call puts
nop
.L4:
nop
leave
ret

if will print foo and move on
while will print foo then break out

the difference is the if statement has on less line of code.

Also why not use the ternary operator

>Also why not use the ternary operator
>using the ternary operator to perform actions
yikes

this, ternary conditions should not be used for control flow. Absolutely haram.

Because this is valid C, both are undefined behavior and therefore both blocks of code are equivalent to

, so there is in fact no difference.

first printf already caused side effect and thus second printf in while block runs in state with that side effect

Can you explain why?

You need int main for it to work, op

*slow claps in african

Fuck you man i just started "programming" an hour ago, to be honest it was used to return a value i think on the example given but they didnt say anything about that.

Any optimizing compiler worth shit will optimize away both the if and while and then merge the identical printf call into one puts() call

clear code virgin detected

makes me laugh when people try to micro optimize their code and they dont realize the compiler will just throw it out for it's own optimizations

I agree.
The other day I was thinking about designing an experimental programming language that only used loops.
But the loops would be self modifying (ie statements can be removed dynamically. Sometimes in loops you'll have a statement that only needs to trigger once, and then never again - we code in a way to avoid the situation where a condition is being checked unnecessarily, but with my theoretical design you wouldn't need to, since statements will be deletable from the loop.

Based

One is an if statement, while the other is a while loop.

Attached: ayyyyy.jpg (432x444, 196K)

Wow... I didn't know that Jow Forums is so much uneducated in the field of comp arch
Let's go.
First of all, if you compiler won't catch thie second case and turn it into the first then in any isa the loop will produce more instructions. In a risc isa, that's 2 more instructions, one jump for the break and another one at the end of the loop.
Let's see what will happen again if we won't get this shit optimized by our compilers.
First of all in many ooo cpus, intel and amd afaik, the second case will make the cpu IF stage to decode it and try to unroll it. Since late 90s many cpus have a module in the IF stage that picks

ARM high performance cores are also OOO you fucking autistic nigger dumb spic pajeet. Never leave ARM High performance cores out the discussion again.

This thing exists for many languages.
Hls synthesis treats everything as a loop with the appropriate II value. If it's not a loop, then II is -1, if it's a loop, then it runs the well-known SMS algorithm to determine the II and either create an fsm or unroll it.
This is a compiler approach, not a language one. You can write regular c/c++ code and the compiler does the job.

This is an intel patent, which I think that amd pays to use it, but a huge amount of arm ooo architectures don't have it because it is not good in terms of power consumption.

What incantation is this?

Result wise there is no difference

how much money you earned by being able to solve this and also how many printf programs you were commissioned to do?

If has no braces

second is better sir

Attached: 1554133157398.jpg (450x399, 140K)

while will print nothing at all
do while is executing statement at least 1 time then checking condition
while is checking condition first then executing statement, but statement has break in it, so statement will execute 0 times

Pajeet or bait?

Do us all a favor and never write code.

font rendering is too good for somebody retarded enough to still program in c.

>but statement has break in it, so statement will execute 0 times

weak bait

no difference because A = 5. So it's gonna print foo regardless.

don't bring in optimization crap because compiler would compile both of them to the exactly same assembly code.

underrated

This. CFG is identical in both cases

lolnope
godbolt.org/z/eTsS8U

heard of compilers?

You might be right, i didn't read all that because it was 3 am and i wanted to sleep. interesting stuff

One's retarded and the other is fuck you!

>ternary operator
chads use &&
> (a < 10) && printf("foo\n");

wew

No difference there. Both just print "foo" once each.

>nop after branch target

Attached: nick-young-confused-what.jpg (505x431, 22K)

Because it's not coincides.

^certified based

What theme

literally default vim syntax highlighting

does anyone have an actual answer

Yes, there are several in the thread already