-Dimm card with 4 SAS connectors or 16 SATA connectors when

You couldn't be more wrong. Intel's had decades worth of prestige and trust. The whole MDS, Meltdown debacle completely decimated it.
The whole "Nobody got fired by buying Intel" meme got complete wrecked.
Intel competition has a golden opportunity to seize marketshare away.
I will not be surprised if AMD manages to get at least 25% SMB/enterprise marketshare if not more by the mid-2020s.

based retard

Intel has become IBM, and the meme remains the same.

Same thing could be said for ever PCIe revision that came before 4.

One can only wonder if Intel's PCIe5 chipsets will have fans when they come out.

There are two.
Gigabyte Aorus and the Aqua full cover water block by super Asscock.

25% isn't winning by any definition.
50% marketshare is still not winning, it's competitive.

You didn't read what is written did you?

In the short term, Intel is being rewarded for all those security holes. Everyone who runs large enterprise clusters/clouds are forced to turn to Intel and pony up more cash for additional Xeons.

AMD and their partners lack the capacity to capitalize on this opportunity right this very moment. They won't be able to until Rome is launched and they can provide a reliable supply of Epyc processors. Rumor on the grapevine says AMD is up to its neck in preorders and will have no spare capacity for months. Anyone that needs to expand their clusters today has to turn to Intel

If you're talking about a decade down the road, sure AMD and ARM are certain to make inroads.

>gigabyte
no thanks

Gigabyte and MSI make the worst AMD boards, their AM3+ and AM4 boards sucked.
Just buy asrock or asus.

What about evga?

Why are they bad?

On gigabyte x470 I couldn't get non GPU pcie devices detected properly and the fans control would literally just stop working on everything but the CPU leading to fans running at zero rpm randomly.
Asus x470 prime pro was cheaper and works fine with my pcie cards even with CSM disabled

wonder if it was just your board.

>implying the GA-990FXA-UD3 wasn't the best AM3+ board

Will X570 be the only way to get 2 M.2 slots without having to split lanes with the GPU? I want to get rid of SATA power and data cables with my next build.