Televison techonlogy

hey Jow Forums

What's your opinion on "smart" /tv/s?
I don't I need one, but above a certain size, there are only smart ones.

Attached: smarttv.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Literal telescreens.

what a fucking autist who the fuck cares if it is smart or not pick the fuckking TV already you fucking basedboy

wtf

They're great depending on what you get.
LG's webOS beats any streaming box in ease of use and, at least on my C8 OLED, responsiveness.

I still use it even with the TV hooked up to my PC.
It's just more convenient.

Do I need constant internet for that shit? I don't want LG to spy on me.

i have one connected to the Internet, it makes requests to Samsung and netflix even when is in standby

>already being spied on by your shitphones
>hey let's be spied on by our tvs now
Fuck you, Dumbest Generation.

``have sex``

Just don't turn the smart shit on. Don't connect it to the internet, don't press the app button, simple as. Watch TV on it, use the HDMI, don't use the apps.

Smart is bad.

What if I want to watch my own stuff from USB? Can I do that without the smart shit?

It's ok

>on Jow Forums
>doesn't use a 1080p 32" PC monitor connected to a home server/android box
I see tech illiterate conzoomers run the board now.

Since you can't get much of anything modern, I would say LG. Samsung's shit is stupid. Hell Samsung is selling 4K TVs that don't fucking support their own soundbars through bluetooth because they don't include bluetooth. That's how sad that shit is.

Smart TVs are shit both from a privacy and functional point of view. Well, the ones without cameras/mics aren't so bad, but it still stands that a dumb TV + Chromecast is functionally superior to any smart TV. I haven't been in the market for a TV for 10 years or so though, so I'm not sure if it's even possible to buy a dumb TV with a good panel anymore.

Yes you don't need internet access or anything for this.

I haven't owned a tv in 10 years.

Just use a roku stick and an old dumb TV

Why are you overpaying for the marketing gimmick of “Smart”

Would you pay twice as much for a Have Sexy TV???

They are irrelevant. Never connect your TV to the internet.

Some people have a family.

Smart TVs are cheap even if you make minimum wage in a developed country.

> What's your opinion on "smart" /tv/s?
> I don't I need one
Me neither. Decline its TOS, never connect it to the net.

I don't see the need for one. I want to buy myself a nice big TV but I'm planning on just hooking up my PC on it to play games and watch shows over Kodi or Netflix. Why would I need it to contain an another computer within it?

i have no need for the smart things on tv because i would hook up it to pc. too bad there isn't normal tv's anymore. panels without operating system are monitors and fucking expensive compared to those spyware tv's.

Which is the best USB stick for dumb tv users? Chrome Cast or Roku?